1. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 16:58
    You take some time and look some stuff up... change your mind and change your text. Next, you can say you'd never said anything like that, "see what I wrote". There is the new text you changed after realizing you were totally wrong about a subject.

Well I was thinking of putting the time of the last edit onto the post, this way people can tell when you edited it.

On top of that, people reply and quote to what you've written. Do those all change now too?

No, those stay the same...

Also, moderators would need to read same posts over and over as a user might change them. Some user could throw random swears or other offensive things into these new edits. It would make more work for the moderators.

Fair enough...
  2. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 17:041 edit
    1 - Try thinking before you post next time.

Thinking before I post? Gee, I never thought of that before....

2 - they add nothing except to the length of the page

Ah yes, just imagine what would happen to our poor scrolling fingers...having have to scroll so much... 🙄

3 - are polls ever useful or entertaining?

Yes...but then again, I'm very easily entertained...

4 - I've never had to send more than 10 PMs in 1 day, although I have no direct objection to this. But if you need to chat with one person a lot, or to a subgroup of more than 10 at the same time, why not organise to do so using another format?

I guess I'll have to 🙁

You asked in another forum why there are some subs who show animosity towards non-subs - I think you'll find the animosity (deserved or not) is usually reserved for non-subs who start insisting on improvements and complaining that the services they get for free aren't enough.

Who's complaining? I am just making some suggestions, and posting ideas on how this site could be improved. 🙂
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    24 Mar '07 14:24
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Well I was thinking of putting the time of the last edit onto the post, this way people can tell when you edited it.
    Even with the time there, it still does not eliminate the problems that Phlabibit mentioned. I think having an hour is plenty of time to make adjustments (maybe even a little too long. 😕 ).
  4. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    24 Mar '07 15:47
    I didn't know you had an hour to edit posts. I thought they would be locked once someone had responded. This would be more like a real conversation where you can't take back words once they've been heard. If it is a mistake you just have to apologise and say what you really meant.
  5. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    24 Mar '07 20:31
    Originally posted by lausey
    Even with the time there, it still does not eliminate the problems that Phlabibit mentioned.
    Yes I know, I see the problem now. 🙂
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by Mixo
    I didn't know you had an hour to edit posts. I thought they would be locked once someone had responded. This would be more like a real conversation where you can't take back words once they've been heard. If it is a mistake you just have to apologise and say what you really meant.
    I think that will be a good solution for posts that have been replied and quoted.

EDIT: As well as some time limit.
  7. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 19:03
    Originally posted by Raven69
    I don't know if this was brought up already or not.

1 - Being able to delete your posts...or at least always edit them.
    2 - Signatures for posts.
    3 - Ability to attach polls to threads.
    4 - Please, please raise the minimum of private messages a day to 15...!
    Looking at these suggestions, the only reason top allow for editing at any time woud be for spelling errors, and that isn't a good enough reason for it. Although the ridicule for said spelling and grammer mistakes does get carried away a bit. Still not worth the change in the current policy.

Signatures, no way

The site offers votes on topics worth having votes for. The closest things to polls I think we really need here.

As active as I am on this site, I haven't sent 10 pm's in a day more than a couple times. To prevent spamming, keep it at 10. The line drawn is a good one. If you need to have a lengthier conversation, use an MSN messenger, Yahoo IM, ICQ, AIM or any other Messenger that is out there.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 22:28
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    grammer
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 Mar '07 01:32
    I don't necessarily agree with the post editing or signing or PM limits, but the polls aren't that bad of an idea...I've often been hesitant on whether or not to read posts, especially if they cite a lengthy internet article...so that suggestion might have potential...
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Mar '07 02:32
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I don't necessarily agree with the post editing or signing or PM limits, but the polls aren't that bad of an idea...I've often been hesitant on whether or not to read posts, especially if they cite a lengthy internet article...so that suggestion might have potential...
    WHAT?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree