1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '13 04:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, I quite believe there are other whole universes outside ours, it explains a lot about how our universe works.

What I read into you is you HATE people using their supposedly god given intelligence to figure out how it all happened. You DESPERATELY want things to go back to the way they were before the cat was out of the bag scientifically and w ...[text shortened]... saying, "I'm Pennsylvania Dutch, Dumb and PROUD OF IT" and they are serious. Just like you.
    I'm a redneck christian and proud of it. However, I am not against scientific advancement, only scientific devil-lution.

The Instructor
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '13 06:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I'm a redneck christian and proud of it. However, I am not against scientific advancement, only scientific devil-lution.

The Instructor
    Wrong. Sooner or later ALL science will converge on subjects like evolution, showing just how real it all is. Then you will have no choice but to put down science as a whole. Hey, you are almost there now, why wait for the june rush?

You would much rather be in the position of inquisitor anyway. You are not the instructor, you want to pass your pathetic self off as a judge.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '13 08:04
    Wrong. Sooner or later ALL science will converge on subjects like evolution, showing just how real it all is. Then you will have no choice but to put down science as a whole. Hey, you are almost there now, why wait for the june rush?

You would much rather be in the position of inquisitor anyway. You are not the instructor, you want to pass your pathetic self off as a judge.
    I am working on my degree for I may have to judge the angels in Heaven.

The instructor
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '13 15:47
    I am working on my degree for I may have to judge the angels in Heaven.

The instructor
    Your real self is coming out now. Not a pleasant one either. More like a throwback to the time when you get killed for daring to speak out against the bible or your fatuous so-called god.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 May '13 06:35
    I think this is very cool 🙂 These Gamma Ray burst are the most energetic events so far seen out there. I think it is also cool how fast they can get a fix on these events. I've read it could be caused by Two black holes colliding or Quasars but they do not know for sure. 😉 Does not really change my personal cosmology

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 May '13 06:37
    I think it would be cool to see a supernova go off close enough for us to see from earth. Apparent ones in the past were visible even in daylight. This comet coming at the end of the year should be a sight if it does not break up or fizzle

Manny
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 14:07
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think it would be cool to see a supernova go off close enough for us to see from earth. Apparent ones in the past were visible even in daylight. This comet coming at the end of the year should be a sight if it does not break up or fizzle

Manny
    If we actually saw a supernova go off it would be the end of civilization because the blast of radiation would strip all the protective layers from the atmosphere and leave us open to UV light from the sun, we would soon be on a planet like Mars.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    19 May '13 14:51
    If we actually saw a supernova go off it would be the end of civilization because the blast of radiation would strip all the protective layers from the atmosphere and leave us open to UV light from the sun, we would soon be on a planet like Mars.
    Not really, if it's far enough there's nothing for us to worry about.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 May '13 16:12
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_1006

this is one of the SN's I was referring to but yes LOL not too close no argument there 🙂

Manny
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 16:21
    Originally posted by menace71
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_1006

this is one of the SN's I was referring to but yes LOL not too close no argument there 🙂

Manny
    1000 light years would be almost too close. Don't forget, those suckers put out as much energy as the entire galaxy they reside in! You don't want to be ANYWHERE close to that!
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 May '13 03:33
    Actually, I quite believe there are other whole universes outside ours, it explains a lot about how our universe works.

What I read into you is you HATE people using their supposedly god given intelligence to figure out how it all happened. You DESPERATELY want things to go back to the way they were before the cat was out of the bag scientifically and w ...[text shortened]... saying, "I'm Pennsylvania Dutch, Dumb and PROUD OF IT" and they are serious. Just like you.
    I grew up on the edges of PA Dutch country (central PA)! I have thought before (from a nondualistic philosophical point of view) that when we refer to "multiple universes", we should perhaps speak of [a] "manifold universe(s)". If there is information passed between the U's, then ultimately we still ought to speak of a networked whole (the universe); without that, then there is no connection, and whether or not other U's exist would be both speculative and irrelevant (to this U).
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '13 11:03
    Originally posted by vistesd
    I grew up on the edges of PA Dutch country (central PA)! I have thought before (from a nondualistic philosophical point of view) that when we refer to "multiple universes", we should perhaps speak of [a] "manifold universe(s)". If there is information passed between the U's, then ultimately we still ought to speak of a networked whole (the universe); ...[text shortened]... , and whether or not other U's exist would be both speculative and irrelevant (to this U).
    I live in the southern range of the Pocono's, where do you live now? If the multiverse idea is true, the connection does not have to be direct, it could be just like a bunch of bubbles "next" to each other, each bubble being an entire universe more or less like ours. The connection then could be in the word "Next", in that they may reside in different dimensions so we would have to look at higher dimensions that would hide all the other universes from us.
    String theory posits extra dimensions curled up so small they are totally out of sight of us and there are experiments coming on line that may be able to tell us if that is so. So our 4 dimensional spacetime universe might just be one bubble of many but the others are in say, a 5th dimensional relation to us where they would be right in front of our noses so to speak, but hidden nonetheless.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:39
    I live in the southern range of the Pocono's, where do you live now? If the multiverse idea is true, the connection does not have to be direct, it could be just like a bunch of bubbles "next" to each other, each bubble being an entire universe more or less like ours. The connection then could be in the word "Next", in that they may reside in different dimen ...[text shortened]... to us where they would be right in front of our noses so to speak, but hidden nonetheless.
    We have enough to content with in this one universe. Multiverses are just a distraction and deception of Satan the devil. So don't pay attention to it.

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 13:51
    We have enough to content with in this one universe. Multiverses are just a distraction and deception of Satan the devil. So don't pay attention to it.

The Instructor
    You got any evidence for this Satan character? The local pub had a cat called Satan but i don't that's the one you mean.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 14:08
    Originally posted by Kepler
    You got any evidence for this Satan character? The local pub had a cat called Satan but i don't that's the one you mean.
    It was received by special revelation, numbnuts. Another failing grade for you.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree