Ability to watch games

Ability to watch games

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
04 May 07

My idea is much like that of the ebay "what an item". This watching of an item allows a buyer or seller to keep track of that item, without having to continually searching for it.

I thought the same would be good for public games. If there is a game that you would like to find out the result of, or watch the status of it when you log in, you can go in your "my games" tab and be a list of all watching games.

Please post what you think.

r

Moves
04 May 07

..i find that if you make a keyhole out of old brown paper and paste it over the screen and peek in you can see a game...try it...

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by richy17
My idea is much like that of the ebay "what an item". This watching of an item allows a buyer or seller to keep track of that item, without having to continually searching for it.

I thought the same would be good for public games. If there is a game that you would like to find out the result of, or watch the status of it when you log in, you can go in your "my games" tab and be a list of all watching games.

i think it's a cool idea

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
04 May 07

Great idea.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
05 May 07

Do you mean games between two other people?

I usually know when a move has been made in my games, so I don't see the point of such a feature for games I'm playing myself.

Or do you want a folder, similar to the ones in "My Games", where you can put other peoples' games that you're interested in following?

r

Moves
05 May 07

I mean other peoples public games. I hope they do add this feature as i really like watching others peoples games as well as playing my own.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 May 07

Use your browser's bookmark feature.

D

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
05 May 07
1 edit

I like this idea very much. This would be interesting for keeping up with any game that appears interesting, and it would help clan leaders, too, in keeping up with clan-related games more quickly than scrolling through each and every clan challenge.

Edit: I would rec it, but I'm out. 🙁

r

Moves
06 May 07

Thanks for all your posts. I hate having to search up games as well, so i do hope the kind makers of red hot pawn include this feature.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 May 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Use your browser's bookmark feature.

D
I thought of that, but this feature would show a lot more info than a link does. It would be updated like your own game list, knowing who moved last and when.

If there were a separate game list like this, I might use the feature.

Other than that, if it never happens Bookmarks and Favorites is the best option.

P-

M

Moves
07 May 07

I suppose it depends on where you play. If you are travelling a lot, and have to use the local internet cafes (or even if you haven't got your own computer and have to use a friends machine) then a kibbitz function would be excellent. I can see that if you always play on your home machine, it's a bit of a moot point.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 May 07

Originally posted by ManicSpider
I suppose it depends on where you play. If you are travelling a lot, and have to use the local internet cafes (or even if you haven't got your own computer and have to use a friends machine) then a kibbitz function would be excellent. I can see that if you always play on your home machine, it's a bit of a moot point.
Firefox ALWAYS has an answer.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2365

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 May 07

This is a very simple addition that has been considered in the past, so I'll make it so after reviewing the comments here.

-Russ

s
Astrophysicist

Outer Space

Moves
09 May 07

This would be a nice addition Russ. Please add it 🙂

r

Moves
19 May 07

Anyone know when this feature may be added?