1. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 22:06
    I would find it useful if, as well as the amount of time you had left, the computer told you the deadline, e.g. "Black has until Saturday 18 October at 11.23 to move (2 days 21 hours, 11 minutes)". I know I can work it out but "date arithmetic" is fiddly.

I would value, in particular, the day of the week. Just "18 October" is a lot less useful than "Saturday 18 October". Even better would be "this Saturday" or "two weeks this Saturday" etc.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 22:09
    Originally posted by d36366
    I would find it useful if, as well as the amount of time you had left, the computer told you the deadline, e.g. "Black has until Saturday 18 October at 11.23 to move (2 days 21 hours, 11 minutes)". I know I can work it out but "date arithmetic" is fiddly.

I would value, in particular, the day of the week. Just "18 October" is a lot less useful than "Satur ...[text shortened]... 18 October". Even better would be "this Saturday" or "two weeks this Saturday" etc.
    You want all that text on the My Games screen for every game?

D
  3. West Virginia
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 02:43
    I believe this would really make the My Games page way too cluttered. I would rather just keep the current countdown. It seems much more logical to me and quite easy to figure out "Hey! I'd better make a move!".
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 13:39
    Originally posted by d36366

I would value, in particular, the day of the week. Just "18 October" is a lot less useful than "Satur ...[text shortened]... 18 October". Even better would be "this Saturday" or "two weeks this Saturday" etc.
    I don't know what today is... but I do know I have 3 days to move in a game.

P-
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 14:55
    I say that the countdown thingy is good. You can with a bare glance see that you are in time trouble when you have 0 days with some hours left of time, rather than a special date and time when the time goes out.

I vote for no change.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree