1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 14:43
    New build from direct download or from the market place link on the footer. (Clients >> Android )
  2. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 21:26
    Hey Russ, my screen is still fading out within the board view, have you been able to replicate this at all?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 09:36
    Originally posted by Tarpey
    Hey Russ, my screen is still fading out within the board view, have you been able to replicate this at all?
    I can confirm a bug. Testing fail.

If you toggle the preference when viewing the board, it should work. Otherwise it will dim as before.

Fixed on next release. Don't worry, it wont be long.

Aiming for anlayze board and game history as additional features.
  4. old pueblo
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 01:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    I can confirm a bug. Testing fail.

If you toggle the preference when viewing the board, it should work. Otherwise it will dim as before.

Fixed on next release. Don't worry, it wont be long.

Aiming for anlayze board and game history as additional features.
    Enjoying it, but only making moves at the moment. I got it from the Android market, and haven't tried to do anything else with it yet.
  5. Standard memberMrbobs
    Wang Leader
    Tower of Wang
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 16:25
    hi russ,

when i log in, i get an "authentication failed - please try again" message. every page i click on i get a blank page. i´m using a htc wildfire

thanks
    mrbobs

ps thanks for you work with this app, i`ve been looking for this exact thing
  6. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 07:56
    Feature request from me - I know it'll be down the priority list as bug fixes are first, but...

The notification icon is useful but I've noticed it takes a while to appear when a game is ready and disappear once a move is made; can we have an option to chenge the refresh interval on that? I guess a related one might be to have an option as to whether you want the notification or not.

I did also have a force close on the app last night, but as it's a beta I'm not overly concerned and it's only been the once so far.

Thanks again for the app, looking forward to seeing improvements as bugs are squashed 🙂
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 11:42
    Originally posted by jaryvan
    Feature request from me - I know it'll be down the priority list as bug fixes are first, but...

The notification icon is useful but I've noticed it takes a while to appear when a game is ready and disappear once a move is made; can we have an option to chenge the refresh interval on that? I guess a related one might be to have an option as to whether you ...[text shortened]...

Thanks again for the app, looking forward to seeing improvements as bugs are squashed 🙂
    There is an option to change the refresh period in preferences.

If you do get an error (I had one myself the other day - the service crashed) - please submit the issue if offered the opportunity so we can look at the reason in your instance. I suspect they will all be related to the same notification service problem.
  8. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 20:29
    Yeah, finally noticed that (that'll teach me...).

I'll report it next time it happens, just in case it isn't a known issue.

As an aside, I've been getting poor battery life over the last few days; it could be a coincidence, but are others finding their battery is getting drained more than normal when using the app?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 08:47
    Originally posted by jaryvan
    Yeah, finally noticed that (that'll teach me...).

I'll report it next time it happens, just in case it isn't a known issue.

As an aside, I've been getting poor battery life over the last few days; it could be a coincidence, but are others finding their battery is getting drained more than normal when using the app?
    Not noticed any battery issues myself, and I've checked the battery usage - the RHP move checker service does not appear to impact battery in any significant way.
  10. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 12:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    Not noticed any battery issues myself, and I've checked the battery usage - the RHP move checker service does not appear to impact battery in any significant way.
    Seems to be OK over the last few days, possibly just a coincidence; there were two days last week when my battery was drained quicker than I'd expect but I forgot to check the battery checker in settings to see what had drained the power.

Also sent in reports for a couple of force closes, hope they help you improve the app; it's mostly working well for me at the moment and is pretty good for a beta.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 13:02
    I have been distracted from the android app this week, so new updates until next week now, sorry.
  12. Standard memberMrbobs
    Wang Leader
    Tower of Wang
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 17:33
    Still getting the "authentication failed - please try again" message. am i missing something?
  13. Hell
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 17:56
    My pawn reached row 8 and I was asked what I wanted to promote to; selected queen; told illegal move; re-enter my pawn is already on row 8 but I'm not asked what I want to promote to; submit still illegal move. Went to PC my pawn on row 8 but it looks like I can promote (subsequently did). Game history says incomplete. FYI pgn below which shows promote to Queen even though it does not show on the display.

[Event "July 2011 Octet I"]
    [Site "http://www.chessatwork.com"]
    [Date "2011.07.01"]
    [Round "1"]
    [White "CamelKnees"]
    [Black "Bael"]
    [WhiteRating "1253"]
    [BlackRating "1660"]
    [WhiteElo "1253"]
    [BlackElo "1660"]
    [Result "*"]
    [GameId "8532069"]

1. e4 c5 2. c4 Nb8c6 3. Ng1f3 e5 4. h3 Ng8f6 5. d3 h6 6. Nb1c3 Bf8e7 7. Nc3d5 Nf6xd5 8. cxd5 Nc6d4 9. Nf3xd4 cxd4 10. Bf1e2 b6 11. O-O O-O 12. Be2g4 d6 13. Bg4xc8 Ra8xc8 14. a3 f5 15. f3 Be7h4 16. Kg1h1 f4 17. Bc1d2 a5 18. a4 Rf8f7 19. Bd2e1 Rf7c7 20. Be1xh4 Qd8xh4 21. Qd1e1 Qh4xe1 22. Rf1xe1 Rc7c2 23. Ra1b1 Kg8f7 24. h4 Rc2d2 25. Rb1c1 Rc8xc1 26. Re1xc1 Rd2xd3 27. Rc1c6 Rd3b3 28. Rc6xd6 d3 29. Rd6d7 Kf7g8 30. d6 d2 31. Rd7d8 Kg8h7 32. d7 d1=Q *

I then clicked queen on the PC browser and it appears to have continued.
    Sorry about the post length but I didn't want to just link to the game as I have now continued and changed the position.
  14. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 21:05
    Hi, just came in to post the same pawn promotion bug as Bael. Happened exactly as described above.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 11:03
    Ok, thanks guys.

I'm going to stop work on current release, and release a patched version of previous version. I'll get this up in next couple of days.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree