1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 11:0210 edits
    Originally posted by scrappie
    A great idea & most of it can be achieved by a slight change (from a user perspective) to the current system.
    If the Clan home page list of challenges:
    a) Allowed you to filter the list of challenges by Status (Finished / In Progress / Pending)
    b) Allowed you to sort the list of challenges by completion date &
    c) Showed the points (gross & net) awarded ...[text shortened]... the information requested.
    The only addition would be to show the individual player statistics.
    Good point....the clans home page have pages and pages of clan challenges yet it doesnt tell much of a story on how the team is currently travelling or at the time when that challenge being viewed finished....a number of different options as scrappie has mentioned on how to view the list of challenges on the teams home page would be a good start....however to view them in a manner on how the challenges accumulated the teams current points may need a seperate column/s and possibly a seperate link to view clan players challenge stats?

different views on viewing the challenges on the clans home page:
    * The current view which also offers the option to view the following: (Finished / In Progress / Pending)
    * if you select finished:- last finish game top or choose first finish game to top
    *teams biggest points scoring challenges first to to lowest points last/ vice versa.
    * a view on how the particular challenge being viewed relates to the current score at the time the challenge being viewed had finished.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 12:31
    Originally posted by kingbaz2
    This sort of stat would even allow clans to develop in house competition like Most valuable player, etc. Nothing like appealing to peoples ego's to up membership
    All players should be considered valuable to the clan. Any that aren't should be removed immediately!
  3. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 18:391 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    All players should be considered valuable to the clan. Any that aren't should be removed immediately!
    ok fair enough all players should be considered valuable not that KingB was saying they aren't ....but now you overlooked the entire purpose of the thread just to point out something that really has little bearing to what the thread is about......whats your view on the idea??????
  4. Standard memberCharlieTPB
    Where is the Pawn?
    Burra-Burra SA
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 19:26
    Of course all clan members are valuable.

But it would be nice to point out the bloke who is playing 70 odd clan games and doing a damn good job. A little bit of recognition is always a good thing.

Hell the sort of plaayers you would be pointing out are the sort that you would most want to keep after all.

Plus it adds an extra bit of competition to the system which can't be a bad thing.
  5. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Sep '09 23:191 edit
    Originally posted by CharlieTPB
    Of course all clan members are valuable.

But it would be nice to point out the bloke who is playing 70 odd clan games and doing a damn good job. A little bit of recognition is always a good thing.

Hell the sort of plaayers you would be pointing out are the sort that you would most want to keep after all.

Plus it adds an extra bit of competition to the system which can't be a bad thing.
    thats right!!!
    the way I look at the player stats thing is the system recognises players that have achieved different things.

like the system already acknowledges players on high ratings, the idea is so it recognises players who have played x amount of games for your clan, and shows win/loss ratio,

also to allow it to acknowledge the points the team scored on the current and all time tables in relation to the challenge that was just completed...and acknowledges the player stats from each completed challenge.

and scrappies idea of using the home page opposed to the original idea of the private forum opens the idea to opposing teams to sticky beak at.

so its not about de-valueing members but to give them a better understanding of how the clan thing works, may help encourage members to challenge each other as well or make it more interesting for members not yet playing in clans,....may help eliminate the one man clan thing as well....but the way it stands there are tables and most clansman dont know how the team accumulated its points.
  6. Standard memberCharlieTPB
    Where is the Pawn?
    Burra-Burra SA
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 19:46
    To be honest I don't see it would be all that difficult either.

There is already a similar system set up in the clubs where it tells you the top 5 players and most recent members etc. It shouldn't be that different for the clans.

Might even be easier since there is a limit to the number of members in the clans
  7. Joined
    25 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 00:13
    Yes, this would add a LOT of value. Clan challenges are the most fun part of the site, and this would put RedHotPawn well ahead of any other chessplaying sites out there!
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 10:46
    Originally posted by TimBender
    As discussed here by some of my fellow members, in my Clan we attempt to keep track of scores manually via a thread. Seeing the results is quiet rewarding and a good part of the Clan experience. It is however rather time consuming so presenting it as part of the site as suggested in this thread would save a lot of house keeping and is what computers are ...[text shortened]... e developers part to make happen, but I for one would certainly think it would be well worth it.
    well said. wouldnt it be great if this was a part of a clan page. I agree that there may be a bit of work and maybe some headaches for the admins and / or designers, but they are after all a very clever and switched on group of people 😏 . (and if that sounds like sucking up, there's a really good reason for that, it is.)
  9. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 11:003 edits
    Originally posted by CharlieTPB
    To be honest I don't see it would be all that difficult either.

There is already a similar system set up in the clubs where it tells you the top 5 players and most recent members etc. It shouldn't be that different for the clans.

Might even be easier since there is a limit to the number of members in the clans
    The clans home page, does have a toggle option already but not to show the most recently finished challenges in actual order, if they added that option then all would be required is an option to show other stats including the points that the challenge scored in relation to the clan pages.....

The team listing on the clan page should have a toggle option as well, the current view shows the highest rated player at the top to the lowest at the bottom, however if it could toggle to show player with most finished challenges or points for their team, most active challenges, most wins,most losses,draws, and even most leagues appearances also....not sure if that covers all the possible options?
  10. Standard memberCharlieTPB
    Where is the Pawn?
    Burra-Burra SA
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 19:07
    Originally posted by barstudd
    The clans home page, does have a toggle option already but not to show the most recently finished challenges in actual order, if they added that option then all would be required is an option to show other stats including the points that the challenge scored in relation to the clan pages.....

The team listing on the clan page should have a toggle option ...[text shortened]... aws, and even most leagues appearances also....not sure if that covers all the possible options?
    I'd say that one of the more important things would be how many clan losses by timeout a player has. I think that would be one of the more important things for a clan lord to know.
  11. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 23:111 edit
    Originally posted by Quanto
    Yes, this would add a LOT of value. Clan challenges are the most fun part of the site, and this would put RedHotPawn well ahead of any other chessplaying sites out there!
    makes them even more fun when they have recognition at the completion of a challenge. when the points turn up and its easily viewed great topic for team discussion.
  12. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 23:05
    whats other clan leaders and clansmens thoughts on this idea?
  13. Subscriberstephensmith
    Old Man Mar
    Brisbane, Australia.
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 14:46
    Originally posted by barstudd
    would it be possible to introduce a program than scores the teams latest points in a private forum....the last game of the challenge would be automatically included on a progressive score sheet[i]dont know simple or difficult it would be to write such a program but many of our team are interested in the idea and im sure other members of the site would like ...[text shortened]... ther players in the team by finished games win/loss each month...kind of intraclan player table.
    I agree this is a great idea. I have problems at the best of times with computers, and this would be fantastic to have add in our private forum.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 17:04
    I've started on this, and I'm aiming to get this (or something like it) up within 24 hours.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 21:23
    Originally posted by Russ
    I've started on this, and I'm aiming to get this (or something like it) up within 24 hours.
    24 hours may have been a bit optimistic actually, as I have hit a few issues with this already. Monday though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree