1. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 07:59
    I have introduced this site to a few people who would like to join, but as beginners they are intimidated since there is no guide on the site as to how to play the game.
    How about setting up an optional tutorial on how to play for people who sign up for the site?
    Or an I missing something that is already here?
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 09:47
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    I have introduced this site to a few people who would like to join, but as beginners they are intimidated since there is no guide on the site as to how to play the game.
    How about setting up an optional tutorial on how to play for people who sign up for the site?
    You're missing the site ideas forum! 😉
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 16:11
    There are several great places to learn chess, if that is what you are talking about. I tell people to search Google for "Chess is Fun" (so many other sites, too) and there they can learn the game.

RHP provides info on how to castle and such, stuff not everyone might know... but I don't see the use in RHP having some kind of "learn by the numbers" guide on how to play chess.... there's just so many places that already do that, and probably much better than RHP could do.

Once they learn basics online or from pops and start playing, next they can start using the game explorer to get tips.

Also, anyone is always free to quiz people in a forum if they have a question about chess. They will either get an answer, or a link to a site that explains the given question.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 16:52
    Help : moves
    (Help -> Moves of the Pieces)
  5. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 17:07
    Anyone interested in doing so could set up a club dedicated to doing exactly that!
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 01:12
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Anyone interested in doing so could set up a club dedicated to doing exactly that!
    Agreed as Patrick needs all the help that he can get 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree