1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 00:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have several engineering projects going on at once, right now at the end stage of a large ultrasonic cleaner drain project, flip a switch and a valve opens and a pump comes on, I got that to work but there seems to be a leak in one of the valves or something. I designed it and built it, so I get to make it work๐Ÿ™‚ funny how that works out!

Another proje ...[text shortened]... usly for a year getting it in shape to do industrial sputtering. That was a job, I can tell you!
    Damn!!!! It may be some time before you get back to the citric juice. It is good that you get to make it work. Someone else may screw it up and blame the designer.๐Ÿ™‚
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 10:54
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Damn!!!! It may be some time before you get back to the citric juice. It is good that you get to make it work. Someone else may screw it up and blame the designer.๐Ÿ™‚
    Hehe, this drain thing is really screwy. I find this leak that leaks out about 1/2 gallon of water through the ultrasonic tank (there is a 10 gallon ultrasonic bath tank and a 10 gallon rinse tank) but the leak is only from the ultrasonic tank and I can't spot it. I have a little paper drip detector under the suspected valves and fittings but nothing has shown up after a couple of hours but yet the next morning there is about 1/2 gallon or so missing from the US tank.) Driving me nuts. Oh well, keeps me off the streets, eh.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 18:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hehe, this drain thing is really screwy. I find this leak that leaks out about 1/2 gallon of water through the ultrasonic tank (there is a 10 gallon ultrasonic bath tank and a 10 gallon rinse tank) but the leak is only from the ultrasonic tank and I can't spot it. I have a little paper drip detector under the suspected valves and fittings but nothing has sh ...[text shortened]... gallon or so missing from the US tank.) Driving me nuts. Oh well, keeps me off the streets, eh.
    Can the ultrasonic frequency you are using causing evaporation at an elevated rate?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 23:301 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Can the ultrasonic frequency you are using causing evaporation at an elevated rate?
    I certainly does cause evaporation, in fact we use thermocouple gauges to measure the temperature of the water which goes up by 50 + degrees F after 10 minutes or so of US activity. In this case however, the US was not activated, they are planning to use it in a production atmosphere soon which was why I had to come up with a drain system that allows refills with fresh DI water. After a few minutes of US, DI water is no longer DI but just plain dirty water๐Ÿ™‚ I can't catch the dam thing in the act of leaking just yet.

So my latest project is to populate a board they call a 'scramble' board. I have to solder in these two and three pin connectors that uses patch plugs just like they used to have on the old IDE drives, you know, master, slave, cable, that tiny jumper. Only thing is I have 800 of the buggers to solder in place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree