Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 12 Jan '07 20:55
    Instead of there being a reoccuring 1,3,5,7 day plus the timeout there should be a setting with only a timeout. Because people are really sarting to annoy me when I specifically request a fast game and they move every 23 hours so it doesn't timeout. Very annoying...
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    12 Jan '07 21:01
    Originally posted by jprezzano
    Instead of there being a reoccuring 1,3,5,7 day plus the timeout there should be a setting with only a timeout. Because people are really sarting to annoy me when I specifically request a fast game and they move every 23 hours so it doesn't timeout. Very annoying...
    What you are looking for is timebank game, not a timeout game.

    0/7 is a 7 day timebank.

    P-
  3. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    12 Jan '07 21:43
    23 hours a move is pretty quick for correspondence game.
  4. 13 Jan '07 14:14
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What you are looking for is timebank game, not a timeout game.

    0/7 is a 7 day timebank.

    P-
    Yeah I guess that makes more sense....Thanks
  5. 13 Jan '07 14:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Peakite
    23 hours a move is pretty quick for correspondence game.
    Your absolutely right, but for people like myself whose jobs are farely easy and they have a lot of down time I move more often which is why I request a fast moving game. If you want to take 23 hours to make a move, by all means, please do but don't join into a game that is requesting fast movers.
  6. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    13 Jan '07 14:44
    Originally posted by jprezzano
    Your absolutely right, but for people like myself whose jobs are farely easy and they have a lot of down time I move more often which is why I request a fast moving game. If you want to take 23 hours to make a move, by all means, please do but don't join into a game that is requesting fast movers.
    The point is that a move every 23 hours is "fast moving" in most CC player's books.

    If you want to finish a game in a day or two, write "3 day maximum game", at least until your suggestion gets implemented.

    D
  7. 13 Jan '07 15:24
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The point is that a move every 23 hours is "fast moving" in most CC player's books.

    If you want to finish a game in a day or two, write "3 day maximum game", at least until your suggestion gets implemented.

    D
    Yeah I see your point. I will tyr wording it that way and see if I get a better response....
  8. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    17 Jan '07 11:01
    I think this is a good idea! I wouldn't be playing any games with this timecontrol, but i can see that many would. We have tournaments that use 0 timeout, why not casual games?

    I see some minor problems. The site would have to force a player to use a timebank, otherwise people could set up 0/0 games, which would be stupid. Also, players who are online a lot could still slow play opponents, only making moves while they're offline in an attempt to win by time. This would be difficult though and technically speaking, if people aren't online much they shouldn't be playing this time control...
  9. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    17 Jan '07 12:20
    Originally posted by jprezzano
    Yeah I see your point. I will tyr wording it that way and see if I get a better response....
    I agree that your suggestion would promote real time chess and be an excellent extra feature for the site.

    However the current system motivates people to subscribe.

    Your need for a chess a fix could be sated with the ability to play more games. To play more games you need to subscribe. If your proposal was made unavailable to everyone subscription would be less attractive.

    If it was a subscriber only function it wouldn't be used much.
  10. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    17 Jan '07 13:03
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I agree that your suggestion would promote real time chess and be an excellent extra feature for the site.

    However the current system motivates people to subscribe.

    Your need for a chess a fix could be sated with the ability to play more games. To play more games you need to subscribe. If your proposal was made unavailable to everyone subscription would be less attractive.

    If it was a subscriber only function it wouldn't be used much.
    I disagree i'm afraid. Look how fast the 0/40 tournies filled up. If people want to subscribe they subscribe. If they become irritated with the sites non-sub facilities they simply go elsewhere...
  11. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    17 Jan '07 20:46
    This is a good idea / option

    it is EXTREMELY fast (CC) for 7 day timebank though!!

    If this is implemented, should also have 15, 20, 25...up to 60 (like 2007 Championship.)