1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '11 22:51
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    This is the fundamental problem with conspiracy nuts.

They want the unprovable thoroughly disproved, and when that disproof is brought forward they deny its validity merely because of the source, or because it doesn't disprove everything in one go, or because it is printed on blue paper. It is impossible to get any solid facts into a conspiracy nut; ...[text shortened]... rove - that it works. Not, I cannot repeat this enough, not the other way around.

Richard
    Don't you know how to read?
    I have stated more than once that world wide wireless energy probably would not work. I never once claimed there was a conspiracy regarding wireless energy. I clarified that to that other guy that started out making false assumptions just like you did. We just digressed into another subject because (like you) he likes to insult people by calling them nuts because of some unrelated thread.

All I did was ask how an undisputed genius like Tesla could become so convinced something like Wardenclyffe would work. He said Tesla was mentally ill and I asked him what his source of info was because I had not heard that claim before. I am always willing to look at something new, but he offered nothing but his same unproven claim. Maybe he was mentally ill. I don't know, but at least present something to verify that claim. If it was merely Googlefudgepacker's opinion all he had to do is say so. In the end, all he did was claim that he was mentally unstable and became senile later, or he had an obsession. Or maybe he meant both.

I never claimed radio waves could power anything significant. That was merely an example that the earth can contain electromagnetic energy of certain frequencies similar to the way a microwave oven does. Nothing more. It is not clear Tesla was not going to use microwaves either. Radio communication did not exist back then either. Implying Tesla was foolish because his experiments would interfere with things that exist now but not then means little. As Sh6 always points out, you can't compare the two.

I could give examples of other statements you made that I agree with, but what is the point if you present them as if I don't? Seems to me that you are not following this thread very well. If you had been, I would not have to correct your inaccurate assumptions right after correcting another person's inaccurate assumptions about the very same thing.

Let me put this in concise terms so another insulting jerk does not make the same false assumptions. I never disputed any numbers. I asked how Tesla could get his numbers wrong after he did such brilliant things to advance modern civilization. He was obviously good with numbers at some point in his life.

It is possible a brilliant man like Tesla let something get in the way of good science. After all, Thomas Edison did. He wanted to confine modern civilization to direct current. Of course, Edison and Tesla did not like each other after their work together so that might explain it. Edison may have let his personal grudge get in the way of good science. Kind of like a democrat lets his partisan bias get in the way of criticism of a fellow democrat. They hated Bush for going to war with Iraq for the reasons he did, but when I prove to them that Bill Clinton tried to do EXACTLY the same thing and failed despite his best efforts.....oh no! God forbid should they be confused with facts. The nerve of me to expose their hero as being no better than Bush. If you hate me for it don't kill the messenger. Lose the grudge.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 02:10
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Don't you know how to read?
    I have stated more than once that world wide wireless energy probably would not work. I never once claimed there was a conspiracy regarding wireless energy. I clarified that to that other guy that started out making false assumptions just like you did. We just digressed into another subject because (like you) he likes to ins ...[text shortened]... ing no better than Bush. If you hate me for it don't kill the messenger. Lose the grudge.
    You are a conspiracy nut, as proved by your other threads.

The problem is that the same failings of logic that cause you to be a conspiracy nut also
    make explaining why this is a dumb idea pointless.

For starters asking us why a dead guy, who I am willing to bet none of us has met,
    while otherwise very smart, barked up this blind avenue.

We don't and can't possibly, know. Which renders the question pointless.

And if you have never heard about Tesla's being notorious for, and dismissed as, a 'mad scientist'
    towards the end of his life, retreating from the world and into his own head, then you really don't
    know much about Tesla.
    Heck it's even mentioned in the abstract on his wiki page entry.
    You want to now more about him, go look him up.

"Radio communication did not exist back then either"

Seriously???

When you say it would interfere with things that exist now and not then, this is patently not true.
    He died in the forties when they certainly had radios, and were building the first computers (secretly
    of course.)

However more to the point, the amount of power you are talking about would start inducing massive currents
    in anything even vaguely conductive, like steel frame skyscrapers for example.

If you want to bounce the energy off the ionosphere then that process is not 100% efficient (or even close)
    some of the energy passes through and some gets absorbed, generating heat.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 13:39
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You are a conspiracy nut, as proved by your other threads.

The problem is that the same failings of logic that cause you to be a conspiracy nut also
    make explaining why this is a dumb idea pointless.

For starters asking us why a dead guy, who I am willing to bet none of us has met,
    while otherwise very smart, barked up this blind avenue.

We ...[text shortened]... even close)
    some of the energy passes through and some gets absorbed, generating heat.
    Wardenclyffe was erected right before Marconi sent his first signal. I'm not talking about anything after that and you know it. JP Morgan ended the project after Marconi sent the first radio communication.
    You are still assuming he was going to use microwaves. Get your head out of the microwave oven and show me a Tesla quote establishing he intended to use the frequency you claim. Otherwise, shut up about microwaves!

Funny how that nut Edison is so easily forgiven for barking up his blind avenue. Perhaps he was mentally ill since he meets your criteria for that. Either that or Edison was doing too much cocaine and his addiction clouded his judgement. Maybe Edison was suffering from lack of sleep. It is well known that his cocaine addiction is why he only took cat naps. Cocaine must have driven him mad.

Electric lines are not 100% efficient either. We have been over this before. Nothing is 100% efficient. Show me the numbers.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 15:17
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Wardenclyffe was erected right before Marconi sent his first signal. I'm not talking about anything after that and you know it. JP Morgan ended the project after Marconi sent the first radio communication.
    You are still assuming he was going to use microwaves. Get your head out of the microwave oven and show me a Tesla quote establishing he intended to ...[text shortened]... fficient either. We have been over this before. Nothing is 100% efficient. Show me the numbers.
    I am not 'still assuming' he was going to use microwaves, I am not claiming he was going to
    use any particular frequency, you are the only one talking about microwaves.

The only way back then of transmitting energy requires a frequency that induces currents in
    electrical conductors. (and even today we would use microwave frequencies for satellite to
    ground power transmission.) which means that anything electrically conductive would have
    currents induced in it, including skyscrapers (any building with metal in it).

If you don't understand how bad this is, and you evidently don't, then you don't know anything
    about physics.
    Go away and learn some, because nobody here is about to teach you physics from the ground
    up simply to explain how dumb this idea is.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '11 21:54
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I am not 'still assuming' he was going to use microwaves, I am not claiming he was going to
    use any particular frequency, you are the only one talking about microwaves.

The only way back then of transmitting energy requires a frequency that induces currents in
    electrical conductors. (and even today we would use microwave frequencies for satellite ...[text shortened]... is about to teach you physics from the ground
    up simply to explain how dumb this idea is.
    I'm the only one talking about microwaves? Then you go on to talk about them? LOL! You are beyond ridiculous!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree