Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    19 Oct '10 19:38 / 2 edits
    Until recently you were able to cancel unused vacation days. I came back from my last break and was unable to cancel my unused days which was 3 days. It says now that you can only cancel the whole vacation before it starts and nothing else about canceling any unused days.
    I liked it the way it was before and think we should be able to cancel any unused days. I always have booked extra vacation days in case something happened and I was not able to return at the right time. I don't like this.
    Return this site to normal I say, And that includes other things also.
    We need another vote I think on clan fuctions also. I think things would return to the way it was before if it was voted on again.
    Including the clan pages and listing of total and net points etc. I agreed that clans should be listed by yearly net points on the clan pages but I don't agree with all the other changes.
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Oct '10 13:23
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Until recently you were able to cancel unused vacation days. I came back from my last break and was unable to cancel my unused days which was 3 days. It says now that you can only cancel the whole vacation before it starts and nothing else about canceling any unused days.
    I liked it the way it was before and think we should be able to cancel any u ...[text shortened]... be listed by yearly net points on the clan pages but I don't agree with all the other changes.
    This is insane if Russ caved in to the whingers worried about a handful of users that 'abuse' the system at the cost of everyone else.

    Think it was Crowley or Ragnorak who pointed out that they had once booked a vacation with the airline and everything for a week or so, and something came up.

    So not only would they have missed out on a wonderful vacation, next they add insult to injury because they've also wasted a week of vacation they may need when the vacation was finally rescheduled.

    Russ, if this is true you've made a big mistake with this change.

    P-
  3. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    20 Oct '10 15:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This is insane if Russ caved in to the whingers worried about a handful of users that 'abuse' the system at the cost of everyone else.

    Think it was Crowley or Ragnorak who pointed out that they had once booked a vacation with the airline and everything for a week or so, and something came up.

    So not only would they have missed out on a wonderful vaca ...[text shortened]... ally rescheduled.

    Russ, if this is true you've made a big mistake with this change.

    P-
    Russ needs to quit listening to all these whiners that come to this chess site. If they don't like it then don't play on this site. Plain and simple. Go somewhere else and play chess.
    This was the best chess site on the interent but it's being ruined quickly by Russ and company caving into all the whiners. If it works good don't fix it. Tell the whiners to go somewhere else if they don't like it.
  4. 21 Oct '10 08:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    It says now that you can only cancel the whole vacation before it starts and nothing else about canceling any unused days.
    A change like this should have been notified in the Site Announcements forum. Thanks for letting us know about it.
  5. 21 Oct '10 12:47
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Tell the whiners to go somewhere else if they don't like it.
    Go elsewhere if you don't like it

    Bluddy vacation time was a bad idea at the time it was implemented but many whiners got it through.

    The sooner vacation time is removed the better.
  6. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    21 Oct '10 18:03
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Go elsewhere if you don't like it

    Bluddy vacation time was a bad idea at the time it was implemented but many whiners got it through.

    The sooner vacation time is removed the better.
    The sooner vacation time is removed the better.
    The sooner cheaters are removed the better. Hey maybe if you and Mctayto do a few more thousand 8 move draws and screw up the whole clan tables again Russ might consider it.

    Bluddy vacation time was a bad idea at the time it was implemented but many whiners got it through.
    That's your opinion, and I didn't whine about it to help get it threw. In fact I didn't like it either at the time. But you don't change the rules once something is implemented and not tell everyone about the changes. Do us all a favor and slither back into your hole.
  7. 22 Oct '10 00:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]The sooner vacation time is removed the better.
    The sooner cheaters are removed the better. Hey maybe if you and Mctayto do a few more thousand 8 move draws and screw up the whole clan tables again Russ might consider it.

    Bluddy vacation time was a bad idea at the time it was implemented but many whiners got it through.
    That's and not tell everyone about the changes. Do us all a favor and slither back into your hole.[/b]
    Are you implying that we cheated? Have you not already been warned about making unfounded cheating allegations? Please refrain from making further allegations in this regard.

    Do you not think that if Russ had considered what we did to be cheating then we would have already been banned?

    Have a look at the TOS points 1 and 2.

    RHP provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS" ), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you.

    Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS"

    This effectively give the site owners the ability to amend the site as they see fit, without any consultation with the membership. They do not need to consult or advise us of any changes.

    Now that this simple concept has been explained go back to praising the backward doG about how unfair it was for you to lose a couple of vacation days.
  8. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    22 Oct '10 01:57
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Are you implying that we cheated? Have you not already been warned about making unfounded cheating allegations? Please refrain from making further allegations in this regard.

    Do you not think that if Russ had considered what we did to be cheating then we would have already been banned?

    Have a look at the TOS points 1 and 2.

    [i]RHP provides ...[text shortened]... praising the backward doG about how unfair it was for you to lose a couple of vacation days.
    Are you implying that we cheated? If the shoe fits slip it on. Not enough there for you to go squealing to the mods like the little school girl that you are.

    Have you not already been warned about making unfounded cheating allegations? No! Remember I had to show you my posts were NOT removed that you so wished. And this is not a unfounded cheating allegation as you wish it was.

    Please refrain from making further allegations in this regard. You're a joke.

    Do you not think that if Russ had considered what we did to be cheating then we would have already been banned?
    Did not Russ suspend Mctayto and your little clan from all further clan activity and chew you two out for what you did??? Where you not warned to never do it again or else??

    I know what the TOS says. And yes they have the right to make any changes that they wish. They own this site.

    I'm speaking about some common sense here which you're clearly lacking.
    They, Russ and company always told us to book extra vacation days when we go on vacation because the time clocks keep running and if you're not back in time you could be timed out. And that you can UNBOOK any unused vacation days when you return. And that's been the case for the last couple years. I booked extra vacation days everytime I went on vacation. I don't care about losing the 3 vacation days. I have plenty left.
    I do care about not being able to put myself in clan challenges for 3 days when I'm trying to do clan challenges for our clan and I'm more than able to take on some more games for our clan.

    If you tell all the players the rules for vacations, then change them two years later and don't tell the players don't you think the're might be some problems with that??
    I think it would just be common courtesy to let the players know so they can adjust to the changes don't you think?? oh of course you wouldn,t Duhhh!!
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Oct '10 12:59
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Go elsewhere if you don't like it

    Bluddy vacation time was a bad idea at the time it was implemented but many whiners got it through.

    The sooner vacation time is removed the better.
    I actually forgot vacation was a dumb idea... but if the admins want to have it they shouldn't make it irremovable.

    I agree they should just do away with it, and remind EVERYONE why they initially gave us THE TIME BANK.

    I forget who it was, but a long time member of RHP traveled a lot. He would be gone 1 or 2 weeks at a time, with little notice. Most people who played with them respected this, since he always said when he was vanishing for a bit.

    P-
  10. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Oct '10 13:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Are you implying that we cheated? Have you not already been warned about making unfounded cheating allegations? Please refrain from making further allegations in this regard.

    Do you not think that if Russ had considered what we did to be cheating then we would have already been banned?

    Have a look at the TOS points 1 and 2.

    [i]RHP provides praising the backward doG about how unfair it was for you to lose a couple of vacation days.
    [/i]Why do you have a one nipple Cyclops for a profile picture?

    P-
  11. 22 Oct '10 15:27
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    [/i]Why do you have a one nipple Cyclops for a profile picture?

    P-
    Because I can
  12. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    22 Oct '10 17:00
    I'm at a loss as to why the 'you can't be timed out' holiday flag, is such a stupid idea...before this every member was at the mercy of his opposition, some respected the fact that you were away and flying a flag but as it did nothing other than warn many just killed the game..36 days is generous, a subscribers privilege, I use as much as 90% of them for their intended 'away from home' purpose, I'm sure others use them all and some perhaps do abuse by 'creating' extra days of timebank, you can't legislate for every eventuality.
  13. 22 Oct '10 19:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I'm at a loss as to why the 'you can't be timed out' holiday flag, is such a stupid idea...before this every member was at the mercy of his opposition, some respected the fact that you were away and flying a flag but as it did nothing other than warn many just killed the game..36 days is generous, a subscribers privilege, I use as much as 90% of them for abuse by 'creating' extra days of timebank, you can't legislate for every eventuality.
    Its a stupid idea because when you accept say a 3/7 game you expect it to be finished within a certain period of time. Having 36 days vacation extends that time limit.

    If players don't want to risk a time out then play longer time controls.

    And its not fair as even non subs have holidays but can't extend their timebank .
  14. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    23 Oct '10 00:12
    I wish the time controls were as predictable as insinuated, leagues start later than initially published...'things happen,' life goes on and if a flag maintains my games then I'm pleased they are there.
  15. 23 Oct '10 11:29
    This surprised me too after my summer holiday.
    Can it be evaded by booking each day separately? 8-)

    The vacation system is furthermore good as it is.