1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I'm taking the evidence we already have too. That evidence proves Neanderthals were humans too, as I was pointing out in the beginning.
    If you do have clear evidence for intelligent design don't you run into the Babel fish problem?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:46
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    If you do have clear evidence for intelligent design don't you run into the Babel fish problem?
    Could you explain what you mean by the Babel fish problem?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 06:09
    Could you explain what you mean by the Babel fish problem?
    The babel fish was a creature from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that would translate any language spoken to someone with one in their ear. The guide relates a debate between Man and God, God says "I refuse to prove I exist as proof denies faith and without that I am nothing.". Man says "Ah, but the Babel fish proves you exist and so by your own argument you don't.". God says "Oops didn't think of that" and disappears in a cloud of logic. Man goes on to prove that black is white and is run over at a zebra crossing. The point is that the Christian conception of God doesn't really sit easily with proof. If you can prove God exists then there's no point in faith, which undermines the point of the religion.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 08:20
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The babel fish was a creature from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that would translate any language spoken to someone with one in their ear. The guide relates a debate between Man and God, God says "I refuse to prove I exist as proof denies faith and without that I am nothing.". Man says "Ah, but the Babel fish proves you exist and so by your own ...[text shortened]... can prove God exists then there's no point in faith, which undermines the point of the religion.
    Well, I appreciate that, but I was trying to eliminate the discussion of god and religion from the Science Forum if possible, because the moderators don't like that.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 07:49
    ... because the moderators don't like that.
    ...with a reason.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ...with a reason.
    They don't need a reason.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 04:42
    They don't need a reason.
    For you, they don't need a reason. You've stepped over the line too many times. You seem not to understand.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 06:571 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok kidz, the gigs over, out ya go! 😀
    Typical Neanderthal reaction.

PS all us whitish Westerners are 2 - 3 % Neanderthal.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Typical Neanderthal reaction.

PS all us whitish Westerners are 2 - 3 % Neanderthal.
    Just popped in to see what my Alchemist friends were up to and I find this written on the wall. As much as it loathes me to say it, Jonah Hinds is correct on this, so called Neanderthals were human and the interbreeding argument is therefore quite fallacious as humans have been known to breed with other humans, dont yah know! Now if Humy manages to change lead into gold, that would be something.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 08:52
    Just popped in to see what my Alchemist friends were up to and I find this written on the wall. Hinds is correct on this, so called Neanderthals were human.
    Don't tell so he notice. He just insults you too, exactly as he unsulted me.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 08:54
    Don't tell so he notice. He just insults you too, exactly as he unsulted me.
    Yes but he doesn't mean it, its his way of communicating.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 09:15
    Yes but he doesn't mean it, its his way of communicating.
    That's why he hasn't any friends.

It doesn't matter if it is his style or not. It is so enervating having these insults all the time. I don't think he likes my insults either, but I stop when he stops, when he become social.

Because, robbie, you don't approve of insults either, I hope...?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 09:20
    That's why he hasn't any friends.

It doesn't matter if it is his style or not. It is so enervating having these insults all the time. I don't think he likes my insults either, but I stop when he stops, when he become social.

Because, robbie, you don't approve of insults either, I hope...?
    There is a line Fabian between goading and becoming personal, I dont mind insults as long as they are not personal insults. With Hinds one simply has to acknowledge that sometimes no amount of reasoning will penetrate.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 09:39
    There is a line Fabian between goading and becoming personal, I dont mind insults as long as they are not personal insults. With Hinds one simply has to acknowledge that sometimes no amount of reasoning will penetrate.
    When he whines about being insulted and he still insults other in a very personal way, then he shows being either having a child's mind, or having Alzheimer progressing.
  15. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 09:48
    ...it is clear that some things in nature appear designed...
    Not to insult, but you appear intellectually challenged. Knowing that, do you still think that because things appear a certain way, that therefore they necessarily are? Or do you have any other reason to think that life is designed by an intelligence?

Of course, if indeed you are lacking intellectual prowess, I most sincerely apologise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree