1. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 08:111 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok, thanks guys.

I'm going to stop work on current release, and release a patched version of previous version. I'll get this up in next couple of days.
    Thanks very much for the app Russ. Top Shelf. The app really makes playing the game fun again. The board fills out the screen, which took a few games to adjust to cause you would normally have to rubber band your screen a bit to get it just right. The other thing I found was that if you deselect the next waiting game option, you automatically get sent back to the My Games list of waiting games, which is the way I like to play my waiting game load. If this feature could be added to the main site so that once you submit a move you are returned to your MY Games list, that would be something that I for one would really appreciate. I know its just an extra click but over a list of over 40 games....

As others have reported, I had an issue with pawn promotion. The other thing was I tried to respond to an in game message, but after inputting my reply the message screen wouldn't yield to the game screen. I had to use the back key, but checking the game message log at home showed that the message had not been sent. Same with resigning. At least the action is eventually registered but you have to back key to get on with it. Maybe additional submit buttons for other in game features so that you knew you had completed a certain task?

One thing I really like is that the opponents rating is not made visible, which actually frees you up a bit psychologically to concentrate on the game and not second guess your opponents moves because of a significantly different rating. It forces you to play the 'ball' where it 'lies'. If you could not fix this, that would be brilliant, or if the majority insist on seeing their opponents rating and if its not asking too much, but to allow us the option not to see our opponents rating. I know its given me some good results in the past week.

Anyway, enough chatter and thanks again.
  2. Joined
    21 Jun '11
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 19:27
    Not trying to beat the dead horse, but one more for pawn promotion FAIL. Only trying to hep with the debugging - I appreciate all the work on the program.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:18
    Originally posted by Checkerz
    Not trying to beat the dead horse, but one more for pawn promotion FAIL. Only trying to hep with the debugging - I appreciate all the work on the program.
    Slow on the update, sorry. Trying to get the fixed build up.
  4. Adelaide
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 03:43
    If a banner ad is displayed, the board gets ' squashed', leaving empty frame around it. And it would be great to fix screen dimming, I think it was already acknowledged as a bug.
  5. Joined
    16 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 19:45
    hi, thx code monkey for the work!

i have a bug to kill for you. i'm getting the authentication failed msg too when starting the app. no login possible. i have an i900 with android 2.3.

TNX!

dmsr
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 12:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 12:323 edits
    A new version is now available on Marketplace. (1.1.2)

-Fixed login problem some users experienced on some flavours of Android. (Reproduced on 3.1, and confirmed fixed)
    -Fixed dimming issue.
    -Removed bogus authentication failure message on start up.
    -Other rare crash bugs fixed.
    -Minor board UI tweaks.

Also, fixed on the server - so no update required to the client to benefit from the following :

-Resignation crash bug fixed.
    -Pawn promotion failure fixed.

edit : Taking a little while to update on market place, so if it still shows your current version as the latest, please just wait an hour or so then try again.
  8. Adelaide
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 00:241 edit
    Good stuff.
    Is the board squshing when displaying a banner ad a bug or a feature?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 12:40
    Originally posted by Kefir
    Good stuff.
    Is the board squshing when displaying a banner ad a bug or a feature?
    Android device screens come in all sizes. So, we organise the screen to fit it all on. This may result in the board shrinking - it depends on the device.

No ads for subs, of course.

On a related note, this app does not look too great on an an Android tablet, but as of Android 3.2, there is a compatibility mode than zooms up the app to emulate the layout of a smaller screen. This results in blurry graphics, but at least everything is rendered correctly.

If Android tablets take off in a big way we will release an HD version to avoid this.
  10. Adelaide
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 13:441 edit
    Android device screens come in all sizes. So, we organise the screen to fit it all on. This may result in the board shrinking - it depends on the device.

Hmm...It shrinks on Galaxy S, 2.2. The board displays perfectly (full screen) if there is no ad, it always blinks and resizes adding a white frame when an ad is displayed...
    Does anyone have this issue on a non Galaxy device?
  11. Hell
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 09:26
    This will be added this week.
    Is the analysis board still on your list, or is it there already and I've missed it?🙄
  12. Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 20:14
    A new version is now available on Marketplace. (1.1.2)

-Fixed login problem some users experienced on some flavours of Android. (Reproduced on 3.1, and confirmed fixed)
    I can only see version 0.1.2 on Marketplace. I installed it anyway, and while I can log in and see the homepage I get an "Authentication failed - please try again" message, and get blank screens for every option, except Preferences. Using HTC Desire S running Android 2.3.3
  13. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 08:18
    Hi Russ - finding app v.useful - can games where timebank being munched be amber in colour please, I keep seeing green as no need to worry, then suddenly there's a red game waiting!

Also an idea - could promote the app by adding a 'opponents move made on Android' line on the website game board - this'd bring the app to the attention of more players, could link to marketplace also so one click to download.

Ta.
  14. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 23:131 edit
    Another one: in the player profile, 'moves this month' is displaying the number of 'games played' instead.
    Galaxy SII
  15. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 22:25
    Still loving this app, to the point where I'm almost using it exclusively and need to remind myself to log onto the website to pick up a few more games, thanks again Russ.

Also +1 to kmax's point that the lack of opponent rating on the board view helps keep the mind focused!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree