1. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 00:41
    Anyway, I don't see the problem with allowing #1 (not deleting your posts, but being able to edit them.)

And why are polls "crap"?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 00:56
    Originally posted by Raven69

And why are polls "crap"?
    Who Likes Short Shorts?

[ ] I like short shorts

[ ] He likes short shorts

[ ] We like short shorts

[ ] I'm gay

[ ] Comedy answer
  3. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 01:10
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Who Likes Short Shorts?

[ ] I like short shorts

[ ] He likes short shorts

[ ] We like short shorts

[ ] I'm gay

[ ] Comedy answer
    Option 3!

Some polls could be used for something like "Best answer to 1.d4"
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 02:43
    Option 3!

Some polls could be used for something like "Best answer to 1.d4"
    That would be suited as a discussion not a poll.
  5. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 04:48
    I suppose...

#1 should still be done though...
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 06:13
    Contrary to popular misconceptions, Xanth does not run these forums, or have any say in their direction. He is just another annoying little troll with an over inflated opinion of himself.

He's exactly the same IRL.

skeeter
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 06:56
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Contrary to popular misconceptions, Xanth does not run these forums, or have any say in their direction. He is just another annoying little troll with an over inflated opinion of himself.

skeeter
    Quite a high opinion of your judgement when you couldn't even manage to not get fired from the simplest job on campus (outside of selling beer to students).
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 07:13
    I suppose...

#1 should still be done though...
    I'm guessing you are from CC, as all the changes you have asked for are in line with the forum there. I don't see how any of these changes would enhance the forum, and they definitely wouldn't enhance my chess playing experience.....i vote no on all four 😛
  9. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 07:36
    Polls are crap. You are crap.
    You seem very moody of late. Ladies are plagued by hormone swings. What's your excuse?
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 07:38
    Quite a high opinion of your judgement when you couldn't even manage to not get fired from the simplest job on campus (outside of selling beer to students).
    Oh, I'm still here honey, so the irony is all on you.

skeeter
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 13:55

skeeter
    Don't you find it the least bit disconcerting that the comments you have for Xanthos could easily be applied to yourself?

"Contrary to popular misconceptions, Skeeter does not run these forums, or have any say in their direction. She is just another annoying little troll with an over inflated opinion of herself.

She's exactly the same IRL."
  12. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 15:43

skeeter
    Thank you, I appreciate your input I really do, but I am more than capable of forming my own opinion aboot others. 🙂
  13. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 15:45
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I'm guessing you are from CC, as all the changes you have asked for are in line with the forum there. I don't see how any of these changes would enhance the forum, and they definitely wouldn't enhance my chess playing experience.....i vote no on all four 😛
    Actually no, I'm not from CC and have never been there. I guess I can see why some would be opposed to 2-4 by what do you have against 1? What's wrong with letting people edit their posts?
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 16:03
    Actually no, I'm not from CC and have never been there. I guess I can see why some would be opposed to 2-4 by what do you have against 1? What's wrong with letting people edit their posts?
    There are a few things that can be a problem with users editing what they said.

2 days ago you might have thought something really stupid, and said it. People come in and tell you that you are way off the mark, and that isn't right at all.

You take some time and look some stuff up... change your mind and change your text. Next, you can say you'd never said anything like that, "see what I wrote". There is the new text you changed after realizing you were totally wrong about a subject.

On top of that, people reply and quote to what you've written. Do those all change now too?

A user could also abuse this feature and just change every one of their posts to say something totally new having nothing to do with the subject at all.

Also, moderators would need to read same posts over and over as a user might change them. Some user could throw random swears or other offensive things into these new edits. It would make more work for the moderators.

An hour is plenty of time to decide if you need to edit something, other than that, what you wrote should stay.

P-
  15. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 16:06
    1 - Why would you want to delete or edit a post more than one hour after making it, unless so you could deny posting it in the first place? If it takes you longer that 1 hour to realise you've posted something stupid then tough. Try thinking before you post next time. If you need to add or correct something, post again.
    2 - they add nothing except to the length of the page
    3 - are polls ever useful or entertaining?
    4 - I've never had to send more than 10 PMs in 1 day, although I have no direct objection to this. But if you need to chat with one person a lot, or to a subgroup of more than 10 at the same time, why not organise to do so using another format?

You asked in another forum why there are some subs who show animosity towards non-subs - I think you'll find the animosity (deserved or not) is usually reserved for non-subs who start insisting on improvements and complaining that the services they get for free aren't enough.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree