1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 00:311 edit
    If you get runner-up to a database user in a tournament, then it would be realistic to take the win of the tournament, as happens in otb life.

It doesn't make sense to not win against cheaters.
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 01:021 edit
    Originally posted by Ramned
    If you get runner-up to a database user in a tournament, then it would be realistic to take the win of the tournament, as happens in otb life.

Nobody has ever been banned for using databases. Databases are allowed in the rules. The site admin positively encourage everyone to use databases in their games. That's why they created the 'games explorer', which is basically a database of games played by users on the site.

However plenty of players have been banned for using engines, as these are against the rules.
  3. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 01:11
    Originally posted by Ramned

Oh, I meant engines. Thanks.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 19:151 edit
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Nobody has ever been banned for using databases. Databases are allowed in the rules. The site admin positively encourage everyone to use databases in their games. That's why they created the 'games explorer', which is basically a database of games played by users on the site.

However plenty of players have been banned for using engines, as these are against the rules.
    What is the "games explorer"? I know you said it is a database of games by users on the site...Only I have not seen this feature !
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 19:35
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    What is the "games explorer"? I know you said it is a database of games by users on the site...Only I have not seen this feature !
    http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/

D
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:04
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/

D
    WOW...Thank You.......Now if I can figure out how it works.....LOL
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:12
    i never knew about this feature. You actually can learn a lot in these forums.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:31
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    WOW...Thank You.......Now if I can figure out how it works.....LOL
    Roll your dice, and move your mice.

I open my analysis board, go to the game explorer... and mirror the moves from one into the other.

Some day they will make a quick link to bring you right to the position... I would think.

P-
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 22:14
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

I open my analysis board, go to the game explorer... and mirror the moves from one into the other.

Some day they will make a quick link to bring you right to the position... I would think.

P-
    Thank you, and you can do more than one at a time.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 23:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    I think you'd be best to ask ouroboros for that. It would be challenging as the string to find a position in the game explorer is in full pgn (each move is from a square to a square) but pieces aren't recorded.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 00:05
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I think you'd be best to ask ouroboros for that. It would be challenging as the string to find a position in the game explorer is in full pgn (each move is from a square to a square) but pieces aren't recorded.
    OK, It is an interesting feature.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree