Turning evolution on its head:

Turning evolution on its head:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Aug 13

Originally posted by humy
Plus, if there was once massive of water on the moon that cooled it down, .....
Actually water does not cool things down except by evaporation. If it condenses again, it heats things up. So the water would have to have started off in a liquid or solid state, evaporated/boiled, then escaped the surface altogether in order to have a cooling effect. This begs the question as to how the liquid water or ice got cool enough in the first place to be there. It also leaves the question of how much water would be required to cool it.
RJs blacksmith example just shows his total ignorance of basic physics.

h

Moves
15 Aug 13
3 edits

Originally posted by Metal Brain
"The moon doesn't have enough gravity to hold an atmosphere let alone one thick enough to allow water to exist in liquid form anywhere on its surface."

Anywhere?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/03/water-moon-north-pole/

http://www.space.com/7987-tons-water-ice-moon-north-pole.html
I said liquid water on its surface. I am well aware you can have frozen water on its surface in craters on the poles where no direct sunlight warms it. But you cannot have liquid water anywhere on its surface ever, not even there in those dark sunless spots in the craters at the poles. That's because liquid water cannot exist in vacuum of space.

h

Moves
15 Aug 13
11 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
Actually water does not cool things down except by evaporation. If it condenses again, it heats things up. So the water would have to have started off in a liquid or solid state, evaporated/boiled, then escaped the surface altogether in order to have a cooling effect. This begs the question as to how the liquid water or ice got cool enough in the first pl ...[text shortened]... be required to cool it.
Yes your right. In fact, basic physics tells us that liquid water generally can NOT cool a planet! That's because evaporation doesn't actually destroy the heat energy and water cools by transferring heat rather than destroying heat energy and, in this case, it doesn't transfer heat directly out from the planet and into outer space.

Therefore, merely liquid water being on the planet would not help it cool! It is not water that cools a planet but rather heat radiating from the planet to outer space that results in the cooling of planets which, incidentally, physically MUST take many millions of years, thus this also contradicts his young earth hypothesis. So that's actually another TWO massive flaws in RJHinds absurd claim here! Just like most of his other delusional claims, here is just so much wrong with his delusional claim here!

Once again he displays his complete ignorance of even the most basic physics but no doubt he will just condescendingly pretend that, like he always does, he understands all of physics even though we OBVIOUSLY all know he doesn't. What he is too stupid to get into his thick skull is that none of us are ever fooled by his condescending pretense for even a moment and we all know we understand vastly more about physics (...and science....and logic...) than he ever will.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Actually water does not cool things down except by evaporation. If it condenses again, it heats things up. So the water would have to have started off in a liquid or solid state, evaporated/boiled, then escaped the surface altogether in order to have a cooling effect. This begs the question as to how the liquid water or ice got cool enough in the first pl ...[text shortened]... be required to cool it.
Well, it worked for the Blacksmith and many other ancient metal workers, so apparently they are smarter than you. When I burn my finger, I immediately stick it under water because it seems to help.

The Instructor

h

Moves
16 Aug 13
8 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well, it worked for the Blacksmith and many other ancient metal workers, so apparently they are smarter than you. When I burn my finger, I immediately stick it under water because it seems to help.

The Instructor
Well, it worked for the Blacksmith and many other ancient metal workers,

What? Cooling their lumps of metal of cooling the vastly larger whole planets? It would work for those smaller lamps of metal but, for the SEVERAL very good reasons we just explained in previous posts, NOT for whole planets.
so apparently they are smarter than you.

No. And apparently you are too stupid to comprehend our debunk. That makes us apparently a lot smarter than you are.
When I burn my finger, I immediately stick it under water because it seems to help.

your finger is not a whole planet.

Basic physics says what you claims are absurd and for SEVERAL very good reasons.
Just for starters, liquid water cannot exist on the surface of the moon because there is not enough gravity on the moon to allow a thick atmosphere that would allow water to exist in its liquid state on its surface and, therefore, liquid water on the surface of the moon could not have cooled it as you claim. It also wouldn't work for the Earth because liquid water would not in any way contribute to quicker heat transfer from the earth's surface to outer space as radiant heat. Apparently you are just both too stupid and too ignorant of even the most basic physics to get it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 13

Well, it worked for the Blacksmith and many other ancient metal workers,

What? Cooling their lumps of metal of cooling the vastly larger whole planets? It would work for those smaller lamps of metal but, for the SEVERAL very good reasons we just explained in previous posts, NOT for whole planets.
[quote] so apparently they are smarter t ...[text shortened]... rently you are just both too stupid and too ignorant of even the most basic physics to get it.
You have no knowledge of the conditions in which the moon was made. So your guess is no better than mine.

The Instructor

h

Moves
16 Aug 13
6 edits

You have no knowledge of the conditions in which the moon was made. So your guess is no better than mine.

The Instructor
You have no knowledge of the conditions in which the moon was made

NO, I DO have knowledge of the conditions in which the moon was made because SCIENCE gives us some knowledge of those conditions. We may be still unsure of some of the more trivial details but we still know a lot about those initial conditions and CERTAINLY enough to know how it cooled which was via radiant heat radiating from its surface to outer space.
So your guess is no better than mine.

NO. It is NOT a 'guess' that basic physics is the way we know it is (such as the law of gravity and the properties of water) because we can observe the way basic physics is.
And This very basic physics tells us that water couldn't have cooled the moon nor the earth.

You have proven yourself a moron here many times over:

You suggested that water once covered the moon and this water cooled the moon. Explain to us how, according to basic physics, how this can be possible when the moon has insufficient gravity to allow a thick enough atmosphere to allow water to exist in liquid form on the surface of the moon.... -your silence on this proves you are just being a moron.

-and this isn't even to mention that we should be seeing obvious visual evidence (dried up river and sea beds; signs of water erosion; sedimentary rock, esp of the layered kind, of the type that can only form with water present ) all over the surface of the moon of liquid water once being on the very surface of the moon if it was once there. And yet we see none -why not?

You also suggested that water covering the earth is what cooled the Earth. Explain to us how, according to basic physics, how this can be possible when water on the surface of the Earth would not destroy heat energy (because the first law of thermodynamics forbids that ) and doesn't cause an increase in the lose of heat from the Earth to outer space in the form of radiant heat thus doesn't allow the escape of heat energy from the Earth as a whole .... -again, your silence on this proves you are just being a moron.

h

Moves
16 Aug 13

NO, I DO have knowledge of the conditions in which the moon was made because SCIENCE gives us some knowledge of those conditions. We may be still unsure of some of the more trivial details but we still know a lot about those initial conditions and CERTAINLY enough to know ...[text shortened]... the Earth as a whole .... -again, your silence on this proves you are just being a moron.
misprint:

"...doesn't allow the escape of heat energy from the Earth as a whole..."

should have been:

"...doesn't cause a faster rate of heat lose from the Earth as a whole..."

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 13

NO, I DO have knowledge of the conditions in which the moon was made because SCIENCE gives us some knowledge of those conditions. We may be still unsure of some of the more trivial details but we still know a lot about those initial conditions and CERTAINLY enough to know ...[text shortened]... the Earth as a whole .... -again, your silence on this proves you are just being a moron.
I do not understand exactly how the physics works for water being able to cool things, but it does. Water has been used with window fans to cool the air down. When it rains, the temperature goes down as can be seen from any weather report.

Here is an experiment concerning the effect of pressure on water.

The Instructor

h

Moves
16 Aug 13
10 edits

I do not understand exactly how the physics works for water being able to cool things, but it does. Water has been used with window fans to cool the air down. When it rains, the temperature goes down as can be seen from any weather report.

Here is an experiment concerning the effect of pressure on water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOYgdQp4euc

The Instructor
I do not understand exactly how the physics works for water being able to cool things

At last you admit ignorance! Actually, you have already demonstrated you don't understand ANY of the physics -so forget about this “I do not understand exactly...” crap. That should have been “I understand nothing about...”. You really need to go a lot further and admit your TOTAL ignorance.
but it does.

NOT for planets or moons. You have already admitted ignorance of how water cools certain things, so how do you KNOW that water can also cool whole planets and whole moons when you admit you don't understand the physics!?
Everyone that DOES understand the physics, including us scientists here would say, and have clearly been telling you here, water can NOT cool planets. Why would you not believe us and instead believe we are all wrong about the physics when you don't even understand the physics!? How do you KNOW we are all wrong about the physics and YOU are right about the physics when you don't understand the physics yourself? Please explain this to us.....

The rest of your post is totally irrelevant.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 13

I do not understand exactly how the physics works for water being able to cool things

At last you admit ignorance! Actually, you have already demonstrated you don't understand ANY of the physics -so forget about this “I do not understand [b]exactly
...” crap. That should have been “I understand nothing about...”. You really need ...[text shortened]... ics yourself? Please explain this to us.....

The rest of your post is totally irrelevant.[/b]
You have yet to explain the physics or chemistry of how water can not cool things, including planets, so why should I just believe you when you think a frog can turn into a prince if given enough time?

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Aug 13
2 edits

You have yet to explain the physics or chemistry of how water can not cool things, including planets, so why should I just believe you when you think a frog can turn into a prince if given enough time?

The Instructor
Tell me why there are no river beds or ocean beds on the moon if you think in your deluded so-called mind water cooled the moon? How long do you think it would have taken water to cool off the moon? What happened to that water? People have walked on the moon in quite a number of separate places and there are no signs of erosion or river beds. Why don't you explain that?

BTW, you have yet to answer the question of how Noah got all the animals from Australia on the ark, to say nothing of South America, Madagascar, New Zealand and the like.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Tell me why there are no river beds or ocean beds on the moon if you think in your deluded so-called mind water cooled the moon? How long do you think it would have taken water to cool off the moon? What happened to that water? People have walked on the moon in quite a number of separate places and there are no signs of erosion or river beds. Why don't you ...[text shortened]... om Australia on the ark, to say nothing of South America, Madagascar, New Zealand and the like.
I was speculating that water may have cooled the moon. Maybe it was liquid nitrogen. It is only the surface of the moon that is cool, just like the earth. The water may have evaporated and came down to earth as rain. Maybe the gravitational pull of the moon was not strong enough to cause the water to cause erosion or river beds. It is not necessary to explain speculations.

God caused all the necessary animals to come to Noah. However, I have no knowldege that proves that any of the animals on the Ark had to come from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, and the like.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Aug 13

I was speculating that water may have cooled the moon. Maybe it was liquid nitrogen. It is only the surface of the moon that is cool, just like the earth. The water may have evaporated and came down to earth as rain. Maybe the gravitational pull of the moon was not strong enough to cause the water to cause erosion or river beds. It is not necessary to e ...[text shortened]... the Ark had to come from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, and the like.

The Instructor
It wouldn't have mattered WHAT kind of liquid "cooled" the moon. There would have been massive erosion. The proof of that is on the moon titan. There, it is cold enough for liquid methane, so there are rivers of methane and methane does the same thing that water does here, makes lakes, erosion, methane rain and it actively forms the surface just like water does on Earth.

You just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into oblivion.

h

Moves
17 Aug 13
2 edits

The Instructor
You have yet to explain the physics or chemistry of how water can not cool things, including planets,

No, OBVIOUSLY I have NOT being saying water doesn't cool things and you OBVIOUSLY know this! So STOP LYING!!!
I have been telling you that water CAN cool things -just NOT whole planets. And I have already explained the physics of why water cannot cool planets; planets cool by losing heat in the form of radiant heat (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/radiant+heat ) radiating from it (either its surface or its atmosphere ) to outer space and NOT via involvement of water.

Incidentally, you just exposed yourself to being even more ignorant with this “...yet to explain the physics or chemistry...”: -so now you reveal that you think the cooling effect of water is also to do with its chemistry? -well, you are wrong! Any cooling effect of water has nothing to do with its chemistry and only to do with its physical properties.

If you want to know more about the physics, just look it up yourself!

The fact that I need to explain the physics to you only confirms your complete ignorance of the physics. So just answer my questions that you still refused to answer:
Why would you not believe us and instead believe we are all wrong about the physics when you don't even understand the physics!? How do you KNOW we are all wrong about the physics and YOU are right about the physics when you don't understand the physics yourself? Please explain this to us.....

Also; do you deny the fact that, because there is no atmosphere on the moon, water cannot exist as a liquid on its surface? YES OR NO? If no, then how could liquid water have cooled the moon by covering its surface?