1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why? i have not made any cannonballs, loaded any canon balls into cannons or given the order to fire any cannon balls.
    But you have the same kind of delusional mind to do so.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:43
    Originally posted by humy
    hardly, a christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus, by definition, the Nazis were about as far removed from the teachings of Jesus as one could get!

That is your opinion. They had a different opinion and where religious and just as Christian as any other Christian.
    and my illustrious friend that is just your opinion, I at least proffered a definition of what a christian is! one who follows the teachings of Jesus!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:45
    But you have the same kind of delusional mind to do so.
    How can that be true, i oppose violence on every level.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:451 edit
    and my illustrious friend that is just your opinion, I at least proffered a definition of what a christian is! one who follows the teachings of Jesus!
    They believed they were following the teachings of Jesus, exactly like you do now.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:46
    They believed they were following the teachings of Jesus, exactly like you do now.
    which teachings were those Humy?
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:473 edits
    How can that be true, i oppose violence on every level.
    But, with such a delusional mind, you are just one tiny step away from supporting violence on every level for you merely would need a religious belief to do so. I, on the other hand, would require one hell of a lot more to do that for I have no delusions nor religious belief.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:492 edits
    But, with such a delusional mind, you are just one tiny step away from supporting violence on every level.
    but i am a child of flower power and have a genetic predisposition towards anti violence, a peace gene!

Also my religious beliefs prevent me from engaging in violence (please look up the national Holocaust museum for those Jehovahs witnesses who were incarcerated in concentration camps rather than engage in war)
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:511 edit
    but i am a child of flower power and have a genetic predisposition towards anti violence, a peace gene!
    genetic predispositions for peace can be overridden by the right kind of delusions or brainwashing. I can only guess that even the Christian Nazis probably, like most people, had a genetic predispositions for peace, but got around that just fine with their delusions.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:531 edit
    genetic predispositions for peace can be overridden by the right kind of delusions or brainwashing.
    but i have a two fold system, one genetic the other religious, i cannot engage in war even at the cost of my own life. My religion does not permit it.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 12:561 edit
    but i have a two fold system, one genetic the other religious, i cannot engage in war even at the cost of my own life. My religion does not permit it.
    but i have a two fold system, one genetic the other religious,

No, that is just one system. The other, religion, can just as easily make you go to war. 9/11
    You say your religion does not permit it; but that, if true, is just dangerously coincidental! what if it DID permit it?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:001 edit
    but i have a two fold system, one genetic the other religious,

No, that is just one system. The other, religion, can just as easily make you go to war. 9/11
    Yes i agree that it can in some cases because the teaching is designed to suppress the natural exercise of the faculty of conscience. This is my theory as to why atrocities are committed. One the other hand my system cannot because its designed to make the conscience more sensitive to suffering, not to suppress it.
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:011 edit
    which teachings were those Humy?
    They believed it was Christ's. This just shows how dangerous the religious way of thinking is i.e. not basing beliefs on logic or evidence but religion and whatever you want to be true.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:06
    They believed it was Christ's. This just shows how dangerous the religious way of thinking is i.e. not basing beliefs on logic or evidence but religion and whatever you want to be true.
    until you can provide even a semblance of what those teachings actually were Master Humy your assertion remains unsubstantiated and will be relegated to the status of mere unsubstantiated opinion.
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:149 edits
    Yes i agree that it can in some cases because the teaching is designed to suppress the natural exercise of the faculty of conscience. This is my theory as to why atrocities are committed. One the other hand my system cannot because its designed to make the conscience more sensitive to suffering, not to suppress it.
    One the other hand my system cannot because its designed to make the conscience more sensitive to suffering, not to suppress it.

Your system consists of convincing yourself of whatever you want to be true rather than base beliefs on what logic or the evidence says is true. If your system makes your conscience more sensitive to suffering, it is because you want it to. What if you wanted your system to suppress your conscience against suffering? Or what if one day in the future you had a change of heart and wanted this? Then you can easily do so because all you need is the desire to do so and, Hey presto! Your system can make anyone believe anything he wants to believe without restrictions and that is what makes it dangerous!

If, on the other hand, you base your beliefs on logic and evidence alone, this would be a lot harder! This is because you cannot then just make up any belief at will to support whatever belief you want to believe in support of suppressing the conscience because you would have to base it on logic and evidence alone and not what you want to be true and that puts a massive constraint on what you can convince yourself for it would have to be restricted to just the facts! Trust me as a man who knows this from personal experience, that makes it extremely difficult if not completely impossible!

This is why I am so against ALL religions; the religious way of thinking is just one tiny step away from committing atrocities. A religion that says don't commit atrocities nevertheless supports exactly the same kind of thinking that naturally leads to atrocities and thus still should be opposed.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:312 edits
    One the other hand my system cannot because its designed to make the conscience more sensitive to suffering, not to suppress it.

Your system consists of convincing yourself of whatever you want to be true rather than base beliefs on what logic or the evidence says is true. If your system makes your conscience more sensitive to suffering, ...[text shortened]... s this from personal experience, that makes it extremely difficult if not completely impossible!
    Please Humy you are falling into fiction, I have not made up any of my beliefs, i did not author the pages of the Bible, you must be out of your brilliant mind!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree