1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 21:50
    Itallics not showing in in game message received, just the formatting tags instead. Otherwise +1 to the above praise.
  2. Joined
    28 Apr '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 20:02
    Ok three things:

1. Just wanted to say the only reason I have internet at home (and work ;] is this site)

2. With this android app I now finally have a reason to own this crappy ass samsung vibrant.

3. Also, now I can finally close my account with that POS chess.com.

I was a fan of this site since I first started and it has only been getting better and better. I especially love the simple, logical and efficient layout you guys use.

Thank you to the sites development team, much appreciated!!!!
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 10:02
    I have found "My profile" error in last android application version (BETA 0.1.2):

showed same count for:

"Games played" (OK)
    "Moves this month" (Incorrect!)

Please fix it!
  4. Joined
    03 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 13:34
    Am I doing something wrong?

The app is beautiful. Russ you are a star!

I do have a slight issue though - it may be device or user specific. My in-game messages are not being sent to my opponent. I type in the message, return to the game screen and when I press send, the move gets submitted without the message.

After I've finished typing the message I have to press the "back" button on the phone to return to the game screen - is this what's doing it and could it be avoided by a message confirmation button introduced to the app?
  5. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 13:33
    Hmmm.. I think I may have done the same a few times and sent moves without the planned message. I just figured it was me being dumb... it normally is.
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 20:591 edit
    I spotted the same, shoulda reported it.

Once I had realised I had to go back to remove the message window, so coudn't confirm it was saved I would check the message I'd written and see it dissapeared. Now I copy the message (hold window, select all, copy) then once moved piece into position on the board call up the dialogue again and paste the message back in, then after exiting go back to check it is still there, and if it is finally click to confirm my move.

Like I say, should've reported it. Sorry. #testerfail
  7. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 16:50
    Originally posted by edashby
    I can only see version 0.1.2 on Marketplace. I installed it anyway, and while I can log in and see the homepage I get an "Authentication failed - please try again" message, and get blank screens for every option, except Preferences. Using HTC Desire S running Android 2.3.3
    Same here. Makes the app unusable. I did have one failed login attempt. Maybe that has something to do with it. Willing to be debug monkey.
  8. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 08:07
    Is this still being developed ? It's a shame if not. For me it's unusable. It lets me login but then every page gives an authentication error ( seen other reports of the same issue ). Tried clearing all data with the same results. Open Source it Russ.
  9. Hell
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 11:02
    Yes, please keep developing it. It's a great app (except for an analysis board 😉). Or merge it with "Rival Chess"; I'd pay!. It works for me and I use it all the time. If you are just busy elsewhere fine, but please keep it active.
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 03:01
    If its possible at all Russ, could we get a Chessatwork skinned version of the app? It's still working beautifully for me, but I'm sort of getting over the looks I get when people glance at the rhp flaming banner. The withering you dirty old man look I often get on the train is wearing thin.
  11. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 11:14
    Russ.. I've got the Android SDK installed.. ready to debug.. sign an NDA.. stand on one leg.. I really want to try and get this working.
  12. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 17:30
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Is this still being developed ? It's a shame if not. For me it's unusable. It lets me login but then every page gives an authentication error ( seen other reports of the same issue ). Tried clearing all data with the same results. Open Source it Russ.
    Might have missed it earlier in the thread.. there's a review on Android Marketplace with the "workaround".. need to set..

My Settings/My Site Settings/Enable multiple browsers to be logged into the same account

I call it a workaround... if there's ever a new release it would be nice to see this fixed due to the security implications.
  13. Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 19:51
    Any movement on the Android App? Just got a Kindle Fire and am ready to go!
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 08:29
    How do you log out of the app?
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 08:43
    Originally posted by bergkamps left boot
    Best RHP name ever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree