To heck with ethics

To heck with ethics

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
15 Feb 15

Possibly all research should be allowed, if it eventually benefits mankind. There needs to be a free and open policy to allow and even fund medical research.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
15 Feb 15

If only, then I could carry out my experiment to test the proposition that it's impossible to hurt a good man. I'd just need some subjects, with references to how virtuous they are, and some pincers and no interfering ethics committees.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Feb 15

Originally posted by woadman
Possibly all research should be allowed, if it eventually benefits mankind. There needs to be a free and open policy to allow and even fund medical research.
Please can we use you as the first guinea pig? I would like to study the effects of Anthrax.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Feb 15

I think it is unknown just exactly what voltage applied to human bodies results in death. I am going to apply for a grant for this study.

h

Moves
15 Feb 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
I think it is unknown just exactly what voltage applied to human bodies results in death. I am going to apply for a grant for this study.
I hope you will pay the human guinea pigs well, especially those that are to have the electrodes applied to their bollocks.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Feb 15
1 edit

Originally posted by humy
I hope you will pay the human guinea pigs well, especially those that are to have the electrodes applied to their bollocks.
No need to pay dead subjects. Besides, even if they survive - to heck with ethics, were not paying!

F

Moves
15 Feb 15

Originally posted by humy
No, to pay a human guinea pig is in fact ethical, it wouldn't be appropriate.

w

Moves
15 Feb 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
So you refer to "Sparky" the electric chair ?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Feb 15
1 edit

No, nothing so crude. I would use a tesla coil that can go from 300 volts to 300 million. But I would have to gang about 100 of them in parallel so I could get enough current. Tesla coils aren't known for power. I would fix THAT however🙂

So would YOU approve my budget request? It would only be about 50 million US dollars max.

Ro

Moves
18 Feb 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
No need to pay dead subjects. Besides, even if they survive - to heck with ethics, were not paying!
And yet you said 'please'.

As my dear old mum said, trampling all over human rights is no reason not to be polite about it.