1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    25 Feb '05 18:34
    I would like to have it for the clan leagues,the feature is already available for tournaments and I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented also in the Leagues.
    I guess it would speed things up and would help when one or more players leave the site with their league games going.............
  2. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    25 Feb '05 18:44
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I would like to have it for the clan leagues,the feature is already available for tournaments and I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented also in the Leagues.
    I guess it would speed things up and would help when one or more players leave the site with their league games going.............
    How about the clan leader gets to choose? Keeps things "in the family" so to speak?
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    25 Feb '05 18:47
    ??????I don't understand..............
  4. Subscriberchris stephens
    i'll decide!
    Glasgow Scotland
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 12:38
    Originally posted by Ravello
    i agree completely. the one day league is being held up by one or two games.

i dont agree it should be left to clan leaders, an auto timeout facility keeps it fair.
  5. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 13:15
    Originally posted by chris stephens
    i agree completely. the one day league is being held up by one or two games.

i dont agree it should be left to clan leaders, an auto timeout facility keeps it fair.

i think i've seen this discussed elsewhere.
    it's a good idea, and would also be good for clan challenges.
  6. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 18:00
    Originally posted by murrow

iand would also be good for clan challenges.
    No it woudn't, this was not the spirit when we set clans up in the first place. Clans are about participation and fun, not just winning.

Andrew
  7. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 10:15
    Originally posted by latex bishop
    No it woudn't, this was not the spirit when we set clans up in the first place. Clans are about participation and fun, not just winning.

Andrew

of course i agree that clans are for fun and not winning.

i don't suggest an automatic timeout when the timebank runs out for normal clan challenges, but how about but after a couple of weeks? it can be quite annoying if someone has obviously left the site and it is holding up a challenge. often they don't even have the vacation sign up.

although having said that, i suppose it is always open to clan members to simple time them out... hmmm now i'm just arguing with myself 🙄
  8. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 10:52
    Originally posted by murrow

although having said that, i suppose it is always open to clan members to simple time them out... hmmm now i'm just arguing with myself 🙄
    ...unless BOTH players have gone AWOL, then everyone has to wait... potentially, forever. Okay, so one stalled clan challenge is not the end of the world... but in the clan leagues, it could hold up the start of an entire season of games (1000+ games) indefinitely!

Making the timeouts automatic is the only sensible solution.

9. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 19:51
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    ...unless BOTH players have gone AWOL, then everyone has to wait... potentially, forever. Okay, so one stalled clan challenge is not the end of the world... but in the clan leagues, it could hold up the start of an entire season of games (1000+ games) indefinitely!

Making the timeouts automatic is the only sensible solution.

Spooky! Just started another thread about this very thing!
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 21:32
    It's not right that one or two matches should hold up the start of the new season

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree