1. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 16:41
    I don't know whether this has been suggested before, but myself and two colleagues have been members for about 3 months now. We think the site is very good but the one thing we find frustrating is the fact that, if you get to the end of a series of moves on the Analyse Board, you cannot take back the last move played.

So, when you are analysing a combination on the Analyse Board which starts with, say, 4 forced moves followed by a variety of variations after that, and you want to go back, you have to play the 4 forced moves out every time. It would be better if the Board had a memory so that you could go back to anywhere in that line.

Is this possible?
  2. Joined
    15 Nov '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 20:32
    i second that
  3. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 10:56
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I don't know whether this has been suggested before, but myself and two colleagues have been members for about 3 months now. We think the site is very good but the one thing we find frustrating is the fact that, if you get to the end of a series of moves on the Analyse Board, you cannot take back the last move played.

So, when you are analysing a ...[text shortened]... the Board had a memory so that you could go back to anywhere in that line.

Is this possible?
    i like this idea too. gets a rec
  4. London
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 14:26
    Please please please please please: this is such a good idea!
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 14:31
    I agree. Being able to take back moves would make the process much more useful - and less frustrating.

It would be a great addition to the site.
  6. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 14:42

agree - would be great
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 15:342 edits
    I don't know whether this has been suggested before, but myself and two colleagues have been members for about 3 months now. We think the site is very good but the one thing we find frustrating is the fact that, if you get to the end of a series of moves on the Analyse Board ...[text shortened]... t you could go back to anywhere in that line.

Is this possible?
    This is coming - it should be available before the month is out. I am even working on part of it today. (No, really, I am! 🙂)

My current project is a whole new board interface, and this task is included within this work.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 09:12
    Thanks for letting us know - that's great news
  9. Northern Virginia
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 18:43
    Go Russ!
    And then, after that, you could add a "Make it so!" button, such that the twelve moves one has played forward in the Analyze Board window are automatically applied to the game. 😉
    Okay, maybe not....😀
  10. London
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:08
    Great news, thanks 🙂
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 02:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 10:03
    This would be a really excellent addition to the site! Perhaps add it to the game history with your analytical lines in red?
  13. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 10:06
    Another great benefit is that I often forget whether it's white or black to move.
  14. London
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:21
    bump for this idea, it's a good 'un 😀
  15. Joined
    08 Jan '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 22:51
    My current project is a whole new board interface, and this task is included within this work.
    How about a feature that allows post game analysis to be stored with each game as being discussed here http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=20942&page=3

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree