1. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:571 edit
    I don't know if this was brought up already or not.

1 - Being able to delete your posts...or at least always edit them.
    2 - Signatures for posts.
    3 - Ability to attach polls to threads.
    4 - Please, please raise the minimum of private messages a day to 15...!
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 19:40
    Veto to two.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 21:22
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Veto to two.
    And to #1.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 21:47
    Originally posted by Raven69
    I don't know if this was brought up already or not.

1 - Being able to delete your posts...or at least always edit them.
    2 - Signatures for posts.
    3 - Ability to attach polls to threads.
    4 - Please, please raise the minimum of private messages a day to 15...!
    1 - Deleting posts would add all sorts of problems, however being able to edit always would probably be ok assuming that a last edited time was displayed on the post

2 - The last thing this forum needs is ridiculous signature pictures

3 - Polls are crap. You are crap.

4 - The number of PMs per day was limited for non-subs in response to a few non-subs spamming hundreds of people with ads or abuse. If you want unlimited PMs subscribe.
  5. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 22:35
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    1 - Deleting posts would add all sorts of problems, however being able to edit always would probably be ok assuming that a last edited time was displayed on the post

4 - The number of PMs per day was limited for non-subs in response to a few non-subs spamming hundreds of people with ads or abuse. If you want unlimited PMs subscribe.
    1. Right

2. Right

3. Polls are crap. Who the heck knows about him?

4. If you want to PM more, I have an answer: SUBSCRIBE!!!!!
  6. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 00:24

1 - Yes, that would be good.

2 - How aboot not allowing pictures in signatures, just words.

3 - Thanks, I try... 🙂

4 - Yea I know, I don't think raising them to 15 a day would exactly hurt though.

And I would gladly subscribe, but I don't want to.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 01:06
    1 - Yes, that would be good.

2 - How aboot not allowing pictures in signatures, just words.

3 - Thanks, I try... 🙂

4 - Yea I know, I don't think raising them to 15 a day would exactly hurt though.

And I would gladly subscribe, but I don't want to.
    How aboot not allowing pictures in signatures, just words.

What is the point of a signature? If someone wants to know who wrote a post they can look to the left, if they want to know which clan you are in or your hilarious quotes about "how life is like a box of chocolates" (or bonus "you like your women like you like your coffee" ) then can read your profile. Personally, I don't care about either of those things and I'd rather not have space on my screen taken up by you telling me about them.

Yea I know, I don't think raising them to 15 a day would exactly hurt though.
    The line has to be drawn somewhere, the site admin chose 10 per day and I think that's reasonable. Use a chat program or in game messages if you want to communicate with someone a great deal (I don't think I've sent over 10 a day more than once or twice).
  8. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 02:48
    (I don't think I've sent over 10 a day more than once or twice).
    Is that because no one likes talking to you?

Anyway, someone else suggested on another thread to set the limit so that you can only send messages to 10 other users a day instead of just 10 messages, because even if you are only talking to a few people the messages add up pretty quick. And if 'tis set up this way, it should still prevent spam.

As for the signatures, the are just for fun, much like avatars and self proclaimed titles.
  9. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 04:35

Anyway, someone else suggested on another thread to set the limit so that you can only send messages to 10 other users a day instead of just 10 messages, because even if you are only talking to a few people the messages add up pretty quick. And if 'tis set up this way, it should still prevent spam.

As for the signatures, the are just for fun, much like avatars and self proclaimed titles.
    The signatures are a huge waste of space, espcially for the extremely limited amount of "fun" they would provide. Honestly that is one reason RHP are the only forums on the entire internet that I use frequently.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 05:34

I'll have you know that my avatar and title are not fun and games, they are serious. DEADLY SERIOUS.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 05:39
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    The signatures are a huge waste of space, espcially for the extremely limited amount of "fun" they would provide. Honestly that is one reason RHP are the only forums on the entire internet that I use frequently.
    Most, in fact all I think, forums I visit on the internet allow you to show or hide signatures and avatars. Personally, I hate signatures bigger than one line and the ones with pictures are awful, in my opinion.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 05:52
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Most, in fact all I think, forums I visit on the internet allow you to show or hide signatures and avatars. Personally, I hate signatures bigger than one line and the ones with pictures are awful, in my opinion.
    Even one line? Say I read 20 of your posts in a day, why would I need to read that line 20 times? If I wanted to read stupid quotes you think are funny, I'd read your profile.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 06:08
    Even one line? Say I read 20 of your posts in a day, why would I need to read that line 20 times? If I wanted to read stupid quotes you think are funny, I'd read your profile.
    I wouldn't use a signature myself but I think one line is acceptable if it is used.

Have I got some stupid quotes in my profile? I'll have to check now.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 07:20
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I wouldn't use a signature myself but I think one line is acceptable if it is used.

Have I got some stupid quotes in my profile? I'll have to check now.
    Turns out that you are nothing but a troll. You don't want more than 10 PMs a day but you'll argue about how it's unfair that you can't send more. You don't want a signature but you'll claim you should be allowed to have one.

How about in the future you restrict yourself to campaigning for things you actually want?
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 00:39
    Even one line? Say I read 20 of your posts in a day, why would I need to read that line 20 times?
    You don't have to read it each time. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree