1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 May '07 15:31
    for those of us who play a lot of games, and there are a lot of us, it would be nice if we had a settings option to send out email reminders automatically. why not? now, it's two or three button clicks for every reminder: click on the envelope icon, click on send, click on the page to go to the next one. sometimes i have ten to twenty reminders to send out when i log in. i always send them, because i always take the time win, unless they let me know in advance of some problem, and now with the vacation option, that almost never happens anyway.
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    21 May '07 02:57
    Originally posted by coquette
    for those of us who play a lot of games, and there are a lot of us, it would be nice if we had a settings option to send out email reminders automatically. why not? now, it's two or three button clicks for every reminder: click on the envelope icon, click on send, click on the page to go to the next one. sometimes i have ten to twenty reminders to send out ...[text shortened]... in advance of some problem, and now with the vacation option, that almost never happens anyway.
    Sounds alright, but I would want some sort of feature limiting reminders to one per player per day/multiple days/week, especially in clan and tournament games. Although I haven't had a "reminder" recently, I can imagine receiving 2 (or more) messages at a time from the same player might be annoying.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 May '07 04:40
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Sounds alright, but I would want some sort of feature limiting reminders to one per player per day/multiple days/week, especially in clan and tournament games. Although I haven't had a "reminder" recently, I can imagine receiving 2 (or more) messages at a time from the same player might be annoying.
    well, the reminders seem to appear only after a certain number of days, and then only once. i don't even know the formula for how they appear. i only know that they appear automatically and you have to decide to send them out. i like sending them, i just don't like having to push three buttons for each one.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:51
    well, the reminders seem to appear only after a certain number of days, and then only once. i don't even know the formula for how they appear. i only know that they appear automatically and you have to decide to send them out. i like sending them, i just don't like having to push three buttons for each one.
    A lot of people have the thing turned off anyway don't they?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 May '07 16:48
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    A lot of people have the thing turned off anyway don't they?
    Sure do, the useless things come up far to soon. A 7 day game doesn't need a reminder sent in 3 or 4 days.

P-
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:33
    still makes sense, if the reminder icon is going to show, why not just have a pre-select option to go ahead and send automatically, or at least return us back to where we were when we pushed send, or maybe a "group send to all" button . one push only!
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 May '07 18:051 edit
    still makes sense, if the reminder icon is going to show, why not just have a pre-select option to go ahead and send automatically, or at least return us back to where we were when we pushed send, or maybe a "group send to all" button . one push only!
    Are you saying that everyone who sees that icon clicks it the second they see it? Last I checked it was an option, not forced.

If there were an option to auto-send them, that would be fine... but it would be nice to be able to shut off reminders from users that use auto reminders.

P-
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 May '07 18:10
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Are you saying that everyone who sees that icon clicks it the second they see it? Last I checked it was an option, not forced.

If there were an option to auto-send them, that would be fine... but it would be nice to be able to shut off reminders from users that use auto reminders.

P-
    it's an option (courtesy) to send. i just go ahead and send on the assumption that it makes some sense. if a user has the option turned off, then it would make sense for the icon to never show up in the first place.

also, i'm in favor of an automatic "claim the default time win" option too. i can't stand the idiots who stretch lost positions out as long as they can. i do, however, take comfort in knowing that they are suffering.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 May '07 23:54
    it's an option (courtesy) to send. i just go ahead and send on the assumption that it makes some sense. if a user has the option turned off, then it would make sense for the icon to never show up in the first place.

also, i'm in favor of an automatic "claim the default time win" option too. i can't stand the idiots who stretch lost positions out as long as they can. i do, however, take comfort in knowing that they are suffering.
    I'm just thinking there are users who have not shut this option off who would now shut if off if they were playing games with some users using this function. So rather than them now needing to shut if off completely, they could just shut off the users who use automated reminders.

Yes, people who drag a lost game out of spite are a pain in the butt. Game lost, get out and move on.

P-
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    22 May '07 03:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm just thinking there are users who have not shut this option off who would now shut if off if they were playing games with some users using this function. So rather than them now needing to shut if off completely, they could just shut off the users who use automated reminders.

Yes, people who drag a lost game out of spite are a pain in the butt. Game lost, get out and move on.

P-
    true. okay, how about this? we have an electric shock button that keeps getting stronger. after the third warning, it electrocutes the idiots.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 May '07 14:15
    true. okay, how about this? we have an electric shock button that keeps getting stronger. after the third warning, it electrocutes the idiots.
    This sounds like a great feature for users who want to send them.

P-
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 03:50
    This original suggestion got lots of support and no opposition. I just wanted to highlight it again.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 09:10
    This original suggestion got lots of support and no opposition. I just wanted to highlight it again.
    Is "Sounds alright" lots of support?

D
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 10:37
    Does anyone ever respond to reminders?

I would think if they were online to receive the reminder, they would be about to move anyway, would they not?
    If they were not online they wouldn't get the reminder.
    And:
    If they were deliberately delaying , then a reminder will encourage them that their strategy is working.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 11:56
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Does anyone ever respond to reminders?

I would think if they were online to receive the reminder, they would be about to move anyway, would they not?
    If they were not online they wouldn't get the reminder.
    And:
    If they were deliberately delaying , then a reminder will encourage them that their strategy is working.
    Reminders are a complete waste of time. Especially, when they appear 3 days into a 21 day TO game.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree