1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Please Humy you are falling into fiction, I have not made up any of my beliefs, i did not author the pages of the Bible, you must be out of your brilliant mind!
    I have not made up any of my beliefs, i did not author the pages of the Bible,

You have made up at least one belief; the belief that the Bible is right. This is based on what you want to be true, not on logic. some other people also have and had your belief, but it is still made up because they made it up also.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:44
    Originally posted by humy
    I have not made up any of my beliefs, i did not author the pages of the Bible,

You have made up at least one belief; the belief that the Bible is right. This is based on what you want to be true, not on logic. some other people also have and had your belief, but it is still made up because they made it up also.
    On the contrary i have examined its pages and come to the conclusion that it contains wisdom and some sublime ethical teaching. These i did not author.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:481 edit
    On the contrary i have examined its pages and come to the conclusion that it contains wisdom and some sublime ethical teaching. These i did not author.
    I didn't say you authored the bible. I said you ( irrationally ) made up a belief that the bible is right.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 13:531 edit
    I didn't say you authored the bible. I said you ( irrationally ) made up a belief that the bible is right.
    I did not make it up, its a large collection of books, if you think that I fabricated that its 'right', then so be it, but to my knowledge I have not stated that I think that its right, I have merely stated that it contains some wisdom and some ethics. I see you have a propensity for engineering fiction, how ironic, all things considering.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 14:18
    Many books contain that much. You don't need the inspiration of some kind of god to make pithy sayings, mankind is quite creative enough for that.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Many books contain that much. You don't need the inspiration of some kind of god to make pithy sayings, mankind is quite creative enough for that.
    really? many books contain wisdom and sublime ethics, then perhaps you can name them!
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 16:224 edits
    I did not make it up, its a large collection of books, if you think that I fabricated that its 'right', then so be it, but to my knowledge I have not stated that I think that its right, I have merely stated that it contains some wisdom and some ethics. I see you have a propensity for engineering fiction, how ironic, all things considering.
    I did not make it up, its a large collection of books, if you think that I fabricated that its 'right',

I didn't say you fabricated the existence of a “ large collection of books” (don't know where you got that from ) nor that you authored them (still don't know where you got that from either ) but rather I am saying that you, irrationally, made up the belief in your mind that the Bible is right i.e. all the claims asserted in it are true and not false ( because you want everything it says to be the truth )

I have merely stated that it contains some wisdom and some ethics

that wouldn't mean all its claims are true such as there exists a god etc and you do believe everything it claims must be true, right? That is your religious belief, right?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 17:55
    I did not make it up, its a large collection of books, if you think that I fabricated that its 'right',

I didn't say you fabricated the existence of a “ large collection of books” (don't know where you got that from ) nor that you authored them (still don't know where you got that from either ) but rather I am saying that you, irrationally, ...[text shortened]... d you do believe everything it claims must be true, right? That is your religious belief, right?
    This forum is to discuss and debate science not religion.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 20:162 edits

I didn't say you fabricated the existence of a “ large collection of books” (don't know where you got that from ) nor that you authored them (still don't know where you got that from either ) but rather I am saying that you, irrationally, ...[text shortened]... d you do believe everything it claims must be true, right? That is your religious belief, right?
    I never said you did Humy, what I actually said was that you fabricated that I claim that its right, a truth claim that I have not made. Now I dont mind it when we have some fun, jesting is in my nature, but i draw the line at pure unadulterated hyper intensive industrial straw!

Whether i have made it up in my mind, spray painted it on a subway wall or hired a drugged balloonist to write it in the sky its not what I have claimed Humy and I would much prefer you stick to the facts for you are giving science a bad name!
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 20:214 edits
    I never said you did Humy, what I actually said was that you fabricated that I claim that its right, a truth claim that I have not made. Now I dont mind it when we have some fun, jesting is in my nature, but i draw the line at pure unadulterated hyper intensive industrial straw!

Whether i have made it up in my mind, spray painted it on a subway ...[text shortened]... aimed Humy and I would much prefer you stick to the facts for you are giving science a bad name!
    what I actually said was that you fabricated that I claim that its right,

I didn't claim you SAID the bible is right (don't know where you got that from ) . I implied you most probably BELIEVE it is right. You can believe something without explicitly saying you believe it.
    So, do you believe the Bible is right? Do you believe everything the bible says is the truth including all the its claims? If so, what is that belief that the bible says only the truth is based on?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 20:271 edit
    what I actually said was that you fabricated that I claim that its right,

As you know, I didn't claim you SAID the bible is right, I implied you most probably BELIEVE it is right. You can believe something without explicitly saying you believe it.
    So, do you believe the Bible is right? Do you believe everything the bible says is the truth? If so, what is that belief based on?
    probably believe? I see, so you have a mind ray hidden far in the hills and can read my thoughts, I see, how intwesting! I am making no truth claims at present Humy my friend! none at all! this is the science forum, here you are interested in what is plausible, not what is true!
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 20:301 edit
    probably believe? I see, so you have a mind ray hidden far in the hills and can read my thoughts, I see, how intwesting! I am making no truth claims at present Humy my friend! none at all! this is the science forum, here you are interested in what is plausible, not what is true!
    I am making no truth claims at present Humy my friend!

Right, I already got that and didn't say you did make such claims.
    Back to the question;

do you believe the claims in the Bible are all correct?

Or are you refusing to answer the question because of what you know the answer will expose?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 20:374 edits
    I am making no truth claims at present Humy my friend!

Right, I already got that and didn't say you did make such claims.
    Back to the question;

do you believe the claims in the Bible are all correct?

Or are you refusing to answer the question because of what you know the answer will expose?
    On the contrary Humy you have insinuated that i 'think', they are true without ascertaining what i actually do think, which amounts to naught but an assumption perhaps even prejudice, anyhow, what claims are you referring to Humy? I am afraid of nothing except borgs and daleks!
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 05:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This forum is to discuss and debate science not religion.
    When did you begin to care?
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 07:551 edit
    On the contrary Humy you have insinuated that i 'think', they are true without ascertaining what i actually do think, which amounts to naught but an assumption perhaps even prejudice, anyhow, what claims are you referring to Humy? I am afraid of nothing except borgs and daleks!
    So you refuse to answer the question. We all know why; it would expose your belief to be idiotically irrational for it has no bases.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree