Abusive threads should not be started

Abusive threads should not be started

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

timed out again

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

This thread Thread 134242 serves no purpose at all in Only Chess forum and should be removed immediately.

That thread has breached several sections of the forum posting guidelines at http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=forumguide

e4

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

If you paid a sub then you could have alerted the forum mod
instead of posting here.

So just what is the big idea? 😉

The lad expressed an opinion (OK he could have been a bit tamer)
but a few lads there agreed with him.

He was fed up seeing blitz game after blitz game getting posted.

Cannot see any TOS violations except him expressing an opinion.

I've seen a lot worse posted on this site.

(why not challenge him to a game of blitz and post the win safe
in the knowledge that if he wins then he can never post it). 😵

e

timed out again

Moves
01 Oct 10

My thread which was a response to that one and people opposed to blitz was removed because it had the word retard in it, which some considered offensive. This guy is breaching the TOS by

- ranting.
- including an offensive word in the title.
- harassment of other members of the chess community.

e4

Moves
01 Oct 10

I never saw your banned post so no comment there.

(though if you do a forum search you will find threads with 'retard' in it,
Including one titled 'Where are all the gay retards?
So perhaps take it up with the mod who pulled it.'😉

If ranting was not allowed every now and then,
then we would all turn into roof top snipers.

Calling a game lame is not offensive.
Scrap the word lame or any similiar word and
chess annotation would be quite restricted.

a lame move, crippled pawn strcuture, the disability of doubled pawns......
are all terms found in chess books.

We have a game of chess (as in game leg) in a chess club. (as in club foot).

And as for upsetting the chess community.
As I said before only some of the community disagreed with his comments.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by enrico20
My thread which was a response to that one and people opposed to blitz was removed because it had the word retard in it, which some considered offensive. This guy is breaching the TOS by

- ranting.
This is without a doubt the funniest thread I have read since joining the site! Thanks!

e

timed out again

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
This is without a doubt the funniest thread I have read since joining the site! Thanks!
Its not a funny post. If we had a teenage subforum then that is the sort of thing expected from rude/obnoxious teenagers, but it crosses the line.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
02 Oct 10

Its not a funny post. If we had a teenage subforum then that is the sort of thing expected from rude/obnoxious teenagers, but it crosses the line.
Go and teach your grammar to those that want it 😛
Have you never heard of free speech ??
If you disagree with a comment then say so but you are not in a position to gag others.
If gags were being handed out start with the monkeys in metallica

e

timed out again

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by Mctayto
Go and teach your grammar to those that want it 😛
Have you never heard of free speech ??
If you disagree with a comment then say so but you are not in a position to gag others.
If gags were being handed out start with the monkeys in metallica
"Free speech"? Is that why my post with "retard" was removed but the guy's post with the following violations remains :-

- ranting.

I'm not in a position to "gag others", but I'm in a position "to be gagged". Well done on pointing out this contradiction/double standard.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Oct 10
1 edit

"Free speech"? Is that why my post with "retard" was removed but the guy's post with the following violations remains :-

- ranting.

I'm not in a position to "gag others", but I'm in a position "to be gagged". Well done on pointing out this contradiction/double standard.
Once you get people against you they will report any slight "infraction".

A quick site search

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?cx=partner-pub-7223135531615880%3Aqamvfx-wvgd&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=retard&sa=Search&siteurl=www.redhotpawn.com%2Fboard%2Fsearch.php#1055

for the word retard reveals 10 examples so it means that the post reporter was doing it because it was "you" rather than the use of the word.

After all if they find the word offensive then they should report all examples.

Did you report the thread in question? If so and nothing has been done then there is little more you can do.

The thread was a comment from another member regarding blitz games as they are entitled to do, there is no offensive word in the thread title, and it was not harassment as it was a general comment about blitz games.

On the other hand, they could argue that this thread is a direct attack against one particular member which could be construed as initial harassment by yourself.

Best way to deal with is to ignore the person and continue to post blitz games if you so wish - if people don't want to see or comment on these then they will get no postings and eventually drop off the page.

e

timed out again

Moves
02 Oct 10

The guy is ranting and his post is in direct contravention of forum posting guidelines. If his post does not breach any guidelines then mine also could not have breached any guidelines and should be reinstated.

There is no "report button" that you keep referring to. The forum moderator who made the judgement call for my post should use the same principles and either re-instate mine or remove a post titled "lame". That is a direct insult by itself.

e4

Moves
02 Oct 10

Sub payers see this at the bottom of a thread.

Reply Reply & Quote Alert Moderator Recommend

Alert Moderator is the button being referred too.

Recommend means you agree totally with the posted thread.
(the post in question received 4 recs.)

e

timed out again

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Sub payers see this at the bottom of a thread.

Reply Reply & Quote Alert Moderator Recommend

[b]Alert Moderator
is the button being referred too.

Recommend means you agree totally with the posted thread.
(the post in question received 4 recs.)[/b]
That is the wierdest thing I have heard in a long time and one of the reasons I will never pay to have a report post button when it is a standard feature in all forums I visit.

For example http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?act=idx when you are logged in you will see the report post button. That is available for all users of the site.

Tell me which forum you know that has thousands of users that does not have a report post function for all users.

e4

Moves
02 Oct 10

So make that your Site Idea.

Non subs should be allowed to Alert or Rec.

e

timed out again

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
So make that your [b]Site Idea.

Non subs should be allowed to Alert or Rec.[/b]
The thread title which is self explanatory, is a site idea in itself. Feel free to start additional threads with other site ideas. First things first.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Oct 10

That is the wierdest thing I have heard in a long time and one of the reasons I will never pay to have a report post button when it is a standard feature in all forums I visit.

For example http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?act=idx when you are logged in you will see the report post button. That is available for all users of the site.

Tell me which ...[text shortened]... um you know that has thousands of users that does not have a report post function for all users.
You are not paying to have a report button, you are paying to improve the site, have the ability to play more than 6 games simultaneously, join clans and enter tournaments.

It is obviously not a standard feature in all forums, as it is not standard here and there are thousands of users here.

Lame, is not abusive, if you feel it is then I would suggest you refrain form reading and/or contributing to the forums as your feelings are likely to be hurt.