The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 16:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2013-09-quantum-big.html

Getting closer to the big Kahuna!
    Big Bang or Big Dud? What exploded?

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/11/us/calling-big-bang-a-dud-journal-seeks-new-name.html

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 20:492 edits
    http://phys.org/news/2013-09-quantum-big.html

Getting closer to the big Kahuna!
    How incredibly stupid RJHinds and his posts are! and his stupid video link references and other links references that none of us watch because we know they are full of crap! I suppose he is actually so delusional that he believes we actually watch those links to crap videos and other crap else he wouldn't keep posting such vast amounts of crap! He obviously just doesn't get it!

Anyway, going back on topic:
    It at least sounds to me, judging purely from what I read in your link, they are actually getting close to unifying all the laws of physics!
    If that is really true, that would be spectacular! Just imagine it; just one neat physics equation that describes the whole of physics and the Big Bang!
    I hope this is true. Time will tell.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 22:491 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    How incredibly stupid RJHinds and his posts are! and his stupid video link references and other links references that none of us watch because we know they are full of crap! I suppose he is actually so delusional that he believes we actually watch those links to crap videos and other crap else he wouldn't keep posting such vast amounts of crap! He obviously jus n that describes the whole of physics and the Big Bang!
    I hope this is true. Time will tell.
    And the expansion of the universe and maybe what happened BEFORE the BB!
    I read about the small scale bits of space before, and using those bits they showed that at the most dense inside a black hole, the density never goes to infinity like GR seems to predict.

I hope they come up with verifiable predictions with this work.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 23:531 edit
    I read about the small scale bits of space before, and using those bits they showed that at the most dense inside a black hole, the density never goes to infinity like GR seems to predict.

...at the most dense inside a black hole, the density never goes to infinity like GR seems to predict.

No number value be can found between zero and an infinitely small number, so the number value of infinity (infinitely small) is equal to zero. If a singularity is infinitely small (or infinitely dense) then it doesn't actually exist, at least not according to the math.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 01:56

Multiverses?
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 07:511 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    [b]...at the most dense inside a black hole, the density never goes to infinity like GR seems to predict.

No number value be can found between zero and an infinitely small number, so the number value of infinity (infinitely small) is equal to zero. If a singularity is infinitely small (or infinitely dense) then it doesn't actually exist, at least not according to the math.[/b]
    if I recall correctly, even 'standard' physics predicts that a singularity has a kind of fuzzy 'diameter' of sorts due to quantum physics causing quantum fluctuations and thus is not literally infinitely small in every sense.
    Can someone please correct me here if I got that wrong.
  8. Joined
    25 Nov '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 08:20
    Originally posted by humy
    if I recall correctly, even 'standard' physics predicts that a singularity has a kind of fuzzy 'diameter' of sorts due to quantum physics causing quantum fluctuations and thus is not literally infinitely small in every sense.
    Can someone please correct me here if I got that wrong.
    Well current theory suggests at least it cant be smaller than the Plank length.

z

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree