1. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 00:08
    What am I talking about?

I really hate to be a ''do it for me''-hore (excuse my use of language, non en speaker). I am this now. I don't know what to 'google' for. Need help on this.

I remember that approximate 1 or 2 years ago there was. Some 'fuss' about a italian physics professor (from a university with little money to resarch). At first he was accused for - false research. Then people was not so sure about it anymore. Some physics (physicists?) claimed that his results was not unlikely to be true.

This italian physicist was about to build a large factory to produce energy (given that he got money to do so).

This 'fuss' even reached the Swedish television (nothing in physics normaly does this unless it is a nobel price in physics). I remember seeing a television program, about 20 minutes about it. (Let alone the long internet material wich I skimmed). In this program a very respected swedish physics authority (a person, professor in physics at swedens most respected physics institution). Had been invited to "check" his results in his lab and reported about it.

I don't trust my memory. I remeber seeing on tv that the experiment which made 'fuss' in the physics world. Was this. Hot clean wather. Small iron particles was added to the wather. The italian physics professor added a 'secret' powder to the wather. This caused a exotermal reaction (reaction releasing energy). For 10 min lots of energy was released. Then comes the strange part. After the first release of energy was close to end. Another exotermal reaction started. This exotermal reaction was ongoing for 2 hours. The net effect of the experiment was that 10% 'extra' energy had been produced. (Extra is. The extra part which current physics could not explain).

The swedish professor in physics wich had been in italy to check the experiment. Was interviewed in swedish television. He stated that he (he put in some info as to "I don't really know this"😉 thought it was very likely that this 10% extra energy was produced by some very real physics effect which current physics could not explain.

What am I talking about?
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 01:03
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    [b]What am I talking about?

I really hate to be a ''do it for me''-hore (excuse my use of language, non en speaker). I am this now. I don't know what to 'google' for. Need help on this.

I remember that approximate 1 or 2 years ago there was. Some 'fuss' about a italian physics professor (from a university with little money to resarch). At firs ...[text shortened]... real physics effect which current physics could not explain.

What am I talking about?[/b]
    Some folks call it zero point energy. They claim it doesn't violate the law of thermodynamics in that they are getting energy from the vacuum. Don't know if any of it is true because all the stuff I have seen has been a failure to get over unity.
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 17:41
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Some folks call it zero point energy. They claim it doesn't violate the law of thermodynamics in that they are getting energy from the vacuum. Don't know if any of it is true because all the stuff I have seen has been a failure to get over unity.
    Sounds like a bunch of goddamn nonsense to me.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 18:23
    What am I talking about?
    Without references its a little difficult to comment. However, my general rule is: no Nobel Prize, no magic Physics.
    If the physicist in question was really on to something he would have either patented it and commercialized it, or published a scientific paper on it. He would probably avoid all media attention before doing one of those two things.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 20:34
    What am I talking about?
    Good question.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 20:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Without references its a little difficult to comment. However, my general rule is: no Nobel Prize, no magic Physics.
    If the physicist in question was really on to something he would have either patented it and commercialized it, or published a scientific paper on it. He would probably avoid all media attention before doing one of those two things.
    Surely an "Italian professor" would have published numerous papers.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 02:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well what would happen is that before he could be proven wrong, he would say his family had been threatened by energy companies and he quit working on it. Look up free energy. There is always something like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree