1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 12:55
    Sometimes, I want to find a particular player on the site, mainly to do with looking at their record against one of my clan players.
    Trouble is I'm not always sure of their EXACT name so a search by what I THINK is correct often returns "not recognised"
    A filter on the players list to search it alphabetically would at least give me a chance -providing I get the first letter right of course!!
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 13:34
    If I look up players for clan challenges I click them via their name either in the challenge sent to me or on the clan page, when I look for a challenge.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 15:372 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If I look up players for clan challenges I click them via their name either in the challenge sent to me or on the clan page, when I look for a challenge.
    Yes I realise that and I do also.
    I also have my own database of who my players have played and whether they won, drew or lost(I never give them repeat challenges against players they have lost both games to!!).
    I was going to try and sophisticate it a bit by looking at the games they had won but not by timeout as timeout wins obviously doesn't reflect a players ability.
    Unfortunately my database has abbreviated names -as you know some of the names on here are very long, and unless I get the exact name -including capitals the search fails.
    When I'm looking for challenges I know I can always go to "more xxx versus yyy" but if I had the info already it would save me time.
    I'm almost sure the old site listed players alphabetically but maybe not.
    Sorry for rambling on.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 16:08
    Originally posted by venda
    Yes I realise that and I do also.
    I also have my own database of who my players have played and whether they won, drew or lost(I never give them repeat challenges against players they have lost both games to!!).
    I was going to try and sophisticate it a bit by looking at the games they had won but not by timeout as timeout wins obviously doesn't reflect a pl ...[text shortened]... most sure the old site listed players alphabetically but maybe not.
    Sorry for rambling on.
    No Problem at all about going on an issue. It was me who didn't get your meaning, so any clarification is welcome.

You can do it already if you go for Player list you can begin with A the you get Players beginning with A. Of course more than one letter would probably be necessary, taking into account that we do have more than 450.000 registered users.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 17:00
    ok thanks.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Aug '13 22:20
    This site is a bit short on lists, relying way too much on the search function - which must chew up a heap of server time. Try doing a forum posts search from a profile - if I get a result at all it could be 5 minutes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree