1. Germany
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 15:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you have to make an assumption about the existence of God and having to reject a miracle, then it is not science.

Your definition of science is simply how one works science into your religious beliefs.
    In the scientific method, one rejects hypotheses that are not falsifiable. Hence, miracles are rejected as valid hypotheses - not because they are wrong per se, but because they cannot be verified. Maybe there was a miracle last week which created the universe, all the people and their memories etc. Could very well be. We can't verify that hypothesis, so we reject it.
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 16:31
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    In the scientific method, one rejects hypotheses that are not falsifiable. Hence, miracles are rejected as valid hypotheses - not because they are wrong per se, but because they cannot be verified. Maybe there was a miracle last week which created the universe, all the people and their memories etc. Could very well be. We can't verify that hypothesis, so we reject it.
    Oh! So that's what he was saying. That was unreal. "making assumptions
    about god", that's precisely what we're not doing. LOL!
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 20:002 edits
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Oh! So that's what he was saying. That was unreal. "making assumptions
    about god", that's precisely what we're not doing. LOL!
    We do not have to make an assumption about creation, like we do for evolution, for we have a book where we are told what happened. And anyway, the Cambrian Explosion has already shown that evolution is false. That leaves only Creationism as a reliable theory.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 20:511 edit
    Which is exactly why I said that origins is not a topic fit for science. It is by definition a topic based on how one views the existence of God.
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 20:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We do not have to make an assumption about creation, like we do for evolution, for we have a book where we are told what happened. And anyway, the Cambrian Explosion has already shown that evolution is false. That leaves only Creationism as a reliable theory.
    Yeah, whatever. You've become a farce my friend.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 22:35
    Which is exactly why I said that origins is not a topic fit for science. It is by definition a topic based on how one views the existence of God.
    Evolutionists try to make it one. They call it "abiogenesis" because they know "spontaneous generation" has been proven wrong by the Law Of Biogenesis, but they don't like that law.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    01 May '14 06:47
    Absolutely not, because there is no need to assume divine intervention when discussing the origins of life. Even if God did intervene, there is no way we could establish it - God might have done anything - so we must reject the hypothesis for the same reason we reject the everything-created-last-week-hypothesis.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:04
    Absolutely not, because there is no need to assume divine intervention when discussing the origins of life. Even if God did intervene, there is no way we could establish it - God might have done anything - so we must reject the hypothesis for the same reason we reject the everything-created-last-week-hypothesis.
    God's way of creation may not be a miracle to someone as intelligent as God who understands how it is done. It may only be a miracle to dumb evolution scientist who obvious know very little about how life is created.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:22
    God's way of creation may not be a miracle to someone as intelligent as God who understands how it is done. It may only be a miracle to dumb evolution scientist who obvious know very little about how life is created.
    Where do you get off acting like you are some kind of expert on the subject? You have no degree in ANY science, your 2 years in college is not a qualification to speak as you do. You act as if you are the worlds expert on science and know everything about it when in fact all you can do is spout BS from your creationist buddies who ALSO have so much bias even if they are scientists they have no street cred in the sciences.

You don't go into a scientific field with an agenda built in, that is the opposite of seeking the truth of a subject.

It was thought for centuries the sun rotated around the Earth and the Earth was the center of the universe.

Do you think the same? That is exactly the position you are in when it comes to evolution.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Where do you get off acting like you are some kind of expert on the subject? You have no degree in ANY science, your 2 years in college is not a qualification to speak as you do. You act as if you are the worlds expert on science and know everything about it when in fact all you can do is spout BS from your creationist buddies who ALSO have so much bias eve ...[text shortened]... .

Do you think the same? That is exactly the position you are in when it comes to evolution.
    I believe I am in the right position. My science teacher taught me that that the theory of evolution and millions and billions of years is baloney.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:32
    I believe I am in the right position. My science teacher taught me that that the theory of evolution and millions and billions of years is baloney.
    So we get to the cause of your delusions. You had a fricking IDIOT teacher who was NOT a teacher but a politician looking for converts. I am sorry for your brain and your delusions.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:33
    Then your science teacher was an incompetent one. Your loss.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:44
    Then your science teacher was an incompetent one. Your loss.
    How can we be sure it was not you that had the incompetent science teacher?
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:51
    How can we be sure it was not you that had the incompetent science teacher?
    Because I actually took the time to look up the facts.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '14 12:55
    Because I actually took the time to look up the facts.
    What facts?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree