Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Joined
    03 May '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 20:18
    My idea is much like that of the ebay "what an item". This watching of an item allows a buyer or seller to keep track of that item, without having to continually searching for it.

I thought the same would be good for public games. If there is a game that you would like to find out the result of, or watch the status of it when you log in, you can go in your "my games" tab and be a list of all watching games.

Please post what you think.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '07 21:25
    ..i find that if you make a keyhole out of old brown paper and paste it over the screen and peek in you can see a game...try it...
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 May '07 21:49
    Originally posted by richy17
    My idea is much like that of the ebay "what an item". This watching of an item allows a buyer or seller to keep track of that item, without having to continually searching for it.

I thought the same would be good for public games. If there is a game that you would like to find out the result of, or watch the status of it when you log in, you can go in your "my games" tab and be a list of all watching games.

i think it's a cool idea
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 May '07 23:55
    Great idea.
  5. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    05 May '07 00:28

Do you mean games between two other people?

I usually know when a move has been made in my games, so I don't see the point of such a feature for games I'm playing myself.

Or do you want a folder, similar to the ones in "My Games", where you can put other peoples' games that you're interested in following?
  6. Joined
    03 May '07
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:19
    I mean other peoples public games. I hope they do add this feature as i really like watching others peoples games as well as playing my own.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 May '07 16:42

Use your browser's bookmark feature.

D
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    05 May '07 22:021 edit
    I like this idea very much. This would be interesting for keeping up with any game that appears interesting, and it would help clan leaders, too, in keeping up with clan-related games more quickly than scrolling through each and every clan challenge.

Edit: I would rec it, but I'm out. 🙁
  9. Joined
    03 May '07
    Moves
    06 May '07 12:33
    Thanks for all your posts. I hate having to search up games as well, so i do hope the kind makers of red hot pawn include this feature.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 May '07 16:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Use your browser's bookmark feature.

D
    I thought of that, but this feature would show a lot more info than a link does. It would be updated like your own game list, knowing who moved last and when.

If there were a separate game list like this, I might use the feature.

Other than that, if it never happens Bookmarks and Favorites is the best option.

P-
  11. Joined
    14 Apr '07
    Moves
    07 May '07 21:39
    I suppose it depends on where you play. If you are travelling a lot, and have to use the local internet cafes (or even if you haven't got your own computer and have to use a friends machine) then a kibbitz function would be excellent. I can see that if you always play on your home machine, it's a bit of a moot point.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 May '07 08:11
    Originally posted by ManicSpider
    I suppose it depends on where you play. If you are travelling a lot, and have to use the local internet cafes (or even if you haven't got your own computer and have to use a friends machine) then a kibbitz function would be excellent. I can see that if you always play on your home machine, it's a bit of a moot point.
    Firefox ALWAYS has an answer.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2365

D
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '07 11:12
    This is a very simple addition that has been considered in the past, so I'll make it so after reviewing the comments here.

-Russ
  14. Standard membersven1000
    Astrophysicist
    Outer Space
    Moves
    09 May '07 17:31
    This would be a nice addition Russ. Please add it 🙂
  15. Joined
    03 May '07
    Moves
    19 May '07 11:07
    Anyone know when this feature may be added?