1. Joined
    22 Dec '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 07:30
    When a player has only one move the server should automatically play the move for him/her.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 08:291 edit
    Originally posted by Flux Capacitor
    When a player has only one move the server should automatically play the move for him/her.
    No. The player has always choices. Making that move is just one of these. We've discussed this before at Thread 61123
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 15:121 edit
    Originally posted by Flux Capacitor
    You could always go Back to the Future and finish the game. 😕
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 15:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No. The player has always choices. Making that move is just one of these. We've discussed this before at Thread 61123
    Also, one point you missed... perhaps the player doesn't even know the one move they CAN make. It is up to the player to find the move, not someone else.

This happened with a game here at RHP where the player couldn't find their one legal move.

P-
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 15:43
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Also, one point you missed... perhaps the player doesn't even know the one move they CAN make. It is up to the player to find the move, not someone else.

This happened with a game here at RHP where the player couldn't find their one legal move.

P-
    Then what happened? Did he ask for a draw?

One other solution to this problem is to have conditional moves implemented. Also discussed numerous times before.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 15:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then what happened? Did he ask for a draw?

One other solution to this problem is to have conditional moves implemented. Also discussed numerous times before.
    As much as I told people not to flat out answer the question because it was up to the player to figure it out... people kept coming in and giving 'hints'. I'm sure they eventually figured it out.

P-
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 16:21
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    As much as I told people not to flat out answer the question because it was up to the player to figure it out... people kept coming in and giving 'hints'. I'm sure they eventually figured it out.

P-
    If I recall the situation correctly, the player could capture en passant but was not aware of the rule. He did eventually read the FAQ.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Feb '07 17:27
    Originally posted by zebano
    If I recall the situation correctly, the player could capture en passant but was not aware of the rule. He did eventually read the FAQ.
    That's the one... I'm not sure, since RHP has such a crappy search feature.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree