1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Apr '22 09:14
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-04-magic-mushroom-compound-brain-people.html

It looks like using substances which can travers the blood/brain juncture can have positive therpeutic effects.

Lets see how things will develop.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '22 14:35
    @Ponderable
    Worked for me🙂
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '22 13:28
    @ponderable said
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-04-magic-mushroom-compound-brain-people.html

It looks like using substances which can travers the blood/brain juncture can have positive therpeutic effects.

Lets see how things will develop.
    Anthropology also suggests that occasionally losing one's mind has been a part of humanity for thousands of years. It's good to see science catching up.
  4. Standard memberDoctor Rx
    🤡
    Moves
    13 Apr '22 23:41
    The first problem is some people had tried mushrooms and they were never normal again.

Using them for terminally I'll patients shouldn't be a problem because they are going to die anyway.
    Definitely cheaper than medication because mushrooms are cheap and easy to grow.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '22 16:19
    @Doctor-Rx
    Are you an MD, finished residency?
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 13:14
    @sonhouse
    Heh heh, me too, 'House.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '22 18:50
    @Ponderable
    One takeaway about that is the fact the blood brain 'barrier' can be breached, and I see work done now for such molecules to allow the attack on brain tumors, a dear friend of mine, Ray Scudero, a polymath genius died of brain tumor age 51, he left a repertoire of over 600 songs in Jerusalem and is sorely missed by a lot of folks in Israel.
    That would be something if they could cure brain tumors using blood brain barrier busters with therapeutics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree