1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 22:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Those are different words. The translator seems to think that one Hebrew word can have different meanings just like some of our English words. That is his choice to use what English word he thinks conveys the meaning he believes is being stated. The point is that the same Hebrew word is tranlated as "wind" in one place and "air' in another place. So if o ...[text shortened]... ost of us. However, the translator decided to use "wind" for some reason unknown to me.
    However, the translator decided to use "wind" for some reason unknown to me.

The reason IS known to the rest of use because the the reason is obvious to the rest of us; the translator thought the correct word was wind simply because he didn't know air has weight.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 22:451 edit
    It was the Holy Spirit that knew, not them. And I did not say it was a mistranlation either. The translator had his choice of how he wanted to translate the word. In one case he translated it wind and in another he translated it air. In logic, 2 things equal to the same thing are equal.
    It was the Holy Spirit that knew, not them.

No, it was neither; the “Holy Spirit” doesn't exist. The “Holy Spirit” is just stupid superstition.
    You have provided no evidence and have no evidence that some kind of “Holy Spirit” exists let alone let alone it knows that air has weight.

In one case he translated it wind and in another he translated it air. In logic, 2 things equal to the same thing are equal

So you are saying 'wind' is equal to 'air'. Well, you are wrong.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 23:03
    I am referring to the air, dummy. How can there be wind without air?
    Do you not believe there is wind on Venus, Jupiter, Saturn?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 00:51
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Do you not believe there is wind on Venus, Jupiter, Saturn?
    Let me repeat for the slow to learn:

For He looks to the ends of the earth,
    And sees under the whole heavens,
    To establish a weight for the wind,
    And apportion the waters by measure.
    (Job 28:24-25 NKJV)

See the word "earth" there. There is no mention of anything that are in the heavens, like Venus, Jupiter, or Saturn, but only what is under the heavens, which is earth. So whether or not there is wind or air or water on the Sun, Moon, Venus is irrelevant.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 09:11

For He looks to the ends of the [b]earth,

See the word "earth" there. There is no mention of anything that are in the heavens, like Venus, Jupiter, or Saturn, but only what is ...[text shortened]... arth. So whether or not there is wind or air or water on the Sun, Moon, Venus is irrelevant.[/b]
    What are the ends of the earth? Might be difficult defining an end on an oblate spheroid. Or are you going to claim the earth must be flat or cubic or some other shape based on what it says in the Big Book of Fairy Tales?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 16:46
    Originally posted by Kepler
    What are the ends of the earth? Might be difficult defining an end on an oblate spheroid. Or are you going to claim the earth must be flat or cubic or some other shape based on what it says in the Big Book of Fairy Tales?
    In that passage, and in other religious usages, the phrase was used to indicate the furthest reach of man's dominion, as opposed to the heavens. It wasn't widely used until the 19th century, when it began to be used as we use it today, i.e. to mean 'a very long way away'.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 10:21
    In that passage, and in other religious usages, the phrase was used to indicate the furthest reach of man's dominion, as opposed to the heavens. It wasn't widely used until the 19th century, when it began to be used as we use it today, i.e. to mean 'a very long way away'.
    You keep rabbiting on about "heavens". Just how many heavens are there? Is this like my old RE teacher used to joke about there being a separate heaven for each denomination to prevent them carrying on their petty feuds in god's house?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:01
    Originally posted by Kepler
    You keep rabbiting on about "heavens". Just how many heavens are there? Is this like my old RE teacher used to joke about there being a separate heaven for each denomination to prevent them carrying on their petty feuds in god's house?
    This is the way I understand it. There are two physical heavens that refer to what most of us call the sky and then outer space. Then there is one spiritual heaven that is outside of our physical space and time. Here is a link to a website that explains it.

http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp130.htm
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 19:40

For He looks to the ends of the [b]earth,

See the word "earth" there. There is no mention of anything that are in the heavens, like Venus, Jupiter, or Saturn, but only what is ...[text shortened]... arth. So whether or not there is wind or air or water on the Sun, Moon, Venus is irrelevant.[/b]
    Try reading posts you respond to!
    Your answer is irrelevant.

You said "there can be no wind without air"

I gave examples showing how stupid you are to say that.
    Your best course of action was to keep quiet and go back
    to that rock you crawled out from.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 23:05
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Try reading posts you respond to!
    Your answer is irrelevant.

You said "there can be no wind without air"

I gave examples showing how stupid you are to say that.
    Your best course of action was to keep quiet and go back
    to that rock you crawled out from.
    The problem you have is that you don't understand the importance of context. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree