1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 10:54
    would it be possible to introduce a program than scores the teams latest points in a private forum....the last game of the challenge would be automatically included on a progressive score sheetdont know simple or difficult it would be to write such a program but many of our team are interested in the idea and im sure other members of the site would like to have something similar?

example
    *shows the teams most recent finished clan challenge.
    *shows points added to the total/net points for both the current year and all time tables.
    *links to the challenge
    *players results and stats, according to how they rate against other players in the team by finished games win/loss each month...kind of intraclan player table.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 11:14
    Originally posted by barstudd
    would it be possible to introduce a program than scores the teams latest points in a private forum....the last game of the challenge would be automatically included on a progressive score sheet[i]dont know simple or difficult it would be to write such a program but many of our team are interested in the idea and im sure other members of the site would like ...[text shortened]... ther players in the team by finished games win/loss each month...kind of intraclan player table.
    something like this idea might be a really good thing. while the clan pages are already quite good, it would certainly add an extra, almost more personal dimension to them. and could even free up more time to play even more chess games !
  3. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 11:231 edit
    Originally posted by cromlech
    something like this idea might be a really good thing. while the clan pages are already quite good, it would certainly add an extra, almost more personal dimension to them. and could even free up more time to play even more chess games !
    an example would look something like this.

22/01/2009

Chessaroos 8-4 Invino Veritas

TEAMS:
    theundertaker 0-2 check again
    SammyJ 2-0 fixli
    stephensmith 2-0 coquette
    barstudd 1-1 uncblue
    matt013 1-1 JohnyG
    kingbaz2 2-0 Afeliz

12 points awarded

Clan challenge 150570

2009 total points = ????
    2009 net points = ????
    alltime total points = ?????
    alltime netpoints =????
    2009 cureent team placing = 5th??
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 11:241 edit
    This is a massive idea, it would add that extra dimension to keep clan challenges interesting. Clans could use it to maintain interest and motivate members. Without a facility like this challenges don't really get much publicity - think about it - I have - great idea.
  5. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 11:40
    Originally posted by kingbaz2
    This is a massive idea, it would add that extra dimension to keep clan challenges interesting. Clans could use it to maintain interest and motivate members. Without a facility like this challenges don't really get much publicity - think about it - I have - great idea.
    basically its a tracking system for your teams performance.

a way to see how the rest of the team is going apart from just the games you yourself are involved in.

may even include some personal player stats a well, such as player win/losses/draws etc.
  6. Far side of crazy...
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 14:21
    why hasn't rhp thought of this already? it would really enhance the clan competition and likely build support for greater clan competition...
  7. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 16:35
    I think the individual player stats would be a huge bonus. Knowing
    the win to loss ratio for each player on the team would be big.

Maybe also a percentage of points earned for the last 30 days.

You want to start competition, how about graph or chart which shows
    which player has won the most games in challenges i.e players worth
    how many points.

🙂

-GIN
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 19:00
    Great idea!
  9. Standard memberCharlieTPB
    Where is the Pawn?
    Burra-Burra SA
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 19:35
    I have to agree. I try to update the score in the clans I am in forums but its hard to do when busy. Add the fact that many longer standing challenges inevitably have players who are no longer members of your clans (I imagine this is even more of an issue for the most active clans) and its more or less impossible to keep an accurate record.

I think it would certainly add an extra dimension to the clan system,
  10. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 21:38
    Originally posted by CharlieTPB
    I have to agree. I try to update the score in the clans I am in forums but its hard to do when busy. Add the fact that many longer standing challenges inevitably have players who are no longer members of your clans (I imagine this is even more of an issue for the most active clans) and its more or less impossible to keep an accurate record.

as it stands its dam hard to find where the teams latest points emerged from, without ploughing through the team members finished games.

how hard Russ would it be to start something like this?
    * it would need to firstly be able to recognise the team latest finish challenge.
    *and also bring together team stats from several tables.
    *as well as player stats and put them all together into one easy to read neat little package....
  11. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 21:59
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    I think the individual player stats would be a huge bonus. Knowing
    the win to loss ratio for each player on the team would be big.

Maybe also a percentage of points earned for the last 30 days.

You want to start competition, how about graph or chart which shows
    which player has won the most games in challenges i.e players worth
    how many points.

🙂

-GIN
    the chart idea sounds great.
  12. Joined
    09 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 22:46
    As discussed here by some of my fellow members, in my Clan we attempt to keep track of scores manually via a thread. Seeing the results is quiet rewarding and a good part of the Clan experience. It is however rather time consuming so presenting it as part of the site as suggested in this thread would save a lot of house keeping and is what computers are after all good at. As a programmer myself I know that it would require some work on the developers part to make happen, but I for one would certainly think it would be well worth it.
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 00:252 edits
    Originally posted by CharlieTPB

I did manage to run something similar (manually) for a few months and successfully, took some work locating where the points came from....tried memorizing the player ratings so that if they were different and our clan points had changed I would go firstly to the players with changed ratings.
    but the problem being most ratings change daily, , and yeah then had to sift through players that may no longer be a part of the team to find where we scored the points, some may have been very old challenges from players I forgot even existed.
    then once finding this presented it to the team and ensure I am presenting the correct information without just doubling up a result already posted., this helped improved the teams performance as it drew interest to see how each member were travelling along side other clansmen.
  14. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 01:12
    A great idea & most of it can be achieved by a slight change (from a user perspective) to the current system.
    If the Clan home page list of challenges:
    a) Allowed you to filter the list of challenges by Status (Finished / In Progress / Pending)
    b) Allowed you to sort the list of challenges by completion date &
    c) Showed the points (gross & net) awarded from completed challenges
    you could configure the list to show most of the information requested.
    The only addition would be to show the individual player statistics.
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 04:39
    This sort of stat would even allow clans to develop in house competition like Most valuable player, etc. Nothing like appealing to peoples ego's to up membership

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree