1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 13:535 edits
    Update : the beta has now been completed. Thank you all who participated

A new beta build of RHP is now available, and any help testing it would be very much appreciated. If you are an active clan leader/club admin, your help would be particularly appreciated.

This version should function EXACTLY as the regular site does, so if you have any issues, please post here with as much detail as possible about what you did prior to hitting the problem.

If you do not see "Thank you for helping to test RHP Beta" at the top of every page, you are not accessing the beta site.

* If you login with Social Media accounts, you will be unable to use this beta site.
    * Image uploading is disabled - this is not a bug.
    * No Game explorer will not function [edit 2021-02-17:Now working]
    * Blogs will appear incomplete (missing images)
    * Blitz will not work. This feature in its current form is deprecated, soon to be replaced.

Your assistance in pushing the site forward is appreciated. This beta is phase 2 of a 2 phase update. And as this work involved a new server migration, you will be on the new server too.

Once complete, the focus will be back on adding new features.

If you hit any problems, please post here, as I will be monitoring this thread closely. Thanks!
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 13:581 edit
    @Russ

First of all thank you for your effort!

Then I think I have found a first problem:

https://beta.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=312580

is not displaying all games in the match. It breaks off after the third match

(being here on Win10 and Edge)

I checked that and none of my clan challenges are displayed correctly. It is also not an Edge Problem, same for Firefox
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 14:05
    Well, that didn't take long. I was about to message all who partook in the last beta thread, but I may wait until tomorrow now.

I'll get a fix up right away.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 14:06
    @Russ

Thank you
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 14:091 edit
    @ponderable said

https://beta.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=312580

is not displaying all games in the match. It breaks off after the third match
    Now fixed.

As always, last minute changes AFTER testing always catch you out... 🤦

Fortunately, most issues in this release should be trivial to fix.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 14:121 edit
    A further note : beta tests after this one should start to get a little more interesting, I promise!
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 14:23
    @russ said
    A further note : beta tests after this one should start get a little more interesting, I promise!
    Wasn't it that

"May you live in interesting times!"

be meant as curse (at least in Terry Pratchett's: Interesting Times).

Thank you for acting fast and I confirm that the fix works 🙂
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 18:53
    Thank you everyone already moving on the beta.

A few issues have come up thus far, but nothing serious. (Mainly API issues, which are used by the mobile apps primarily and only lightly used by the web site right now.)
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 20:10
    @ponderable said
    Wasn't it that

"May you live in interesting times!"

be meant as curse (at least in Terry Pratchett's: Interesting Times).

Thank you for acting fast and I confirm that the fix works 🙂
    This is both the danger of and the reason for beta tests. You can test every bleedin' thing you like, your users will try something else. I know this all too well, having had to admit to one of my own users this morning that I'd tested everything but the thing he tried. (Luckily, in my case, it was merely a matter of copying a file into another directory.) So, I really can't blame, mock, or even needle Russ for this.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 08:37
    @shallow-blue said
    This is both the danger of and the reason for beta tests. You can test every bleedin' thing you like, your users will try something else. I know this all too well, having had to admit to one of my own users this morning that I'd tested everything but the thing he tried. (Luckily, in my case, it was merely a matter of copying a file into another directory.) So, I really can't blame, mock, or even needle Russ for this.
    My post was not meant to blame, mock or needle Russ.

I was making a humorous remark on "interesting".

If I didn't make myself clear I am sorry.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 08:42
    I am not able to scroll down the pages in "Site Ideas" and always land on page 1.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 10:452 edits
    @Ponderable
    Mock and needle away, I welcome it! 🙂

BTW : I'm not on vacation, that is just a flag left up for testing.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 10:461 edit
    @Ponderable
    I am not able to scroll down the pages in "Site Ideas" and always land on page 1.

Thanks. Now fixed. As well as the other oddities with the paging controls elsewhere which needed looking at too.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 23:39
    I assume color coding isn't so important now because when I log on the beta site it kind of half looks like timeforchess and half rhp.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 05:462 edits
    Was messing around trying things, when I went to hide a post in a private club I was kicked out to the public forum list.

Edit: tried it twice and both times the posts remained there us normal and both times kicked out to the same place. Could close the thread and remove my own post but not hide, maybe because it was my own post I was trying to hide.

Edit 2: nope, same happens when i try to hide any post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree