1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 15:57
    YouTube

Academics have joined with the government in the campaign to convince the gullible public that chemtrail/geoengineering is a good thing.

Apparently they found yet another use for chemtrails: camouflage!
    Weird that out of all the days that area would get enough to cloud out the ground view, they sent planes over that patch of ground on that particular day...
    And none since.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 16:34
    Take it to debates or spirituality.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 17:20
    The Science forum is not the appropriate place for conspiracy theories.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 17:2311 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH

... campaign to convince the gullible public that chemtrail/geoengineering is a good thing.
    the man-made accidental warming of the earth's climate is a bad thing so why would deliberate man-made cooling of the earth's climate to counter that (which is a type of 'geoengineering' by definition, in case you didn't understand what that word meant ) be necessarily a bad thing? It just depends on exactly how it is done and what that chosen method means for its costs & risks versus likely benefits. So it isn't the case here of "gullible public" but rather you making no sense.

If this is just a conspiracy theory, take it to Debates.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 19:19
    Originally posted by humy
    the man-made accidental warming of the earth's climate is a bad thing so why would deliberate man-made cooling of the earth's climate to counter that (which is a type of 'geoengineering' by definition, in case you didn't understand what that word meant ) be necessarily a bad thing? It just depends on exactly how it is done and what that chosen method means for ...[text shortened]... lic" but rather you making no sense.

Is there a conspiracy?
    Do you think it's unusual to see an area never see that type of spraying experience that amount of cover on one particular day?

I do.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 20:23
    Originally posted by humy
    the man-made accidental warming of the earth's climate is a bad thing so why would deliberate man-made cooling of the earth's climate to counter that (which is a type of 'geoengineering' by definition, in case you didn't understand what that word meant ) be necessarily a bad thing? It just depends on exactly how it is done and what that chosen method means for ...[text shortened]... lic" but rather you making no sense.

My understanding of geoengineering is pretty solid.
    Since I'm the one who brought it up and have used it correctly in context, not sure why you would consider it necessary if I understood the term.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 07:17
    Is there a conspiracy?
    Do you think it's unusual to see an area never see that type of spraying experience that amount of cover on one particular day?

I do.
    So nothing to do with science.

Take it else where.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 10:461 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So nothing to do with science.

Take it else where.
    It's not surprising to have you insist geoengineering and chemtrails have nothing to do with science: you're the same dork who insists he sees impossible reflections, or fails to see what is plain as day otherwise.
    If you don't wish to discuss it...
    don't.
    Otherwise, keep your pointless complaints to yourself.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 11:24
    Academics have joined with the government in the campaign to convince the gullible public that chemtrail/geoengineering is a good thing.

Apparently they found yet another use for chemtrails: camouflage!
    Weird that out of all the days that area would get enough to cloud out the ground view, they sent planes over that patch of ground on that particular day...
    And none since.
    I've studied your clip, very thoroughly, many times, very detailed and found...

...that I liked the music very much!
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 12:402 edits
    It's not surprising to have you insist geoengineering and chemtrails have nothing to do with science: .
    he said nothing of the sort. You were taking about conspiracy theory, not science. You said "...campaign to convince the gullible public that chemtrail/geoengineering is a good thing"; this is clearly just a conspiracy theory. If you want to talk here about the possible science of geoengineering and chemtrails, please do as that would be a perfectly legitimate science topic. But if not and you want to only talk about your conspiracy theory; this doesn't belong here.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 12:43
    It's not surprising to have you insist geoengineering and chemtrails have nothing to do with science
    You have no interest in discussing geoengineering, and when I looked up 'chemtrails', Wikipedia says its a conspiracy theory.

So, what about the science of either do you wish to discuss?

If you wish to discuss the evidence for people doing geoengineering, or spreading chemical agents, that is NOT science. Take it somewhere else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 12:516 edits
    and when I looked up 'chemtrails', Wikipedia says its a conspiracy theory.
    oh yes, I also noticed that. But note that it is possible to validly talk about chemtrails outside the context of any conspiracy theory.and as part of a serious proposal to use them to cool global climate by injecting huge amounts of sulfur dioxide into the upper atmosphere (whether this is a practical cost effective and sensible way to cool climate is an entirely different matter; don't know but think it might not be. One flaw of this proposal is that its effects would tend to be rather short term. Another flaw is that it would require burning a lot of jet fuel that would add yet more CO2 into the atmosphere. Perhaps painting the roofs of houses to slightly increase the overall albedo of the Earth's surface would be a better idea? ).
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 13:44
    You have no interest in discussing geoengineering, and when I looked up 'chemtrails', Wikipedia says its a conspiracy theory.

So, what about the science of either do you wish to discuss?

If you wish to discuss the evidence for people doing geoengineering, or spreading chemical agents, that is NOT science. Take it somewhere else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory
    If I want to discuss the phenomenon why some people of today, and especially in USA, has such a strong inclination to believe in various conspiracies, like chemtrails presented in this thread, and the psychology that lies behind - is this forum a place for this kind of discussion?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 16:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If I want to discuss the phenomenon why some people of today, and especially in USA, has such a strong inclination to believe in various conspiracies, like chemtrails presented in this thread, and the psychology that lies behind - is this forum a place for this kind of discussion?
    I don't know how profitable a discussion on conspiracy theories would be, actually, since the origin of the phrase only dates back to the 1960's and its originator wasn't a medical group or any other scientific organization whose notes and data could be analyzed independently in order to verify the veracity of the designation... or application.

When the CIA coined the phrase, it was with the express purpose of discrediting any idea, individual or group which challenged or questioned the 'official story' or any other government operative narrative.

They needed something subjective but weighted with enough latent negative connotation which would render the conversation over prior to discussing merit of any kind.

As long as people have gathered in groups, there has been speculation as to motivations and actions emanating from authorities.
    In an open, democratically elected government, transparency has been more in demand, thus the need for even more covert undertakings by those who do not want their actions to be made public.
    This isn't always a bad thing, but, increasingly, as people have demanded more accountability from authority, covert activities have required more and more subterfuge.

A casual student of history can confirm countless conspiracies throughout man's recorded time wherein a small group of people conspired for nefarious purposes against other groups (typically larger) or individuals, using covert actions.
    Coming up with the term "conspiracy theory" has become (at least temporarily) the Get Out of Jail FREE card for those wishing to hide in the shadows.

A more advantageous study would be the reality of conspiracies in light of current and former authorities' insistence nothing untoward was occurring.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '17 18:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That is the social sciences. Still science, but possibly best discussed in debates or spirituality. But I wouldn't say you can't discuss it here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree