1. Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 20:55
    Instead of there being a reoccuring 1,3,5,7 day plus the timeout there should be a setting with only a timeout. Because people are really sarting to annoy me when I specifically request a fast game and they move every 23 hours so it doesn't timeout. Very annoying...
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 21:01
    Originally posted by jprezzano
    Instead of there being a reoccuring 1,3,5,7 day plus the timeout there should be a setting with only a timeout. Because people are really sarting to annoy me when I specifically request a fast game and they move every 23 hours so it doesn't timeout. Very annoying...
    What you are looking for is timebank game, not a timeout game.

0/7 is a 7 day timebank.

P-
  3. Berks.
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 21:43
    23 hours a move is pretty quick for correspondence game.
  4. Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 14:14
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What you are looking for is timebank game, not a timeout game.

0/7 is a 7 day timebank.

P-
    Yeah I guess that makes more sense....Thanks
  5. Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 14:161 edit
    Originally posted by Peakite
    23 hours a move is pretty quick for correspondence game.
    Your absolutely right, but for people like myself whose jobs are farely easy and they have a lot of down time I move more often which is why I request a fast moving game. If you want to take 23 hours to make a move, by all means, please do but don't join into a game that is requesting fast movers.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 14:44
    Your absolutely right, but for people like myself whose jobs are farely easy and they have a lot of down time I move more often which is why I request a fast moving game. If you want to take 23 hours to make a move, by all means, please do but don't join into a game that is requesting fast movers.
    The point is that a move every 23 hours is "fast moving" in most CC player's books.

If you want to finish a game in a day or two, write "3 day maximum game", at least until your suggestion gets implemented.

D
  7. Joined
    12 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 15:24
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The point is that a move every 23 hours is "fast moving" in most CC player's books.

If you want to finish a game in a day or two, write "3 day maximum game", at least until your suggestion gets implemented.

D
    Yeah I see your point. I will tyr wording it that way and see if I get a better response....
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 11:01
    I think this is a good idea! I wouldn't be playing any games with this timecontrol, but i can see that many would. We have tournaments that use 0 timeout, why not casual games?

I see some minor problems. The site would have to force a player to use a timebank, otherwise people could set up 0/0 games, which would be stupid. Also, players who are online a lot could still slow play opponents, only making moves while they're offline in an attempt to win by time. This would be difficult though and technically speaking, if people aren't online much they shouldn't be playing this time control...
  9. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 12:20
    Yeah I see your point. I will tyr wording it that way and see if I get a better response....
    I agree that your suggestion would promote real time chess and be an excellent extra feature for the site.

However the current system motivates people to subscribe.

Your need for a chess a fix could be sated with the ability to play more games. To play more games you need to subscribe. If your proposal was made unavailable to everyone subscription would be less attractive.

If it was a subscriber only function it wouldn't be used much.
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 13:03
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I agree that your suggestion would promote real time chess and be an excellent extra feature for the site.

However the current system motivates people to subscribe.

Your need for a chess a fix could be sated with the ability to play more games. To play more games you need to subscribe. If your proposal was made unavailable to everyone subscription would be less attractive.

If it was a subscriber only function it wouldn't be used much.
    I disagree i'm afraid. Look how fast the 0/40 tournies filled up. If people want to subscribe they subscribe. If they become irritated with the sites non-sub facilities they simply go elsewhere...
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 20:46
    This is a good idea / option

it is EXTREMELY fast (CC) for 7 day timebank though!!

If this is implemented, should also have 15, 20, 25...up to 60 (like 2007 Championship.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree