1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 07:543 edits
    https://phys.org/news/2017-10-world-pollution-deadlier-wars-disasters.html
    "....Environmental pollution—from filthy air to contaminated water—is killing more people every year than all war and violence in the world. More than smoking, hunger or natural disasters. More than AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria combined.

One out of every six premature deaths in the world in 2015—about 9 million—could be attributed to disease from toxic exposure,
    Experts say the 9 million premature deaths the study found was just a partial estimate, and the number of people killed by pollution is undoubtedly higher and will be quantified once more research is done and new methods of assessing harmful impacts are developed.
    ..."

I knew the effects of world pollution was bad but I didn't know they are THAT bad!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 16:28
    Originally posted by @humy
    "....Environmental pollution—from filthy air to contaminated water—is killing more people every year than all war and violence in the world. More than smoking, hunger or natural disasters. More than AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria combined.

One out of every six premature deaths in th ...[text shortened]... ped.
    ..."

I knew the effects of world pollution was bad but I didn't know they are THAT bad!
    Maybe it's the planet's way of getting rid of its fleas (humans)
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 16:44
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Injestion of plastics has shown to interfere with hormonal development.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 19:18
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Injestion of plastics has shown to interfere with hormonal development.
    It could be a vast population control conspiracy. Ask Freaky about that🙂
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 03:50
    I doubt it.
    This is just another consequence of human greed and apathy.
    Society has chosen a throw away culture largely because that was the sum of the choices put before it.
    In an aggressively competitive marketplace which rewards those that put profit above all other considerations , it is no surprise we see the rise of a throw away consumer culture that reduces people to easily justifying their own wasteful habits lest they be relegated to the scrapbin of history.
    Many will be looking to science for answers.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 07:56
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I doubt it.
    This is just another consequence of human greed and apathy.
    Society has chosen a throw away culture largely because that was the sum of the choices put before it.
    In an aggressively competitive marketplace which rewards those that put profit above all other considerations , it is no surprise we see the rise of a throw away consumer cu ...[text shortened]... est they be relegated to the scrapbin of history.
    Many will be looking to science for answers.
    Well said.We have indeed become a throwaway society mainly for the reasons you state(nothing is built to last now, to maximise profits by making it cheaper to buy a new product than having the old one repaired).Why can't I use Windows 3.1 95, 97 etc anymore?.Because they're deliberately made obselete to make me buy a new system
    I was on a bus many years ago(I still use public transport when possible instead of the car) and I saw a young tot on the street with his Mother thro' the window.He'd just finished his lollipop.The mother took the stick from him and dropped it on the floor.I think that says it all.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 11:54

One out of every six premature deaths in th ...[text shortened]... ped.
    ..."

Look at the skies over any major city on any given day.
    Death from above.
    Folks who pay for organics are fooling themselves: they might not spray the fields directly, but thanks to geoengineering, we're all covered.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 12:4115 edits
    Originally posted by @freakykbh

Folks who pay for organics are fooling themselves:
    they are generally being fooled but not for your 'reason' you gave which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

All food including 'organic food' (a highly misleading term because all food is at least partly made of organic chemicals and usually entirely originates from living matter) is made of molecules and all molecules are chemicals thus all food is made of chemicals therefore spraying a chemical on a food crop isn't necessarily a 'bad' thing and can be a 'good' thing; it just depends on which specific chemical (DDT for crop spraying has been rightfully banned but pyrethrum and hormone weed killer shouldn't be etc ) and the context of its use (the sparing use of nitrate fertilizer is generally good but its all-too-common excessive use that leads to measurable soil leaching into water supplies is bad etc ) .
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 13:22
    It could be a vast population control conspiracy. Ask Freaky about that🙂
    Not conspiracy, just a natural consequence.

Just like drilling and waste water injection naturally results in the destabilizing of the earth's crust.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 14:14
    they are generally being fooled but not for your 'reason' you gave which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

All food including 'organic food' (a highly misleading term because all food is at least partly made of organic chemicals and usually entirely originates from living matter) is made of molecules and all molecules are chemicals thus all food ...[text shortened]... o-common excessive use that leads to measurable soil leaching into water supplies is bad etc ) .
    I didn't say spraying a food was a bad thing; nor did I say spraying it was a good thing.
    No comment about the purposeful spraying of food was inferred.
    Since you didn't get it in your first pass, I suggest you give it another go.
    What I am saying is that those who buy only organic are likely ignorant to the fact that auxiliary spraying is occurring in the form of chemtrails/geoengineering, therefore their food is still laden with chemicals they def don't want but are getting anyway.
    Same for our water, same for our air.

The California organic wine industry was recently rocked by the revelation of the pervasiveness of Monsanto's campaign of chemical warfare: here they thought they were as pure as the proverbial driven snow, but thanks to the Monsanto overlords, said snow was taken from the banks of a snow pile found off the side of the turnpike somewhere in New Jersey.
    Well, at least they took the gravel bits out, yes?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree