1. Standard memberSirUlrich
    Love gave me wings
    Turfed Out
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 07:44
    I do not see why cheating on RHP is any worse than deliberately making malicious and false accusations.
    I say mark the accounts of those pointing a finger, just to cause trouble, with an "A" and tell them not to slam the door on their way out. The RHP community is starting to fall to pieces and the people responsible are the witch hunters.
    A small number of cheats will always be in any sport to some extent, but apart from a small influence over ratings here and there they only cheat themselves, but the accusers have more sinister motives and they will de-stabilize the site if left unchecked (sic)
    Please Russ ACT
  2. UK
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 08:04
    I agree that there does seem to be a small number of highly vocal people who throw about a lot of accusations. That's mostly why I volunteered in the other thread, because I wouldn't want the police to comprise solely fanatics.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 08:15
    Originally posted by mrmist
    I agree that there does seem to be a small number of highly vocal people who throw about a lot of accusations. That's mostly why I volunteered in the other thread, because I wouldn't want the police to comprise solely fanatics.
    That's mostly why I volunteered in the other thread, because I wouldn't want the police to comprise solely fanatics.

Like Dave Tebb and Mephisto2?
  4. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 08:28
    Originally posted by SirUlrich
    I do not see why cheating on RHP is any worse than deliberately making malicious and false accusations.
    I say mark the accounts of those pointing a finger, just to cause trouble, with an "A" and tell them not to slam the door on their way out. The RHP community is starting to fall to pieces and the people responsible are the witch hunters.
    A small n ...[text shortened]... re sinister motives and they will de-stabilize the site if left unchecked (sic)
    Please Russ ACT
    You don't think, perhaps, that your post is just a little melodramatic.

Malicious and false accusations? RHP falling apart? Sinister motives?

Last time I looked this was a chess site, not a cheap novel.

5. Standard memberSirUlrich
    Love gave me wings
    Turfed Out
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 08:36
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    You don't think, perhaps, that your post is just a little melodramatic.

Malicious and false accusations? RHP falling apart? Sinister motives?

Last time I looked this was a chess site, not a cheap novel.

LOL
    1. You obviously are not aware of the spiteful and planned PMs sent yesterday, and yes they have been forwarded to Russ
    2. A novel? yes! Cheap? no way! If this was "only a chess site" the forums would be unused. If we don't care about the community fine, we can wood push until the cows come home
  6. Standard memberSirUlrich
    Love gave me wings
    Turfed Out
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 08:491 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's mostly why I volunteered in the other thread, because I wouldn't want the police to comprise solely fanatics.

Like Dave Tebb and Mephisto2?
    David Tebb and Mephisto2 would make perfect choices if anyone has to be elected. Both very strong players, very intelligent and very fair.

I am losing count of the number of people telling me to ignore Forevergreenwithenvy & Grayeyesofsorrow as they are the same person. But one nic is a self confessed cheat and one nic wants to be the Witch Hunter General - what gives?
    🙂
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 09:04
    David Tebb and Mephisto2 would make perfect choices if anyone has to be elected. Both very strong players, very intelligent and very fair.

I am losing count of the number of people telling me to ignore Forevergreenwithenvy & Grayeyesofsorrow as they are the same person. But one nic is a self confessed cheat and one nic wants to be the Witch Hunter General - what gives?
    🙂
    Russ has already decided that a cheat police will be formed and members elected, quite possibly by the end of the week. He has also stated that the announcement of the formation of the cheat police has already caused a number of confessions of cheating and those people have been "shown the door". He has also stated that "serial cheaters" do great harm to a site like this one. Russ is ACTING; to limit the damage done by cheaters.

"Witch hunts" were a bad thing because there actually weren't any real witches whereas it is beyond cavil that there are actual, real live cheats at RHP. The public outcry over the blatant and obvious cheating of Tlai1992 and James Woodley has clearly led to the site admins taking much needed steps to limit engine use, which is an absolutely clear violation of the TOS, and to me, and most people here, that is a positive step. I personally would prefer that cheating accusations directed at individuals not be posted in the forums anymore (I have only accused the two individuals above who's guilt is unquestionable) but to say they are "false and malicious" when you have no way to know the motives of the accusers and/or the veracity of the charges is absurd. What "sinister motives" are you alluding to? Please come right out and say what you mean rather than being so opaque.

If FGWE and Grayeyes are the same person it's the worst case of multiple personality disorder since Sybil. Maybe you should question the motives of people saying such nonsense in secret but lacking the guts to repeat it in public.
  8. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 09:32

🙂
    😞
  9. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 09:411 edit
    Point to one thread where I say I want to be "witch hunter general" or anything to the sort. I dont really care one way or the other if I get onto the chess mods. Sure I could offer help and advice, but its not as if im really pinning any hope of getting into the mods.

Isnt it ironic in a thread you started about accusations and how to deal with them and how its all wrong and tearing RHP apart etc yab

"I do not see why cheating on RHP is any worse than deliberately making malicious and false accusations.
    I say mark the accounts of those pointing a finger, just to cause trouble, with an "A" and tell them not to slam the door on their way out"

You start off so high and mighty and only 3 posts later you make the most stupid of all accusations to date.

ignore Forevergreenwithenvy & Grayeyesofsorrow as they are the same person

You might want to get off your high horse and look at your hands, because they are getting a bit muddy.

So by your standards if you want to kick me, or give me an "A" you have to have one too.
  10. Standard memberSirUlrich
    Love gave me wings
    Turfed Out
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 09:58
    I suppose technically I would award you a "C" and an "A" so I would still be playing catchup 🙂
    Anyway let's not let things get out of hand
  11. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 10:01
    I suppose technically I would award you a "C" and an "A" so I would still be playing catchup 🙂
    Why a C ?
  12. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 10:24
    Lets count the number of accusations you've made in this thread.

1. ignore Forevergreenwithenvy & Grayeyesofsorrow as they are the same person

2. one nic wants to be the Witch Hunter General - what gives

3. I suppose technically I would award you a "C" and an "A" so I would still be playing catchup

Firstly, do you believe your original post should apply to yourself, yes or no?
    If yes, will you ask for an "A" to be put in your profile, and i'll ask the same.

Secondly, do you think you are hypocritical? Again yes or no.

Thirdly, you implied other people suggested me and FGWE are the same person, isnt that a witch hunt too ?

Fourthly, just say who told you, me and FGWE are the same person and it can be cleared up quickly, or dont you want to clear it up?
  13. Standard memberSirUlrich
    Love gave me wings
    Turfed Out
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 10:42
    Originally posted by Grayeyesofsorrow

you implied other people suggested me and FGWE are the same person, isnt that a witch hunt too ?

Fourthly, just say who told you, me and FGWE are the same person and it can be cleared up quickly, or dont you want to clear it up?
    Please calm down - you are getting hysterical
    I didn't imply that other people had made any such suggestion.
    Surely the person to clear this up is you and FGWE - although as a self confessed cheat why should we believe him?
    🙂
  14. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 10:483 edits
    Please calm down - you are getting hysterical
    Surely the person to clear this up is you and FGWE - although as a self confessed cheat why should we believe him?
    🙂
    I'll take that as a yes you're hypocritical, which makes you even worse than me, although I do accuse people I dont bash other people around the head for doing the same.

SirUlrich(A) said....."I am losing count of the number of people telling me to ignore Forevergreenwithenvy & Grayeyesofsorrow(A) as they are the same person. But one nic is a self confessed cheat and one nic wants to be the Witch Hunter General - what gives?"

Maybe its just me but I think you did imply that other people had made that suggestion.

And your last statement is wrong. There are several people who know for sure im not FGWE. If you digged a little you would probably die from laughter at the thought.
  15. London
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 10:56

🙂
    Witch-Hunter General? Surely you mean Chief Inquisitor? Although, I think GEOS would be horrified at the thought of succeeding Ratzinger (being, as his posts sometimes suggests, something of a freethinker). 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree