1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 21:58
    Originally posted by rbw741
    Well, then if all this site has to offer to subscribers is a choice of avatars then this site seriously needs to beef up on more features...try Chess.com for example...tons of features for subscribers and the trivial things are free...also, if that is correct then I'm seriously questioning people's intent for throwing away money like that...just for an avatar ...[text shortened]... still going through some changes but they seriously need to rethink the subscriber features.
    RHP is WAY better than Chess.com.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 00:17
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    RHP is [b]WAY better than Chess.com.[/b]
    On playchess.com he would have received a forum ban for that comment
  3. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 04:47
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    this little 50x50 gif image is the main thing that subs have to show that they are 'more exclusive' members than you are...

That and the little stars.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 04:491 edit
    Do you lot of subscribers really begrudge a stoopid little avatar to non-subs. sheeesh!!!
    Nobody would subscribe JUST for an avatar. Believe me!

Well; apart from Phlabs maybe....😛
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 05:00
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I like the idea of half male half female avatars.
    Worm avatars ?
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 05:02
    I suggest giving subscribers and non-subscribers alike free access to avatar pictures. I think it's rather extreme to block that feature to non-subscribers.
    I change my avatar on a regular basis.

I mention this for no other reason, but to rub you up the wrong way for Sh-hits and giggles.

Allow minor swearing, that should be a site idea 😛
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 13:34
    Well, then if all this site has to offer to subscribers is a choice of avatars then this site seriously needs to beef up on more features...try Chess.com for example...tons of features for subscribers and the trivial things are free...also, if that is correct then I'm seriously questioning people's intent for throwing away money like that...just for an avatar ...[text shortened]... still going through some changes but they seriously need to rethink the subscriber features.
    We pay $30 for unlimited games, clan membership, tournaments and, as a bonus a free avatar.

We also get the ability to laugh and take the pee out of people like you within our private forums.

If you don't like the site crawl back to chess.com and play there.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 12:05
    Originally posted by adramforall
    We pay $30 for unlimited games, clan membership, tournaments and, as a bonus a free avatar.

We also get the ability to laugh and take the pee out of people like you within our private forums.

If you don't like the site crawl back to chess.com and play there.
    After paying a subscription fee a subscriber is far less likely to upload an image that would result in an instant ban. Although most non-subs wouldn’t dream of uploading any inappropriate content (ok, I admit, it has happened, but rare), it does remove one huge admin headache by limiting it to paying members.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 12:32
    Originally posted by Russ
    After paying a subscription fee a subscriber is far less likely to upload an image that would result in an instant ban. Although most non-subs wouldn’t dream of uploading any inappropriate content (ok, I admit, it has happened, but rare), it does remove one huge admin headache by limiting it to paying members.
    Good answer, Russ, good answer...

So, everyone, pay your subscription (if you haven't done it already) and choose your own avatar!
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 10:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Good answer, Russ, good answer...
    I disagree..
    I see no connection on other forums [non-chess] between subscribers'/donators' avatars and others members' avatars.
    In fact some forums have a standard set of avatars that non subscribers can choose from; which would negate the stated reasons above. Normally the rule for avatars [the ones I've seen, anyway] relate to 1) time at the site, or 2) number of forum posts.

I have seen a good few [what I would call] disgusting avatars at RHP which also seems to disprove the theory.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree