It's obviously not clicked what you said. You'll figure it out, I'm sure 😉
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 13:021 edit
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    Settle Petal!

It's obviously not clicked what you said. You'll figure it out, I'm sure 😉
    At least he's contributed to the relevant discussion in this thread. That's more than I can say about your disruptive and childish presence.

OHNOHEDIH'INT!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 13:04
    sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 14:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 17:52
    With all due respect to Skeeter and other detractors, I side with Kewpie on this. I understand the reasoning behind making forum bans extend to private forums. But you could extend that reasoning further and have people banned from playing chess here as well due to forum misbehavior. Can't argue that it wouldn't enhance the punitive effect of the ban. So it's really a matter of where to cut off the punitive part of the banning process.

To me, a public forum ban is punishment enough. It also restricts the punishment to the jurisdiction of the punisher, which seems to me a more logical place to draw the line and is the system under which all the club and clan forums operate.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 17:56
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    But you could extend that reasoning further and have people banned from playing chess here as well due to forum misbehavior. Can't argue that it wouldn't enhance the punitive effect of the ban. So it's really a matter of where to cut off the punitive part of the banning process.
    That is already being done here.

You can receive a forum ban from the moderators, and if the misbehaviour continues, you can receive a site ban from the administrators.
  7. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 18:05
    Originally posted by darvlay
    That is already being done here.

You can receive a forum ban from the moderators, and if the misbehaviour continues, you can receive a site ban from the administrators.
    True, but that's usually an escalation of the initial punishment. It's rare for anyone to be banned from the site before being banned from the forums, warned etc. I think it might have happened to those "2 girsl 1 cup" kids a while back but that might just have been a really quick escalation.

But that sort of ban is also an site-admin level function and not something the mods can do. At least that's my understanding.

So Russ would continue to wield the nuclear ban hammer. I'd just like to see the scope of the mod bans scaled back to match the area they actually patrol.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 18:09
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    I'd just like to see the scope of the mod bans scaled back to match the area they actually patrol.
    Reasonable.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 19:33

10. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 19:37

11. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 20:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    *A forum mod who stands to see his vast power over other site members reduced , disagrees.

😉
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 03:14
    Your cause-and-effect, not mine. To the best of my knowledge none of my 4 clan members has had a forum ban. Try getting your facts straight before jumping to conclusions.
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 03:50
    Here is an analogy for you: Lets say you get caught stealing a can of cat food from your local supermarket. Should you then be banned from all supermarkets in your Country and then have to starve to death or move to a different Country?
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 04:04
    Did Kewpie give you permission to announce her identity in the public forums? I believe that is frowned upon and might even be considered stalking. She has not broken the TOS agreement. Just because you are a mod it doesn't give special privileges any more that a game mod who breaks the rules.

The current Dune Clan leader was not responsible for an internal search of the Dune Clan. You are close to slander.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 07:32

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree