1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 23:45
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    It would REALLY help if you ever had a decent education, for instance your talk about stars not having redshift when they move away is right but you have not heard the opposite effect, BLUE SHIFT, if a star comes towards us the light and every other form of radiation changes frequency UP so that can make a yellow star look green if it is moving fast enough and ...[text shortened]... head of a person standing on a planet a thousand light years away if it was in direct line of sight,
    I have a decent education. I got a GED scholarship and went to college.
    I quit high school because they wouldn't let me attend classes over an attendance issue. I got very good grades.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '22 04:52
    @Metal-Brain
    Funny you would comment on that but not on the actual science content.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '22 05:39
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Funny you would comment on that but not on the actual science content.
    The content was not compelling and you falsely claimed I have not heard of blue shift. You offered nothing convincing. It is not worth responding to.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '22 17:19
    @Metal-Brain
    "If a star is moving away from you there might be a redshift observed. If it is moving away from you at the same speed you are moving toward it, you would see no redshift. If it is moving away from you at twice the speed you are moving toward it, you would see half as much redshift. Am I right?"

It sounded like you didn't know blue shift from that statement, Sorry if I misunderstood.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '22 10:33
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    "If a star is moving away from you there might be a redshift observed. If it is moving away from you at the same speed you are moving toward it, you would see no redshift. If it is moving away from you at twice the speed you are moving toward it, you would see half as much redshift. Am I right?"

It sounded like you didn't know blue shift from that statement, Sorry if I misunderstood.
    Sounds like he doesn't grok doppler shift at all, nor what causes it.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jun '22 12:56
    @Suzianne
    Pretty much🙂
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 01:08
    @suzianne said
    Sounds like he doesn't grok doppler shift at all, nor what causes it.
    You are such a retard.
    Is mindless trolling all you do?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jun '22 20:00
    @Metal-Brain
    A subject you know all too well since you are an expert at it.
    She has a REAL college degree so good luck trying to outthink her.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '22 11:57
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    A subject you know all too well since you are an expert at it.
    She has a REAL college degree so good luck trying to outthink her.
    That is laughable.
    You don't even know her.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '22 14:02
    @Metal-Brain
    I know her better than I know you, we have PM's for years.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '22 16:04
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I know her better than I know you, we have PM's for years.
    She knows nothing about science. She thinks time dilation is some sort of byproduct of gravity. Einstein would roll in his grave if he could.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '22 18:42
    @Metal-Brain
    No, Suz and I both know both spacetime bending is what we call gravity and it is well proven by atomic clocks now super accurate enough to see the time flow shift from an altitude of one METER up or down AND the same from velocity, TWO separate physics ending up with the same effect, but since you hang on the word of one dude, that is the ONLY explanation for you since you are too obtuse to listen to other scientists, you hang your hat one ONE dude and I don't care if he DID get a Nobel prize.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '22 01:30
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    No, Suz and I both know both spacetime bending is what we call gravity and it is well proven by atomic clocks now super accurate enough to see the time flow shift from an altitude of one METER up or down AND the same from velocity, TWO separate physics ending up with the same effect, but since you hang on the word of one dude, that is the ONLY explanation for y ...[text shortened]... en to other scientists, you hang your hat one ONE dude and I don't care if he DID get a Nobel prize.
    Are you claiming time dilation is some sort of byproduct of gravity as well? Are you that stupid too?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jun '22 05:331 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    No I am saying the bending of space time from the interaction of mass with said spacetime is what causes BOTH gravity and time dilation and you can poo poo that all you want but it has been shown clearly atomic clocks now accurate to within one second compared to the entire age of the universe can see changes in time flow from one altitude to a different one either up or down a gravity well, with a movement of said clocks or difference of as small a distance between them up and down of one meter or less.
    You want to believe people who put up your argument and you NEVER change you mind on any subject no matter what the refutations coming along.
    And the same with velocity but of course you ALWAYS know better. So write it up for you coming Phd thesis and then we can talk.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '22 06:23
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    No I am saying the bending of space time from the interaction of mass with said spacetime is what causes BOTH gravity and time dilation and you can poo poo that all you want but it has been shown clearly atomic clocks now accurate to within one second compared to the entire age of the universe can see changes in time flow from one altitude to a different one ei ...[text shortened]... but of course you ALWAYS know better. So write it up for you coming Phd thesis and then we can talk.
    Time dilation causes the bending of space time.
    Einstein concluded that with a thought experiment. That is what the equivalence principal was all about.

You are as clueless as suzi.
    You cannot find a single quote from Einstein to support your error in logic. Einstein would never say something so completely backwards.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree