Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. 15 Feb '15 02:29
    Possibly all research should be allowed, if it eventually benefits mankind. There needs to be a free and open policy to allow and even fund medical research.
  2. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    15 Feb '15 07:23
    If only, then I could carry out my experiment to test the proposition that it's impossible to hurt a good man. I'd just need some subjects, with references to how virtuous they are, and some pincers and no interfering ethics committees.
  3. 15 Feb '15 07:23
    Originally posted by woadman
    Possibly all research should be allowed, if it eventually benefits mankind. There needs to be a free and open policy to allow and even fund medical research.
    Please can we use you as the first guinea pig? I would like to study the effects of Anthrax.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    15 Feb '15 09:01
    I think it is unknown just exactly what voltage applied to human bodies results in death. I am going to apply for a grant for this study.
  5. 15 Feb '15 09:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think it is unknown just exactly what voltage applied to human bodies results in death. I am going to apply for a grant for this study.
    I hope you will pay the human guinea pigs well, especially those that are to have the electrodes applied to their bollocks.
  6. 15 Feb '15 13:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    I hope you will pay the human guinea pigs well, especially those that are to have the electrodes applied to their bollocks.
    No need to pay dead subjects. Besides, even if they survive - to heck with ethics, were not paying!
  7. 15 Feb '15 14:10
    Originally posted by humy
    I hope you will pay the human guinea pigs well, especially those that are to have the electrodes applied to their bollocks.
    No, to pay a human guinea pig is in fact ethical, it wouldn't be appropriate.
  8. 15 Feb '15 14:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think it is unknown just exactly what voltage applied to human bodies results in death. I am going to apply for a grant for this study.
    So you refer to "Sparky" the electric chair ?
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    15 Feb '15 19:01 / 1 edit
    No, nothing so crude. I would use a tesla coil that can go from 300 volts to 300 million. But I would have to gang about 100 of them in parallel so I could get enough current. Tesla coils aren't known for power. I would fix THAT however

    So would YOU approve my budget request? It would only be about 50 million US dollars max.
  10. 18 Feb '15 15:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No need to pay dead subjects. Besides, even if they survive - to heck with ethics, were not paying!
    And yet you said 'please'.

    As my dear old mum said, trampling all over human rights is no reason not to be polite about it.