1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '13 04:52
    Originally posted by menace71
    The argument is how the H E double Hockey Sticks did they make precision cuts in the stone with primitive tools and drill holes ? Also to cut a 35 ton stone from a quarry then to move it like 25km then to get the stone up over 100 ft high then place it perfectly.....Modern times ok fine but 25 to 3500 years ago ?

Manny
    I have already given an example of a 1500 ton stone moved with nothing but man power.
    The Wikipedia page I quoted earlier also lists various experiments to move large stones with primitive methods:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_monoliths_in_the_world#List_of_efforts_to_move_and_install_stones
    Many of these efforts were successful.

It actually doesn't require modern methods to do this sort of thing, it only requires man power.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 May '13 05:22
    http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_gpipes.htm

this guy does some figuring and has good theories

Manny
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '13 06:54
    http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_gpipes.htm

this guy does some figuring and has good theories

Manny
    I don't see the actual theories, instead it seems to be trying to sell a book.
    He also tries to make the case that men cannot drag a stone because it is too hard, or something along those lines. This is blatantly false as dragging stones over large distances has been done numerous times in recorded history as I pointed out earlier. All you need is lots of people and enough time.
  4. Joined
    29 Oct '08
    Moves
    16 May '13 06:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is not easy to find an article that contains just those things I wish to instruct on. There seems to always be additional information and error mixed with the truth. People like you are going to ignore the truth and only see the error and side issues.

The Instructor
    Actually, I try to get to the truth (though being a fallible human it is often not clear).

I take it you believe in the *literal* truth of the bible then? I personally take Genesis as a parable of how, as the precursors of man evolved and became intelligent (bit of the fruit of the tree of knowledge), he then knew the difference between right and wrong - i.e. developed a moral code and ethics. Non-human animals, in general, don't know that difference (though I suspect people could point me to evidence that higher primates show some evidence of it).

If you do believe in the *literal* truth of the bible, why do you think so?
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 May '13 07:13
    The argument is how the H E double Hockey Sticks did they make precision cuts in the stone with primitive tools and drill holes ? Also to cut a 35 ton stone from a quarry then to move it like 25km then to get the stone up over 100 ft high then place it perfectly.....Modern times ok fine but 25 to 3500 years ago ?

Manny
    The "precision cuts" aren't so precise when you look at the holes in the quarry that they came out of. The precision comes when fitting the stone to other stones and that can be done by cutting roughly to shape and then polishing with an abrasive. Sand is a very effective abrasive because it is largely quartz, a very hard material. The only other thing required is energy provided by human muscles. No gods, demons, angels, force-using Jedi or other supernatural beings need be invoked.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 May '13 07:36
    Originally posted by Kepler
    The "precision cuts" aren't so precise when you look at the holes in the quarry that they came out of. The precision comes when fitting the stone to other stones and that can be done by cutting roughly to shape and then polishing with an abrasive. Sand is a very effective abrasive because it is largely quartz, a very hard material. The only other thing requir ...[text shortened]... cles. No gods, demons, angels, force-using Jedi or other supernatural beings need be invoked.
    Not even one wee lil' Sith lord? :/
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '13 08:23
    Watch the second half of this:
    YouTube

A man moves stonehenge size blocks all by himself without leavers or pulleys, just gravity.
  8. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 May '13 12:55
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Not even one wee lil' Sith lord? :/
    Maybe one if you must.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '13 04:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't see the actual theories, instead it seems to be trying to sell a book.
    He also tries to make the case that men cannot drag a stone because it is too hard, or something along those lines. This is blatantly false as dragging stones over large distances has been done numerous times in recorded history as I pointed out earlier. All you need is lots of people and enough time.
    Sounds like the evil-lution theory. Enough time fills in the gaps and solves all problems. Ha, what laughable nonsense.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '13 04:402 edits
    Originally posted by slankerful
    Actually, I try to get to the truth (though being a fallible human it is often not clear).

I take it you believe in the *literal* truth of the bible then? I personally take Genesis as a parable of how, as the precursors of man evolved and became intelligent (bit of the fruit of the tree of knowledge), he then knew the difference between right and wrong evidence of it).

If you do believe in the *literal* truth of the bible, why do you think so?
    To me, it just makes sense. It certainly makes more sense than evil-lution.

The instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '13 06:17
    To me, it just makes sense. It certainly makes more sense than evil-lution.

The instructor
    Of course it makes sense to you since you gave up your right to self thought decades ago. You let other people do your thinking for you so you don't have to actually use your own brain. There will be less and less of your self frontal lobed cauterized individuals as time goes by, fortunately.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '13 08:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Of course it makes sense to you since you gave up your right to self thought decades ago. You let other people do your thinking for you so you don't have to actually use your own brain. There will be less and less of your self frontal lobed cauterized individuals as time goes by, fortunately.
    Trying to be a prophet by the inspiration of Satan is not going to work.

The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '13 15:431 edit
    Trying to be a prophet by the inspiration of Satan is not going to work.

The Instructor
    You are going against the wishes of your very lord, who made all things according your bible. He also made men intelligent and women too. So you bitch and moan when men and women have the actual audacity to actually use that intelligence to figure things out on their own. That is a big sin in your eyes, imagine, people actually using their brains and powers of observation and doing such atrocious activities as inventing mathematics and physics. OH THE PAIN OF IT, people actually using their brains, THEY SHOULD BE SHOT.

I'll give you a clue: WE DON'T NEED EITHER YOUR LORD OR YOUR DEVIL. THEY ARE BOTH MADE UP BY MEN TO CONTROL OTHER MEN AND KEEP WOMEN DOWN WHERE THEY BELONG ACCORDING TO YOUR LORD.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree