1. Belfast
    Moves
    30 Apr '06 19:00
    Would it not make sense to allow more than one FEN position in a post instead of having to make a post for each position you want to show?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '06 17:02
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    Would it not make sense to allow more than one FEN position in a post instead of having to make a post for each position you want to show?
    No, because the posts would get too long with multiple diagrams. RHP runs 15 posts to a page, and limiting post size keeps pages to a reasonable length.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 May '06 05:27
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    ..RHP runs 15 posts to a page, and limiting post size keeps pages to a reasonable length.
    So what's the "post size limit" then?
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    04 May '06 06:08
    No, because the posts would get too long with multiple diagrams. RHP runs 15 posts to a page, and limiting post size keeps pages to a reasonable length.
    I read forums where they run 40 posts to a page with longer limits and allowed inline images and that's fine for page length. I often find 15 posts a page annoying as I'm constantly have to go to the next page when reading a long thread.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 May '06 16:59
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    So what's the "post size limit" then?
    I think it is 2000 characters, but don't quote me on it.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 May '06 17:01
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I read forums where they run 40 posts to a page with longer limits and allowed inline images and that's fine for page length. I often find 15 posts a page annoying as I'm constantly have to go to the next page when reading a long thread.
    Russ is probably trying to show mercy to those poor souls still on dial up.
  7. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 May '06 18:04
    so why not, like some other forums do, let the users decide how many posts they want to see on a page, by a setting in "My Settings" ?
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    04 May '06 19:37
    I think it is 2000 characters, but don't quote me on it.
    It's a lot more than that, that's the limit for Private Messages and you can get a lot more into a forum post than into one of those.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 May '06 06:35
    Originally posted by aging blitzer
    so why not, like some other forums do, let the users decide how many posts they want to see on a page, by a setting in "My Settings" ?
    The main down side to that is if I say, "see page 17 of this thread for details", my page 17 is not the same as someone with different settings.
  10. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 May '06 09:23
    so we need a unique post number listed with the date/time of the post.
    then you can say "see post number x for details"

that would make it easier than having to give the date/time of the post you are referring to
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 May '06 16:43

that would make it easier than having to give the date/time of the post you are referring to
    The date and time change with the time zone of the user, but a post numbering system would do the trick...
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 May '06 23:581 edit

Maybe Ouroboros could use this link to make that possible...
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=37005&page=11#post_643646

All the information is stored there.
    An interface to enter all the info might be clunky, so I wonder if it would be possible to show a link to be copied under each forum post. The writing could be quite small. There could also be loads of better ways of implementing it. That was the first thing that came to mind.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree