An Anonymous option.

An Anonymous option.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W

DISCO!

Moves
15 May 11

When posting it would be a cool idea if there was an option for the post to be identified as an "anonymous user".
How many times have you wanted to call a good friend (of which I have none but is besides the point) a right fool for their last comment.

Administration would still know the identity but the community would not.

Australia

Moves
16 May 11

Interesting idea. Have you considered what the evil ones among us would do with that feature?

W

DISCO!

Moves
16 May 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
Interesting idea. Have you considered what the evil ones among us would do with that feature?
Provoke a response probably, at least there would be something to read.

For me it would turn into a fun game of working out the identity.
Unlike the game itself, the conversational interaction has no rating points so its a feature that could be implemented straight away.

The site would still have control over what is posted because it would not be anonymous to them, and unless they [the site admins] submitted actual proof of a anonymous posters identity, it will always be a mystery.

The feature could be given to an account holder that has been present for over a year, meaning new account holders would have to post under a visible identity (that would also give the rest of us a chance to work out their writing style)

I think an experiment allowing us ten monthly anonymous options would be fun to observe.

I bet Chris and Russ would love to share their thoughts without compromising their identity, imagine our last interaction where I lost the plot with you and engaged in an outburst that I eventually ended up apologising for, now imagine if I originally posted anonymously but apologised and did the decent thing and used my identity.

Oh the drama, the fun.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
16 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Woodgie
When posting it would be a cool idea if there was an option for the post to be identified as "I don't have the balls to say this using my real ID)".
How many times have you wanted to call a good friend (of which I have none but is besides the point) a right fool for their last comment.

Fixed

Australia

Moves
16 May 11

Provoke a response probably, at least there would be something to read.

For me it would turn into a fun game of working out the identity.
Unlike the game itself, the conversational interaction has no rating points so its a feature that could be implemented straight away.

The site would still have control over what is posted because it would not be ano ...[text shortened]... ymously but apologised and did the decent thing and used my identity.

Oh the drama, the fun.
On second thoughts, it may be a good idea. After all, an anonymous stalker/abuser is no worse than one with a familiar alias. Most people on this site already hide behind their username. Think I'll do a rec.

W

DISCO!

Moves
16 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by adramforall
Fixed
That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Edit: You slippery genius.

Moves
17 May 11

When posting it would be a cool idea if there was an option for the post to be identified as an "anonymous user".

What a ridiculous idea.

y

Delft, Netherlands

Moves
17 May 11

At least mr. Troll would be happy.

W

DISCO!

Moves
17 May 11

Originally posted by Forum Moderator
What a ridiculous idea.
You anonymous beast.

Oh the fun, oh the drama.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
18 May 11

Jesus wept.

skeeter

W

DISCO!

Moves
18 May 11

Originally posted by Forum Moderator
What a ridiculous idea.
How could 3 people (so far) think this is not an absolutely fantastic idea?

Moves
19 May 11

How could 3 people (so far) think this is not an absolutely fantastic idea?
It's only three because the rest of us are trying to find a way to reply without using so much invective that the post gets pulled.

Sorry mate, your idea does suck basketballs through a straw.

Richard

W

DISCO!

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
It's only three because the rest of us are trying to find a way to reply without using so much invective that the post gets pulled.

Sorry mate, your idea does suck basketballs through a straw.

Richard
It is such a bad idea that 5 (and counting) have anonymously and ironically dismissed it as a bad idea.

OH the irony of it.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
20 May 11

No, just the stupidity of it.

skeets

y

Delft, Netherlands

Moves
20 May 11

It is such a bad idea that 5 (and counting) have anonymously and ironically dismissed it as a bad idea.

OH the irony of it.
The recommend button is also here to show who you agree with, not because it is anonymous. It is not really necessary to say the same thing twice is it?

I was one of the few that recommended it, because this forum is not 4chan.