1. Uk
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 16:42
    When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on gameknot.com and it had a nifty feature that you could click on a link for waiting games which would bring up a small window which u could minimise and it would maximise itself to the next waiting game when you have a move waiting - i mainly joined this site as Russ said he was bringin an autorefresh (and as the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!
  2. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    10 Jun '05 19:51
    Originally posted by redbaron101
    When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on gameknot.com and it had a nifty feature that you could click on a link for waiting games which would bring up a small win ...[text shortened]... bringin an autorefresh (and as the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!
    If you don't like the email notifications, you can turn them off by going to "my settings," then "my site settings," then you can click on the notification setting.
  3. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    11 Jun '05 19:251 edit
    When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on g ...[text shortened]... the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!
    Look at the thread RHP-Notifier,

Its still in development at the moment, but does what you want from the system tray...

[Edit]
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=24904
    [/Edit]
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 11:47
    When are we going to get an auto refresh so we know if games are waiting? - i know we have email notification but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. i used to play on gameknot.com and it had a nifty feature that you could click on a link for waiting games which would bring up a small win ...[text shortened]... bringin an autorefresh (and as the site does look better than gameknot) - but that was ages ago!
    I think you'll find that Russ never said he was bringing in autorefresh. In fact, he has gone so far as pleading with people not to use plugins which provide the autorefresh facility.

Email notifications are far and away the best method of keeping up to date. You can set up filters to move all RHP emails into a folder automagically, and then just empty the folder periodically. Saves your inbox from getting clogged.

D
  5. In your face
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 11:522 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

Email notifications are far and away the best method of keeping up to date. You can set up filters to move all RHP emails into a folder automagically, and then just empty the folder periodically. Saves your inbox from getting clogged.

D
    Automagically?

Hey I like that word. Think you're onto a winner there Rag. 😉
  6. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Automagically?

Hey I like that word. Think you're onto a winner there Rag. 😉
    yeah i like that word too - i was trying to figure out if it was deliberate or simply a typo but who cares - i think we should all start saying it as often as possible so that eventually everybody will automagically know what it means. 🙄

EDIT: my own typos - apparently i cant type the word possible lol
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jun '05 09:55
    Originally posted by MCA
    yeah i like that word too - i was trying to figure out if it was deliberate or simply a typo but who cares -
    Ehhhhhhh! (In da Fonz voice). I don't dooo typos.

D
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '05 17:51
    As I now have a little bit of XML which is light on system resources for third party clients, I now see no reason why I can't write a little JavaScript window that polls the site in the same way (effectively a client embedded in the site). And very importantly, backs off when games are waiting.

I think GK do a similar thing, I will take a look. Anyway, I see no obstacles to providing something now.

-Russ

9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '05 23:39
    I just developed a beta version of this - I will post a link here tomorrow AM GMT.

-Russ
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 11:222 edits
    ... but if you have a large number of games you start getting a lot of emails that you have to keep deleting. ...!
    If you play a large number of games you're going to get a large number of pop-up screens. I would have thought most people would find this even more infuriating, as these won't even be triggered by a player clicking the "Remind" button but will appear everytime one of your opponents moves! 😕
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 11:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    I just developed a beta version of this - I will post a link here tomorrow AM GMT.

-Russ
    See my new thread.

-Russ
  12. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 11:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I think you'll find that Russ never said he was bringing in autorefresh. In fact, he has gone so far as pleading with people not to use plugins which provide the autorefresh facility.

D
    Oh my word! I never thought I'd hear you talk favourably of reminders! 🙄
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 14:52
    Originally posted by Exy
    Oh my word! I never thought I'd hear [b]you talk favourably of reminders! 🙄[/b]
    And you never will my friend.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree