http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap130508.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '13 21:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
    That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
    Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    Your young men shall see visions,
    Your old men shall dream dreams.
    And on My menservants and on My maidservants
    I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
    And they shall prophesy.

I will show wonders in heaven above
    And signs in the earth beneath:
    Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
    The sun shall be turned into darkness,
    And the moon into blood,
    Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
    And it shall come to pass
    That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
    Shall be saved.’

Acts 2:14-21 NKJV)

“And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
    Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
    The sun shall be turned into darkness,
    And the moon into blood,
    Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
    And it shall come to pass
    That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
    Shall be saved.
    For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
    As the Lord has said,
    Among the remnant whom the Lord calls."

(Joel 2:30-32 NKJV)

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 May '13 22:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says G ...[text shortened]... as said,
    Among the remnant whom the Lord calls."

(Joel 2:30-32 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    As I thought, you haven't got a clue about the picture in that link have you? How sad that you can never truly appreciate the wonders of this universe because you refuse to see most of it.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '13 00:52
    Originally posted by Kepler
    As I thought, you haven't got a clue about the picture in that link have you? How sad that you can never truly appreciate the wonders of this universe because you refuse to see most of it.
    What clue do you have about the picture, quack, quack?

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '13 00:53
    What clue do you have about the picture, quack, quack?

The Instructor
    Did you perhaps actually read what it was about?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '13 04:25
    Did you perhaps actually read what it was about?
    Yes, I read it, but I believe only part of what it says. That is why I quoted the verse that says,

"I will show wonders in heaven above
    And signs in the earth beneath:
    Blood and fire and vapor of smoke."

They saw evidence of a wonder of God in the heaven above, which they described as a tremendous explosion from a nearby Universe about 5 billion light years away that was extremely bright from the gamma ray burst.

For one thing, there is no nearby universe. What they saw was still in this one universe.

The Instructor
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '13 04:46
    .....which they described as a tremendous explosion from a nearby Universe .......

For one thing, there is no nearby universe. What they saw was still in this one universe.
    Actually they said 'the nearby universe' which does mean 'this universe'.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '13 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually they said 'the nearby universe' which does mean 'this universe'.
    They may have meant this universe, but they said a nearby universe, which does not mean this universe. Perhaps you should study the English language.

The Instuctor
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '13 06:12
    They may have meant this universe, but they said a nearby universe, which does not mean this universe. Perhaps you should study the English language.

The Instuctor
    No, they did not say 'a nearby universe'. Perhaps you should go back and check your facts before trying to be insulting.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 May '13 07:42
    seriously? a thread aimed specifically at him? you are encouraging him? on the science forum?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '13 10:201 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, they did not say 'a nearby universe'. Perhaps you should go back and check your facts before trying to be insulting.
    Okay, I did. Here is the quote:

"A tremendous explosion has occurred in the nearby universe and major telescopes across Earth and space are investigating."

So they say "the nearby universe" which still means that it is not this universe, or else they should have said "this" universe, numbnuts.

The Instructor
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '13 11:381 edit
    So they say "the nearby universe" which still means that it is not this universe, or else they should have said "this" universe, numbnuts.

The Instructor
    Perhaps you should study the English language. 🙂
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '13 12:01
    Okay, I did. Here is the quote:

[b]"A tremendous explosion has occurred in the nearby universe and major telescopes across Earth and space are investigating."

The Instructor[/b]
    For you to read 'the nearby universe' and think, that must refer to another whole universe outside out universe, is such a stretch you must be about 10 feet tall by now. What part of NEARBY don't you understand? Why do you even THINK we could be seeing ANOTHER universe when in fact EVERYTHING we see with telescopes are in this universe, some nearby and some so far away it took light 13 billion years just to get here. There is no OTHER universe that we can see. There may well be other universes but at this stage of the game with our primitive technolgy, the only one we see is the one we live in, one hell of a large universe.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '13 15:32
    For you to read 'the nearby universe' and think, that must refer to another whole universe outside out universe, is such a stretch you must be about 10 feet tall by now. What part of NEARBY don't you understand? Why do you even THINK we could be seeing ANOTHER universe when in fact EVERYTHING we see with telescopes are in this universe, some nearby and some ...[text shortened]... primitive technolgy, the only one we see is the one we live in, one hell of a large universe.
    Some evil-lutionists have been speculating on these multi-universes for a good while now. Don't you keep of with this nonsense. I was just pointing out that there is no nearby universe like these people are trying to indoctrinate you to believe.

The Instructor
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '13 19:141 edit
    Some evil-lutionists have been speculating on these multi-universes for a good while now. Don't you keep of with this nonsense. I was just pointing out that there is no nearby universe like these people are trying to indoctrinate you to believe.

The Instructor
    Actually, I quite believe there are other whole universes outside ours, it explains a lot about how our universe works.

What I read into you is you HATE people using their supposedly god given intelligence to figure out how it all happened. You DESPERATELY want things to go back to the way they were before the cat was out of the bag scientifically and we started figuring it out for real, not what your fairy tales read. You would destroy more than just evolution, you would destroy ALL science, you are in fact, a LUDDITE. That would please you more than any other of your limited accomplishments in your limited life.

Sorry to disappoint you, that ain't gonna happen, not now and not in a thousand years. Science WILL advance in spite of your obfuscation and purile obstructions. You have a very small mind, a self cauterization of your thinking ability and want it no other way.

Here in Pennsylvania Dutch country, they have a saying, "I'm Pennsylvania Dutch, Dumb and PROUD OF IT" and they are serious. Just like you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree