1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 12:30
    Originally posted by CRMC
    Oh so true. that is the nature, of the beast that we have always been.
    So by saying it is our nature, are you saying we cannot change or evolve past this nature?
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 13:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    So by saying it is our nature, are you saying we cannot change or evolve past this nature?
    Indeed I would not presume to say that it would be impossible to change the 'nature' of human nature. Unlikely would be the safest word.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 09:581 edit
    EDIT(forgot to quote him)
    I am of the opinion that the human mind is evolving from generation to generation.

Whether I am correct or not I believe that humans should submit applications and undergo rigorous testing interviews before being allowed to breed.

A caste system should be created with the intellectuals' spawn at the pinnacle governing the spawn of the athletes, workers, etc.

Crossbred fetus' should be aborted so as to ensure the purifying of the two new species which will eventually arise.

not to mention you should kill the retards and forbid people with history oc cancer, diabetes, schizo etc from breeding. the unworthy should be placed in death camps. marriage should be abolished and/or all males except the worthy should be sterilized. the worthy males should be kept in breeding facilities where they should work around the clock to produce the next step in human evolution. children should be raised in government facilities.

and when the perfect human(or something close) is produced, we should start cloning that or those individuals and kill the rest.

and then we will be perfect.

dude, go play with your Mein Kampf book and leave us alone.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 11:021 edit
    Originally posted by CRMC
    Indeed I would not presume to say that it would be impossible to change the 'nature' of human nature. Unlikely would be the safest word.
    Why? Perhaps you say this is because since humanities earliest recollection, we have not changed.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 12:33
    Originally posted by nihilismor
    I am of the opinion that the human mind is evolving from generation to generation.

Whether I am correct or not I believe that humans should submit applications and undergo rigorous testing interviews before being allowed to breed.

A caste system should be created with the intellectuals' spawn at the pinnacle governing the spawn of the athletes, work ...[text shortened]... d be aborted so as to ensure the purifying of the two new species which will eventually arise.
    I really cant see any good reason for creating two speacies. That can really only lead to conflict.

I rather suspect that the current world setup is leading to lower average intelligence, as people of lower inteligence tend to have more children.

The problem with any form of controled breeding is it is very difficult to get a concensus on which attributes are most desirable (hence conflict if there is no concensus), and the natural desire of most people to have children.

I suppose a compromise could be reached where a one child policy (like Chinas) is instituded and then people with exceptional attributes are given the chance to have more.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 12:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I really cant see any good reason for creating two speacies. That can really only lead to conflict.

I rather suspect that the current world setup is leading to lower average intelligence, as people of lower inteligence tend to have more children.

The problem with any form of controled breeding is it is very difficult to get a concensus on which att ...[text shortened]... as) is instituded and then people with exceptional attributes are given the chance to have more.
    A deep question:
    Is intelligence a good quality in evolution?

The answer is the natural: Of course it is.
    But think again...
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 13:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    as people of lower inteligence tend to have more children.
    Is there evidence for this?
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 14:433 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why? Perhaps you say this is because since humanities earliest recollection, we have not changed.
    Perchance I do, call me a pessimist (though I prefer the word 'realist'😉, but I really do not see the many different people of this world living together in a state of communal love and peace, in fact to use what little I know about horse racing terms, I would put it this way -

1 - Too many trees cut down, planet runs out of oxygen (1/2) (odds on favorite)
    2 - Population increases to unsustainable level (Soylent Green) (1/1) (even money favorite)
    3 - Religious wars grow to proportions which engulf even those of us who dont care (4/7) (good chance)
    4 - A gradual global movement towards mutual respect. (15/8) (Outside chance). It would be nice to see this horse come home but mutual respect likes a wet track and we are heading I think for yet more drought.
    5 - Bob Geldoff might eventually bring enough famine relief to Africa and other unfortunate places and the warlords might stop taking their 95% of whatever comes into their countries. (9/2) (Not expected to stay the distance) I still liked him better in THE WALL.
    6 - Every human on the planet might suddenly start listening to what John lennon was saying (no, not the 'we are more popular than Jesus' thing, I mean the 'give peace a chance' thing) (25/1) (long odds)
    7 - Our respective elected represtatives might finally hammer out a resolution (solution?) which brings a lasting peace and harmony to all.
    (99/1) Please, stop laughing, I'm serious. No, ok, you got me, I did just put this one in for a joke.
    8 - Our respective (and respected) religious leaders might get together and find solutions to the problems (for want of a better word) facing each and every one of us. (Scratched) This horse ain't runnin.

Of course there other horses in this race which I have neither mentioned nor discounted, and the race is far from over, so I will do as many others do in these times, I will sit back in my armchair, and while affecting an air of disinterest, with the occasional knowledgeably cynical or even sarcastic comment thrown in, I will watch it all on TV. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree