Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member dfm65
    The Godfather
    23 Nov '04 22:53
    I would like to be able to block reminder msgs by setting a flag. options to either block all reminders, or just from a list of named players. anyone else?
  2. 24 Nov '04 00:34
    Originally posted by dfm65
    I would like to be able to block reminder msgs by setting a flag. options to either block all reminders, or just from a list of named players. anyone else?
    Hear, hear!
  3. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    24 Nov '04 00:36 / 1 edit
    Reminders suck.

D
  4. Standard member pendejo
    GTX
    24 Nov '04 00:55
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Reminders suck.

D
    and so say all of us.

5. Standard member dfm65
    The Godfather
    24 Nov '04 13:38 / 1 edit
    Reminders suck.

D
    yeah, i have some in my inbox every day. i don't pay any attention to them, except to delete them. i use those little clocks to tell me when i need to move in a particular game...

EDIT: most of the time i move faster, but i have 86 games going (recently down from 100+), and not much time to play right now...
  6. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    24 Nov '04 14:09
    Originally posted by dfm65
    yeah, i have some in my inbox every day. i don't pay any attention to them, except to delete them. i use those little clocks to tell me when i need to move in a particular game...

EDIT: most of the time i move faster, but i have 86 games going (recently down from 100+), and not much time to play right now...
    I just use filters now to put all my emails from RHP out of the way where I don't have to look at them. Works quite well.

D
  7. 24 Nov '04 21:36
    Another advantage to blocking reminders is that it lowers the amount of email that Russ has to send out as a whole. It may improve performance/bandwidth.
  8. 25 Nov '04 00:25
    Originally posted by Pie1120
    Another advantage to blocking reminders is that it lowers the amount of email that Russ has to send out as a whole. It may improve performance/bandwidth.
    ... just as drinking from the lake might help lower it's level.
  9. Standard member dfm65
    The Godfather
    25 Nov '04 01:19
    I just use filters now to put all my emails from RHP out of the way where I don't have to look at them. Works quite well.

D
    yeah, that's a good idea, but sometimes RHP sends something useful, like notice that a new round of a tournament you are in has started. i guess the filter could be made smart enough to handle that, but it seems to me it would be nice feature if you could stop RHP from sending reminders.
  10. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    27 Nov '04 10:19
    I think the remindersystem is good and it should not be possible to block then (this is just against the idea of reminders!), but they could be improved:
    * restrict the number of reminders to be sent
    * let just send reminders when the timebank is running
    * there should allways be 5 days between two remidners
    * show in mygames that I've already sent 3 reminders in this game (this makes t/o easier...
    th
  11. Standard member gumbie
    The man himself
    20 Dec '04 09:23
    I would really really like an option to block reminders