1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 18:32
    Would it be possible to add annotations when posting pgn's in the forum? Perhaps there could be some sort of tag used for adding comments, for example...

21.Kh1 {only move} ..Qh6 {Pinning the knight and preparing for mate}

If these comments appeared at the bottom of the board as the relevant move was played it would be really cool.

Also, it would be nice to post a game but set which move should be rendered as the default position. Currently it defaults at the last move but that's rubbish as you can see the final position before you've played through the game. Sometimes i'd like to point out a specific move, if it was possible to choose say, move 15 as the start position, then posting tactics would be more interesting as people would have a chance to try and solve the positions before they look at what was actually played... 🙂
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 20:16
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Would it be possible to add annotations when posting pgn's in the forum? Perhaps there could be some sort of tag used for adding comments, for example...

If these comments appeared at the bottom of the board as the relevant move was played it would be really cool.

Also, it wo ...[text shortened]... e a chance to try and solve the positions before they look at what was actually played... 🙂
    I rec this!
    With a option with/without annotations, of course.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 21:29

Also, it wo ...[text shortened]... e a chance to try and solve the positions before they look at what was actually played... 🙂
    Good thinking.

D
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 11:111 edit

Also, it wo e a chance to try and solve the positions before they look at what was actually played... 🙂
    I just posted a new thread on the same idea - didn't see yours but have edited it and given you the credit for this idea.

Great minds eh 😉
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 16:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I just posted a new thread on the same idea - didn't see yours but have edited it and given you the credit for this idea.

Great minds eh 😉
    Well i'm not sure i can really take credit for the idea, when you add annotations to games in chessbase the annotations appear on the relevant move. It stands to reason though, i can't really see this sort of thing being too hard to code, you're only taking a string from inside the tags and printing them with the move that appears at the bottom. Should take about 10 minutes to code i'd imagine. 🙂
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 19:28
    Well i'm not sure i can really take credit for the idea, when you add annotations to games in chessbase the annotations appear on the relevant move. It stands to reason though, i can't really see this sort of thing being too hard to code, you're only taking a string from inside the tags and printing them with the move that appears at the bottom. Should take about 10 minutes to code i'd imagine. 🙂
    I'm after the option to make notes to myself between visits when plying lots of games
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 18:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm after the option to make notes to myself between visits when plying lots of games
    Err, you can do that already. Under the move button is a notes link...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree