1. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 19:021 edit
    As a rampant skull-clicker myself, I realize that this may not be the most popular suggestion.

Could we add a total # of timeouts claimed to the User Profile page?

Since folks seem to place a lot of weight on whether or not someone claims the timeout, having this total reflected on everyone's profile page would assist clan leaders in assessing challenges, as well as helping everybody know what they can expect a bit more clearly than a simple statement like "I claim timeouts."
  2. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 19:03
    Another thought: maybe a "Games Lost to Timeout" count as well.
  3. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 08:24
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    I've stomped 107 skulls...
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 09:361 edit
    In my opinion it is meaningless how many games were timed out.
    There are several different reasons why timeouts occur.
  5. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    01 Jan '07 11:51
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    In my opinion it is meaningless how many games were timed out.
    There are several different reasons why timeouts occur.
    Agreed.
    Whether you claim timeouts or not does not make you a bad or a good person. Sometimes the decision to take a skull depends on how the opponent is behaving - simple statistics will not show this.
  6. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 20:59
    Perhaps it's meaningless. I still think that having the data visible helps provide a more accurate measurement of playing tendencies.
  7. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 21:20
    why would you timeout anyways?
    If only you had the option to draw when necassary (Say, when you are actually being killed, and your opponent is late. Then, I would draw.)

I have done 1 timeout, and nobody has ever timed me out.
  8. Standard memberPaulisfree2be
    Shanghai China
    Shanghai
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 22:55
    This would be a nice extra stat to have.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 03:23
    ...how about a skull on your page that starts yellow and as you take timouts and click on the skulls it turns redder just like the subscriber stars..
  10. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 23:26
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...how about a skull on your page that starts yellow and as you take timouts and click on the skulls it turns redder just like the subscriber stars..
    Oooh. Maybe, when high enough, it would drip blood, instead of spinning like the star.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '07 03:181 edit
    How would you know if the person had timed his clearly losing opponent out because they were refusing to move?
    How do you know if the person timed his opponent out 1 minute after the time ran out - even though the opponent was clearly winning?
    How would you know whatever the reason was?
    You would have to have each one explained for it to indicate anything.

It's a completely ridiculous idea; it makes no sense at all.

There may be more sense to showing how many games a player had lost by timeouts.
  12. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    14 Jan '07 05:04
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    Remember that in the tournament the T/O is automatically claimed after 48 hours. The winner cannot stop this type of T/O win. This would give an impression that the person is claiming a lot T/O's despite these are automatic T/Os.
    On the other hand, I have also lost several games to T/Os, probably hundreds of losses and wins.

Harri / Luck
  13. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 20:26
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    How would you know if the person had timed his clearly losing opponent out because they were refusing to move?
    How do you know if the person timed his opponent out 1 minute after the time ran out - even though the opponent was clearly winning?
    How would you know whatever the reason was?
    You would have to have each one explained for it to indicate a ...[text shortened]... all.

There may be more sense to showing how many games a player had lost by timeouts.
    Hmm. I disagree -- a timeout is a timeout, regardless of the reason why it's taken. I wouldn't need to know why Person X claims them. All I need to know is that they are claimed.

I would know, if there were a high number of them, that I should make sure that I wasn't screwing around on time. I would also want my opponents to know the same with respect to me.

In the end, I was posing the question from the hypothetical standpoint of someone who sometimes runs out of timebank. I'll admit that I am not that person; I have never been timed out. I was trying to think about what a hypothetical opponent might find useful in choosing a game with someone he or she doesn't know.

I'm fine without it, of course, as I experience no remorse whatsoever when clicking skulls.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree