Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 04 May '07 20:18
    My idea is much like that of the ebay "what an item". This watching of an item allows a buyer or seller to keep track of that item, without having to continually searching for it.

I thought the same would be good for public games. If there is a game that you would like to find out the result of, or watch the status of it when you log in, you can go in your "my games" tab and be a list of all watching games.

Please post what you think.
  2. 04 May '07 21:25
    ..i find that if you make a keyhole out of old brown paper and paste it over the screen and peek in you can see a game...try it...
  3. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    04 May '07 21:49
    Originally posted by richy17
    My idea is much like that of the ebay "what an item". This watching of an item allows a buyer or seller to keep track of that item, without having to continually searching for it.

I thought the same would be good for public games. If there is a game that you would like to find out the result of, or watch the status of it when you log in, you can go in your "my games" tab and be a list of all watching games.

i think it's a cool idea
  4. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    04 May '07 23:55
    Great idea.
  5. Standard member c99ux
    'Sir' to you
    05 May '07 00:28

Do you mean games between two other people?

I usually know when a move has been made in my games, so I don't see the point of such a feature for games I'm playing myself.

Or do you want a folder, similar to the ones in "My Games", where you can put other peoples' games that you're interested in following?
  6. 05 May '07 14:19
    I mean other peoples public games. I hope they do add this feature as i really like watching others peoples games as well as playing my own.
  7. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    05 May '07 16:42

Use your browser's bookmark feature.

D
  8. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    05 May '07 22:02 / 1 edit
    I like this idea very much. This would be interesting for keeping up with any game that appears interesting, and it would help clan leaders, too, in keeping up with clan-related games more quickly than scrolling through each and every clan challenge.

Edit: I would rec it, but I'm out.
  9. 06 May '07 12:33
    Thanks for all your posts. I hate having to search up games as well, so i do hope the kind makers of red hot pawn include this feature.
  10. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    06 May '07 16:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Use your browser's bookmark feature.

D
    I thought of that, but this feature would show a lot more info than a link does. It would be updated like your own game list, knowing who moved last and when.

If there were a separate game list like this, I might use the feature.

Other than that, if it never happens Bookmarks and Favorites is the best option.

P-
  11. 07 May '07 21:39
    I suppose it depends on where you play. If you are travelling a lot, and have to use the local internet cafes (or even if you haven't got your own computer and have to use a friends machine) then a kibbitz function would be excellent. I can see that if you always play on your home machine, it's a bit of a moot point.
  12. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    08 May '07 08:11
    Originally posted by ManicSpider
    I suppose it depends on where you play. If you are travelling a lot, and have to use the local internet cafes (or even if you haven't got your own computer and have to use a friends machine) then a kibbitz function would be excellent. I can see that if you always play on your home machine, it's a bit of a moot point.
    Firefox ALWAYS has an answer.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2365

D
  13. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    08 May '07 11:12
    This is a very simple addition that has been considered in the past, so I'll make it so after reviewing the comments here.

-Russ
  14. Standard member sven1000
    Astrophysicist
    09 May '07 17:31
    This would be a nice addition Russ. Please add it
  15. 19 May '07 11:07
    Anyone know when this feature may be added?