1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 Feb '05 11:061 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Please read the title of this thread: Automatic timeouts in Clan league games and make an argument on point..

ok ... sorry about the above ...

are the completion of clan league games important for the start of new games, or new leagues or new somethings?

is it desirable to finish off a few lagging dragging games to set the chess playing masses free?

(i am not playing leagues ... i am asking)

oh ... and of course you are right: siege games should start automatically.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '05 11:47
    Originally posted by flexmore
    ok ... sorry about the above ...

are the completion of clan league games important for the start of new games, or new leagues or new somethings?

is it desirable to finish off a few lagging dragging games to set the chess playing masses free?

(i am not playing leagues ... i am asking)

oh ... and of course you are right: siege games should start automatically.
    Yes all the clan league games have to finish before a new season could start. At this point, in the one day league there's about 15 games left, so I don't see it as a large problem. I did say this:

I think extreme abuse of the system, like one person being left in a league and the other person not timing him out for an unreasonable period, could be addressed by the site admins on an ad hoc basis.

I still think that's the most reasonable solution, but I suspect that a majority would probably support auto t/o's in the leagues. But hey SOMEBODY had to disagree or it would have been a really boring thread, wouldn't it??
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    08 Feb '05 11:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yes all the clan league games have to finish before a new season could start. At this point, in the one day league there's about 15 games left, so I don't see it as a large problem. I did say this:

I think extreme abuse of the system, like one person being left in a league and the other person not timing him out for an unreasonable peri ...[text shortened]... hey SOMEBODY had to disagree or it would have been a really boring thread, wouldn't it??
    I'm not sure I agree with that last part.
  4. Joined
    14 May '02
    Moves
    10 Feb '05 09:54
    I am opposed to automatic timeouts. It should be down to the opponent to claim, as it is in over the board chess.

What I would prefer to see a standard timebank of 7 days in all clan and tournament games. Why should the 7 day and 14 day clan leagues need longer timebanks ? All it does is create more thinking time, which some players will naturally take advantage of. Restricting the timebank to 7 days will keep a lid on players thinking time, while giving them the freedom to take a break once in a while without having to worry about being timed out. We shouldn't need to have two separate time limits - the time limit and the timebank. The only decision that you make should be which time limit suits you, and the timebank should be standard for all time limits.

Nick
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    27 Feb '05 18:31
    Since the subject has again been raised..... Bump.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree